UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr.Who

AdyCarter

I'm undecided about the new guy, but then again I was saddened when Christopher Ecelston left the role and was replaced by David Tennant. Now it's hard to picture anyone but David in the role. I'll give the team the benefit of the doubt though as the majority of their decisions have been spot on.

Looking forward to Planet of the Dead around Easter.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on my travels around the interweb.

Lily Allen has emerged as the favourite to take on the role of The Doctor's assistant, reports The Telegraph.

The show's bosses are reportedly eager to hire a showbusiness name to act alongside Matt Smith, the relatively unknown actor recently revealed as the eleventh Doctor.

"Having got the casting of The Doctor out of the way, the companion role is where we will be looking next," said executive producer Piers Wenger.

"Someone terribly exciting like Billie Piper, who was at the beginning of her acting career but who had a profile for other reasons, would be great. We are looking for someone whose light can burn brightly.

"We would never cast anyone on the basis of their celebrity, but if Lily wanted to audition we would be delighted. It would be a lot of fun."

The singer was previously linked to the role in 2007, before it went to comedienne Catherine Tate.

Strictly Come Dancing stars Rachel Stevens and Kelly Brook are also reported to be in consideration for the part.

Lily Allen...noooooooooooo!

Ok I admit I didn't like the sound of Catherine Tate when it first became official but warmed to her by the end of her run not my favourite assistant but some of the humour was good. I as much as i disliked Tate's own comedy series I cant abide Lily Allen more so. It could only get worse for me if they chose Amy Whinehouse (deliberate misspelling) instead.

• 2 months later...

As I posted in the Who Minimate thread I came across some Who news over the weekend. one thing that was said is that to keep an eye on the new series for a return of a classic monster the Sea Devils.

BBC7 Iplayer Doctor Who Q/A

Edited by MiniFiend UK

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, so, me and my sister stayed up til 4 watching the last couple of episodes of season 4. Then we couldn't sleep. I was a giddy as a school girl. I was all OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGsqueeSQUEESQUEE!!!!!

Yeah, I love this show. Best show ever. Hands down. Best Sci-Fi ever. really.

So I'm having trouble finding a torrent for the Dr Who soundtracks. Can anyone hook me up?

I would think not because torrents of copyright material is illegal and I dont think the higher ups like links being shared.

Cant find anything on Gillian Anderson or Timothy Daltonbut I did come across this.

Lindsay Duncan to star in second Doctor Who Special of 2009.

The BBC has confirmed that acclaimed actress, Lindsay Duncan will guest star in the second Doctor Who special of 2009.

Lindsay is best known for her roles across stage and screen, including Shooting the Past and GBH and is soon to star as Margaret Thatcher in the highly anticipated BBC Two drama, Margaret. In Doctor Who she will play Adelaide - the Doctor's cleverest and most strong-minded companion yet.

Lindsay commented: “I’m thrilled to be involved in Doctor Who. I’ve never done anything like this before and I’m really looking forward to working with David Tennant and the Doctor Who team.”

Lindsay joins David Tennant as he continues his role as The Doctor in the second instalment of the four Doctor Who Specials to be screened throughout 2009, which will follow Planet of the Dead, due to air this Easter on BBC One.

Executive Producer and writer Russell T Davies said: “Lindsay is an incredibly talented actress and I’ve been an admirer of her work for some time. We are delighted to announce that she will be joining the team and playing the Doctor’s most strong-minded companion yet.”

The second episode is written by Russell T Davies and Phil Ford. It is due to go into production in Spring 2009 and will be screened on BBC One later this year.

The Producer is Nikki Wilson; Executive Producers are Julie Gardner and Russell T Davies. Doctor Who is produced by BBC Wales and is filmed in Cardiff.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've FINALLY seen Doctor Who.

I managed to find that one season with the Ninth Doctor in it (don't ask how), and I kinda really liked it. Sure, it's not BSG but it is complete fun to watch, the fact that it started out as being an educational show makes perfect sense to me. I started with the first four episodes yesterday and had to stop right before "Dalek"; after hearing so much about this episode it's safe to say I'm pretty excited for what happens next. Christopher Eccleston was adequately goofy, but I can definitely see how other people considered him one of the most pathos-laden Doctors yet. My sister thought the special effects were silly, but I kid you not when I say this is at least slightly more sophisticated than the weird, cheesy tripe our local networks produce.

Unfortunately I still haven't had any luck tracking down the following seasons (the ones with the Tenth Doctor in 'em), so I might be a while before I've properly "caught up." And in case you're wondering, no, I don't know how torrents work, I didn't use them. :ohmy:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

THREAD REGENERATE!

A small spoiler alert for anyone who hasn't seen the last few Tenth Doctor episodes yet:

This made me feel slightly better about the season 4 finale today.

Anyway, it appears some trailers and online previews and stuff have gone up for Matt Smith's debut season as the Doctor. Any thoughts? Hopes? Violent reactions?

well i was sad to see tenant go, but they gave him one hell of a send off! ( the tardis is definatly going to need some work done)

on the subject of the new guy , i'm not sure what to think of him yet seeing as we only saw him for three seconds , surronded by explosions, crashing the tardis.

I'm totally confident in Matt Smith. He's a good actor, and he's got Stephen Moffat as his show runner. I've a feeling we're in for a real treat this season. And I don't just mean Karen Gillans itsy bitsy skirts. ;)

I know nothing of Smith BUT have been a huge fan of Moffats work since ' Joking apart' a sitcom he wrote in the 80's & 'Coupling' is prob one of my all time fave shows. So have a lot of faith in him.

When does the new series start?

T.

• 2 months later...

I tried,I really tried, to find a relevant thread to put this in but for someone like me the 'Search' function is as much good as a chocolate fireguard. This weekend the new Doctor arrives on BBC TV & despite the fact that I'd not been huge on the Doc over the years..... the last few years' run are class ...pure class. I look forward to it.

Anyway that has hardly anything to do with this post. Anybody that knows me, knows that racism isn't in my psyche & if I need to put any more disclaimers in, then just let me add that this clip was from a 'different time' . Bear in mind that the genius who devised these sketches was actually born in India.... although his father was Irish & his mother was English . OK...that's the bollocks out of the way.... so I had never seen this until earlier this evening & I p*ssed myself ...............Pakistani Daleks

Put it in the curry :D