UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr.Who

AdyCarter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that 3 out of the potential 6 episodes of series 5 have been completed whilst 3 others are 'unknown'. I really do hope that that is true because the last episode actually shown was titled "Goodbye,Sarah Jane Smith".

I have to say that I've never seen an episode of the SJ Adventures but I remember her with fondness in the original Dr.Who series' when she debuted.

oh right, I thought you meant Who. I've never seen her adventures either.

Yeah, supposedly she had been in a very bad way for some time, though this is now 4th hand information, from Newsround's Lizzo (... I don't watch Newsround)

I had a tear in my eye last night. Jon Pertwee was my 1st Doctor and Sarah Jane my first assistant/companion. Bringing her back in School Reunion was a brilliant idea and to then have her back in the series 4 finale was icing on the cake. I didn't see too many episodes of SJA mainly the ones that the Doctor appeared in, but I liked that it existed. My boy is actually more scared of watching SJA than he is Doctor Who, probably because he identifies more with the younger cast. I'm gutted to think we've seen the last of her. RIP Lis Sladen. Thanks for being so flipping brilliant!

I was far too young for Pertwee first time around, I remember McCoy vividly despite the fact I'd have been no older than 2 when his run came to an end. Pertwee was always my favourite though, that guy was Dr.Who as far as I was concerned, and remember being heartbroken when he died. Had to look it up, I can't have been much older than 8 at the time. I don't know if its a case of noticing it more the older I get, but it really does feel like more and more people I hold in high regard are dying on a very regular basis at the moment. As if all that death nonsense didn't trouble me enough.

Whilst having looked up dates, etc. It'd never really dawned on me that Tom was only the fourth doctor, in my own jumbled idea of things, he seemed very recent. I bet Colin Baker pops his clogs next.

As much as I love him, its still seems strange Matt Smith was 27 when he started... if someone told me he was at least 10years younger than that I'd not bat an eyelid.

I bet Colin Baker pops his clogs next.

Tom Baker is a fair bit older than Colin Baker ....just saying.

oh I know, just having seen a recent photo of Colin Baker... I'd not be too surprised if he'd already gone!

That bad huh!

I've had to change one or two the mirrors in my house recently because of the lies they were telling.

I'm a lot like Brian ....I always look on the bright side.... although it's f*cking difficult sometimes....... this wonderful actress gave a lot of people a lot of joy & was obviously very popular & loved by many . Who could wish for more out of life?

Me too, have they released what happened to her? All I keep reading about here in the states is testimonials from folks who were impacted by her. She sounded like such a nice person, would have loved to meet her :(

The press release I read over stated she died from a long standing battle with cancer. I've wanted to post on this but it really escapes me what to say. I really liked that she had taken the role of Sarah Jane yet again and loved the way it tied the 2 universes together. Sad news indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on the new series, gang? Apart from 'it's confusing as hell right now?' Don't get me wrong, I'm still loving it, but my kid is getting bored watching it the first time around. He's watched both episodes again and got more out of it, but Who needs to be more immediate and appealing to the younger audience.

I like my Dr. Who with grand adventures wrapped up neatly by the end of the episode, so I'm concerned with the growing number of subplots this season. Feels a little like they're trying to be the new Lost.

That said, I'm still enjoying the new season. Rory is growing on me, and Matt Smith is a brilliant Doctor.

Any thoughts on the new series, gang? Apart from 'it's confusing as hell right now?' Don't get me wrong, I'm still loving it, but my kid is getting bored watching it the first time around. He's watched both episodes again and got more out of it, but Who needs to be more immediate and appealing to the younger audience.

Totally agree, I suspect the complex episodes will bookend the season and the more typical Dr Who stuff will make up th erest of the season.

I do worry though that Moffat is being a little too clever for his own good and that the season openers were likely to go over the heads of a lot of the unwashed masses.

T.

p.s.

Anyone else thinking that the space suit was made by the Doctor to protect the little girl and that the little girl is in fact River Song?

I found it difficult to follow & resorted to rewinding it continuously to make any sense of it. The ginger jock has gone from being hot to downright irritating & her incessant shouting out "Doctor" even more so. Having said that ...there is still hope because Smith carries this show & I can only hope that it improves.

Mark Sheppard ( somebody 'the Third' )must be heading for some sort of award for appearing in the most cult TV series'....he's been in almost every show I can think of......seriously :yes:

I enjoyed the second part of the new series alot just for the little things like what I thought was a nod to the old movie serials where the hero is caught with no way to eascape and then next week they somehow have. (Thats the River Song bit)

I do worry though that Moffat is being a little too clever for his own good and that the season openers were likely to go over the heads of a lot of the unwashed masses.

T.

Oi, my nipper is exceptionally well maintained I'll 'ave yew no! Unwashed indeed! 'Harrumph!' :P

ps: To your spoiler: Yes. That's my suspicion too.

We just finished Series 3, and I thought the last two episodes with The Master were a little disappointing. Onward to Series 4!

Sorry to hear that Luke, I loved those episodes. Thought John Simm made for an excellent Master. I'd like to hear your thoughts on series 4.

There was a massive outcry among UK Who fandom when the actor who played the new companion was announced.

I found it difficult to follow & resorted to rewinding it continuously to make any sense of it. The ginger jock has gone from being hot to downright irritating & her incessant shouting out "Doctor" even more so. Having said that ...there is still hope because Smith carries this show & I can only hope that it improves.

Mark Sheppard ( somebody 'the Third' )must be heading for some sort of award for appearing in the most cult TV series'....he's been in almost every show I can think of......seriously :yes:

Mark Sheppard: Let's see...

Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, Doctor Who... Can't think of any more off of the top of my head, but Callum Keith Rennie who played Leoben in BSG is vying for similar honours.

I don't find Amy annoying, but I do agree that right now Matt Smith is carrying the show. I think he's possibly my favourite Doctor too.

I enjoyed the second part of the new series alot just for the little things like what I thought was a nod to the old movie serials where the hero is caught with no way to eascape and then next week they somehow have. (Thats the River Song bit)

Ha! 'Open the library doors' Excellent reference back to last years season opener. (blimey, I said season instead of series. Hell just froze over).

I first remember him as a 'firestarter' character in an early episode of the X-Files,since then....Warehouse 13,CSI(various),Medium,24,ST Voyager & many more.