UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More Giant Size X-men at Target

Lobsterman

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Targets are a strange animal. They keep the stock in the back and only take more product out when the shelves are running low. It took my local Target to come out with the Gajin/Spidey packs about 2 months after the news broke out because they still were putting out stock. I hope it's just a matter of time that all Targets carry both assortments.

I haven't seen any of the "new" stuff at my Target, so I've been tempted to purchase the remaining F4 packs then return them once the GSXM stuff is actually on the shelf. The only thing holding me back is the thought of tying up that much money in Minimate futures, err merchandise. :)

Does anyone know the DPCI for these packs? Is it the same as the F4 because these are part of the rolling restock? The self-scanners at my Targets will indicate if there is any backstock. Maybe I can cajole the lone friendly team member into digging them out of the back if I show him that the shelf is empty. :D

A 45 minute drive to the nearest Target that carries minimates revealed a mixture of Fantastic Four, Blade/Punisher, and Spidey/Wolvie at the normal $5.99 price. I only grabbed one, but I'm thinking hard on going back and rescuing the rest from their retail enslavement. By buying these out, I should see the newer stuff?

I've thought about doing that too Ivan :P just to get more mates out there...lol. If the DCPI is what comes out on the receipt I think this is what you are looking for 087060845, it could be the same for all the rolling stock minimates including past FF packs.

Looking at my receipts for the Iceman set and the newer stuff, they both have that number listed, so I guess it stays the same.

I just took a few pictures of Professor X and his new ride, anybody want to host them?

In other news, my Nightcrawler's hips are all screwed up so I'm back to waiting for another Target to get these in so I can exchange him. Sad, because he was the one I was most excited to get.

Yeah thanks, that's the DPCI number. I should have a receipt with a couple F4 packs on it around here somewhere to compare against.

If anyone wants to see if their Targets have Minimates in the back, just punch that number into the self-scanners and it should tell you. Not all Targets have scanners have the 10-digit buttons though, but if you ask a red-shirt they should be able to look it up on their PDT hand-scanners and tell you the same info.

Yeah thanks, that's the DPCI number. I should have a receipt with a couple F4 packs on it around here somewhere to compare against.

If anyone wants to see if their Targets have Minimates in the back, just punch that number into the self-scanners and it should tell you. Not all Targets have scanners have the 10-digit buttons though, but if you ask a red-shirt they should be able to look it up on their PDT hand-scanners and tell you the same info.

So, I can just walk up to someone and give them that number and they'll know right away if they have any in the back?

And has anyone else noticed just how often the red-shirts tend to die off? Maybe that's just my local Target...

Sweet the new duds suit him well. Glad they decided to vary in the colors, including his wheelchair. Thanks for sharing.

My thought is they decided to make these instead because the movie mates fell through.

BTW, The DCPI # is the same for the Wolverine/Iceman packs, just an FYI

Yep, that's the dpci I have on my receipt AJL and gang. Sorry for not posting my own pics, the weather cleared up today and my yard needed to be mowed one last time before winter kicks in(hopefully) :rolleyes:

So, I can just walk up to someone and give them that number and they'll know right away if they have any in the back?

As long as that employee has a price-scanner-gun/mobile-terminal/PDT-thingies with them, that's how it is supposed to work, but employee apathy or ignorance might be a hinderance. :) Since the F4, Iceman, and GSXM packs share the same DPCI the PDT won't tell them exactly what Minimates are in the stock room. The only way to know which case breakdown they have is to open it up. They'll only do that if there is enough room on the shelf to put them out.

Good luck.

Actually, it's easy. Walk up to any price scanner. Punch in the numbers on the buttons. It'll say yes or no in the back. If yes, pick up the phone right there and ask them to go get them for you. That works even if there are some ont he shelf.

No, not (necessarily) that easy at all. Ask the Marvel Legends variant hunters, or the Hot Wheels guys if they can get Target employees to bring a fresh case of stock out to a full shelf.

And as much as they strive to be, not all Targets are the same. (i.e. Not all scanners have keypads.)