UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr.Who

AdyCarter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried,I really tried, to find a relevant thread to put this in but for someone like me the 'Search' function is as much good as a chocolate fireguard.

Hold on Tight I'll move this one over to the Dr Who thread.. For a while I was unsure if I should: A) Put it in the curry B ) exterminate it C) or simply just move it.

With the search engine you have to think latterally sometimes Rob, I simply searched for tennant and the DR Who thread came up in the list of possibles.

T.

p.s. Spike Milligan total nutcase but utter genius!

I tried,I really tried, to find a relevant thread to put this in but for someone like me the 'Search' function is as much good as a chocolate fireguard.

So I rely on a Mod to do the hard work....& move it :P

With the search engine you have to think latterally sometimes Rob, I simply searched for tennant and the DR Who thread came up in the list of possibles.

Doctor..DR..Dr......Who is a struggle on ebay or wherever actually . How did Spike get away with that ?

Bloody Hell I'd love some Dalek 'mates .

Just watched the new episode of DW with the new doctor. A bit early to say really but I do like the new Doctor he has this slightly out of place/step feel to him. The episode itself was ok, nothing spectacular but fine. It did a good job of introducing the new characters and the the big eyeball flashback through all the other doctors was a good way of showing the evolution.

On thing I did really grin for was the peaks of future episodes. Spitfires in space! Army Green Daleks with Union Jacks on them..Go'ead!

Anyway really glad its back and again must see TV for nearly any generation. (Me (39) GF (30 something) Daughter (17) Son (18) and Nephew (5)) all sitting glued to the telly :)

I loved it. Agree that the story wasn't particularly out there. But it did the job of introducing the new doctor, companion and Tardis, and did it well. Matt Smith was a revelation. I expected him to be good, but wasn't expecting him to be that good. Karen Gillan comes across as a younger feistier Donna Noble type. She's not going to be mooning after this bloke, and that's a good thing. The only downside for me was the new theme tune. It's dreadful!

After a slightly dodgy first opening minutes I really enjoyed it. Matt Smith seems to have a similar manic energy to David Tennant, and the new companion is very hot. A bit cheesecake having her in a WPC uniform though. Not that I ought to complain!

I like the new theme Rad :P

oh and rad were gonna need some more nails ......i like the theme tune :)

Only two people in the world like the new tune. And they're both members of this forum!

What are the chances of that? :P

This is my 11th. Each time I am ready to be disappointed . Great start ....theme tune was a tad Mark Snow (y'know the X stuff) ...but we move on. The Doc was impressive & within minutes Tennant was history....great history but history. The 'jock girl' is beautiful ....stunning actually :wub: & now we are all set for the next era.

I am in thrall to the Sci-Fi stuff that is produced in the States ....this is the one show....the only show that competes & to be honest..............wins hands down ;) Superb.

watched the new one about ten minutes ago, still got a bit grin on my face... superb! I fell in love with Matt's Dr. in a preview from last week, with the vampires and 'am I thinking what I think i'm thinking?'. The episode was brilliant, and it was the first time i've found myself thinking up minimate custom recipes whilst watching. Talking of love... great choice in new sidekick Doc... v.tasty.

cannot wait for spitfires... in space!

...oh, and I also quite enjoyed that theme tune, sorry!

Any idea when this is premiering on BBC America? Seems they are replaying David's last stand next week sometime. I set it to record as our dvr seems to cut things off a minute or two before the show is over. Seems to happen more with the digital channels than the basic stations.

Any idea when this is premiering on BBC America? Seems they are replaying David's last stand next week sometime. I set it to record as our dvr seems to cut things off a minute or two before the show is over. Seems to happen more with the digital channels than the basic stations.

2 weeks time... apparently

just wathced the new episode and it was....brilliant!!!!! or should i say jeronimo!!!!!! ;) (though that does,nt make much sense) anyway i thought it was a great episode i liked the monster but mostly im excited about the reurn of the weeping angels, for any of you who missed the blink episode i strongly urge you to check it out.

Just watched Eleventh Hour (don't ask how... can't believe we still don't get Doctor Who on local TV <_<) and it was pretty enjoyable, definitely a very Moffat "Girl in the Fireplace" vibe :D

Didn't hate the new theme tune, did find it a bit ho-hum though.

jeronimo!!!!!! ;) (though that does,nt make much sense)

If that didn't make sense then you haven't watched enough cartoons growing up :P

(Also, it's spelled "Geronimo" ;))

Edited by NorthRaider

Oh man... finally people who actually liked the 11th Doctor - Eleventh Hour, I've been blasted on some forums and lynched on facebook by my friends for wanting to stand out from the crowd... but anyway, I loved the episode ^_^ Was really refreshing and well thought out, not sure on the new intro but I am positive its gonna grow on me.

But anyhooo still early days plenty of to be seen, keeping an open mind but the snippets I have seen of the future only makes the new series all the better. So here's to hoping.

regs,

TK

Hey TK, good to see you're about. The SFX forums seem to be 99.9% in favour of the new guy. I think the only complainers are Tennant fans first and Who fans second if you know what I mean? ;)

Just a reminder to all UK posters, please try not to spoiler the new series. I think the U.S. is going to be two weeks behind (officially) and I've no idea when the rest of the world (officially) gets to see it.

Rad: Pretty much yeah... I have nothing whatsoever against DT but they keep comparing MS too DT and I am telling them not too, he is a tough act to follow but I might be 24 but I've watched Dr Who a long time so that pretty much meant I was gonna keep an open mind and the fact is this if DT wanted to stay on as the Doctor he could have, but he wanted to go and there's no amount of whining or throwing your toys out the pram will bring him back.

But yeah things can only get better from here and I am hoping for good things :)

oh and before I forget my partner is a MS hater so I have to live with his constant taunts but he wants to watch the show with me which might be a good sign, but I will ban him from the living room if he a) won't shut up B) continually text the other MS haters (cos thats all he did too me last saturday) c) if I cant watch the episode in peace. So either way its a win win for me.

regs,

TK

Edited by Totalus_Kat

April 17th is the premier of the 11th Doctor on BBC America.

I remember when Troughton took over from Hartnell .....many of us weren't happy. :D

Just a reminder to all UK posters, please try not to spoiler the new series.

Can I still use my Geronimo avatar :(

You just made me do a LOL. I needed that. :D

2nd episode and loving it.

No spoilers from me but episode had everything for creatures that could actually scare the little ones watching it. Good doses of humour and well done character progression. Matt Smith is already stepping up well and it can be quite easy to forget who come before him in the revamped series.

Cant wait for next episode and I mean I really cant wait the preview at the end of this episode had me and the GF going yippie. She already wants a model of what is going to be in episode 3.

Latest episode # 3.

I like him...I love her...I didn't like the new 'them'. I guess it was inevitable & not unprecedented but nope I don't like them. I was trying to figure out what it was that I especially didn't like .....they're too big is my conclusion.

The storyline was quite good but as soon as we got to the saucer it all got a bit 'same ol' stuff'.