UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More Giant Size X-men at Target

Lobsterman

Just stopped by Target and found two packs of Mates from the GSXM box set:

Colossus and Nightcrawler

Cyclops and Storm

As well as

Dark Phoenix and Prof X

Didn't see any of the Wolvie/Iceman pairing, and I assume them putting Thunderbird back out there is doubtful. Looks like this is our "X3" wave...

Anyway, a good chance to catch up on some rarer Mates.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet molasses!

Im stoked that we are getting these hard to find minis now... I can finally do some customs that Ive been longing to make, without spending a freaking fortune.

but at the same time, Im a little bummed that I broke down and spent as much as I did to get the GSXM boxed set, when I could have waited a year or so and gotten them for so much cheaper. Except for Thunderbird.

but alas. I am so totally heading off to Target tomorrow to score a buttload of these...

This is great news! Only good things can come from having "rolling stock" at Target. Can one of the American members (possibly someone in the PACNW) pick me up one of each of the new Target 2-packs? Cappy? Donster? I'm Johnny-on-the-spot with the PayPal.

Somebody on TNI says he found the same sets, plus one with Ben Reilly and Sandman. Now, I'm happy (thrilled, really) about most of these, but two weeks ago I got the Sandman and Silver Sable set at a comic shop. If I'd have waited, I could have had Ben instead of Sable. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find an excuse to get it anyway and then find something to do with an extra Sandman.

Wow, are these $6.95? If they are $5.95, then the figures would end up costing less than the original set!

It's sorta cool, but I'm really tired of being burned by paying collector prices. :angry:

I haven't even bought the Spider-Woman I'm missing, because, yeah, it looks like she will probably be re-released at some point.

Wow, are these $6.95? If they are $5.95, then the figures would end up costing less than the original set!

It's sorta cool, but I'm really tired of being burned by paying collector prices. :angry:

I haven't even bought the Spider-Woman I'm missing, because, yeah, it looks like she will probably be re-released at some point.

If you mean Jessica Drew Spider-Woman, then look no further than the New Avengers 4-pack, though she has a different facial expression, it seems. If you mean Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman/Arachne, then no, she'll never be rereleased due to her variant status. Odd choice limiting yourself from an entire character, especially since she's more prominent in Civil War than Jess.

Anyone checking to see if the rereleased X-Men feature the latest in Minimate tech, from C3 feet to <> holes, etc? Also, anyone know if they have the same facial expressions, paint apps, etc? The original purchase won't look so bad if we discover some variations in the rereleased figures.