• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read Away:

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Discuss....

neo

Looks very fun!I hope you can free roam.The noir universe looks very intresting and I am curios on how they put "STEALTH"In a spider-man game{Yes I know stealth was used in spider-man 1 but not for half the game}

hopefully minimates will come out for this game.

Well well... sounds like an interesting concept. Sounds insanely linear. But still...

Now I wonder what will be the next two universes? My bets hit Ultimate. No clue what the other would be though...

If they do Ultimate, as they're having villains dedicated to each universe, Ultimate's would probably be Goblin or Ock.

Pretty sweet! I actually like the concept Noir, and the graphics on this game look very appealing.

I wonder if the'll go with Ult. if there was already a whole game for that.

I'm guessing one will be in the future (Maybe 2099 or something like Old Man Logan).

Well well... sounds like an interesting concept. Sounds insanely linear. But still...

Now I wonder what will be the next two universes? My bets hit Ultimate. No clue what the other would be though...

If they do Ultimate, as they're having villains dedicated to each universe, Ultimate's would probably be Goblin or Ock.

If it is ultimate I bet the main villian is green goblin.

After Ultimate I think the next dimension would be futuristic maybe?They already did past so yea....As for the villian of the future I would think they should put BEETLE.

As soon as i saw the second video the only thing i could think was "third is Ultimate. It has to be."

I am sooooooooooo for the production of this game. I LOVE the Noir comics, especially the X-men, but Spidey was fantastic. The way all of these characters were revamped for a Gret Depression-era styling was very masterfully penned, especially Norman and his gang, and Black Cat. Brilliant writing. This is the "dimension" i look forward to the most, and the reason i will be buying this. The other 3 will just be "freebies" to me.

EDIT: Going back and reading everyone else's comments, i agree that 4th is most likely 2099. Neat designs and cameos for that series.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Looked good from the trailer. I love me some superhero games!

First time I've ever seen Noir, the look is fantastic, amazed we have never had that version of Spidey in Minimate form.

I have my next question for Chuck :)

Looked good from the trailer. I love me some superhero games!

First time I've ever seen Noir, the look is fantastic, amazed we have never had that version of Spidey in Minimate form.

I have my next question for Chuck :)

The look is actually fairly modern, Danny. The comic itself was the second of Marvel's Noir Universe titles, the first being the confusing detective drama X-men, and came out Fall of '09. Considering all we had seen before that and how far ahead Minimate Waves were planned, I'm not too surprised.

It is a great piece if you haven't checked it out yet. As i said above, it's rooted in the Depression, and is kinda terrifying. The revamped New York is great, as are the characters; I love how Norman and Black Cat are portrayed especially. There was a sequel, as there was for X-men (Mark of Cain; another great work), which i couldn't pick up due to how many comics were already in my budget.

However, i 100% wholeheartedly recommend the Trade Paperback Marvel has out now. One of the better modern comics i've read. :)

Ah yeah! 2099 would be great for it. After all, they announced a well known universe and a lesser known one as the first two. I don't see why the fourth universe, if Ultimate is the second, wouldn't be obscure. Ultimate is pretty well known. So the fourth would probably be somthing obscure yet really cool. And 2099 is excellent for that.

what about 1602? is that TOO odd ball? I mean, ultimate is close enough to Amazing visually to be rejected, but Noir, 2099 & 1602 would be a hoot. Other versions could be Earth X, Marvel Zombies.

EDIT: on the game's community page if we pre-order the game we get 4 different cosmic spideys for each universe. interesting to see how the cosmic noir would look.

Edited by mrjasontodd

Zombies would rock, but it's a Spidey game, so it's gotta be appealing to all ages.

I think NOIR's a stretch to be appealing to all ages so Zombies shouldn't be out of the question.

what about 1602? is that TOO odd ball? I mean, ultimate is close enough to Amazing visually to be rejected, but Noir, 2099 & 1602 would be a hoot. Other versions could be Earth X, Marvel Zombies.

EDIT: on the game's community page if we pre-order the game we get 4 different cosmic spideys for each universe. interesting to see how the cosmic noir would look.

Oh Carp, I forgot about 1602. Spidey got his own 1602 comic recently. Which I also forgot about. So honestly that's not too far off in left field. If he hadn't gotten that comic, I would say it was as 1602 seems to be less of a Spidey thing and more of an "all the Universe" thing.

Zombies would be insanely fun. Insanely fun... I mean, being able to EAT your enemies as you take them down. How cool would that be? Aparantly though, according to DST (I don't remember where this was said. NR?) Marvel kinda stopped MZ merchandise as, yaknow, it's Spider-Man eating brains. And there are innocent children about.

However, i 100% wholeheartedly recommend the Trade Paperback Marvel has out now. One of the better modern comics i've read. :)

Thanks for the info TTF :) I'll look into picking the TPB up, I haven't bought any for a while and this has really piqued my interest.

As far as the Dimensions, I don't think "Ultimate" is a lock as everyone here thinks. Honestly, Ultimate and Amazing can really be interchanged with just younger characters. It looks as if they are really trying to bridge the gap of fantasy Spider-Men-types. With that being said, my predictions are:

1 - Amazing Spider-Man

2 - Noir Spider-Man

3 - Spider-Man 1602

4 - Spider-Man: India **

**I'd like to point out that 2099 is a likely candidate, but if the game is really going for vast differences, I think this makes more sense. Plus, both India and 1602 are more recent as opposed to 2099 which was introduced some time ago. Also, with the popularity of games like Price of Persia and Assassin's Creed, India would be a nice fit. Reguardless I can't wait.

I'd also like to ask, did anyone notice the First-Person part of the game? I thought someone would bring it up, but if you watch the trailer again right at the end of the trailer you get a couple of money shots that are in First-Person. So, are we finally going to see First-Person Swinging and what do you guys think about it ?!

didnt even think of he India plot, what about that manga? way of the spider i think

Yeah, I thought about the Manga. But, trying to think like a business, the Manga (in order to be treated right) would have a different Art style completely. Where you can see Noir and Amazing are both the same Graphics that are just talor to suit the character. 2099, India, and 1602 could do the same thing. They could take the exact graphics and just reskin everything either in the future or the past or in India. Where if you tried to do the Manga and do it right you would have to retool the art into a Manga-style graphics or it would just look wierd.

However, I have often said that Spider-Man + Ninjas = Instant Win :D.

neo

As nice as another trip to he Ultimate universe would be, I doubt they'd go that route, since it would be too similar to the regular "Amazing" universe.

The buzz on Kotaku seems to suggest that 2099 would be one of the universes. They had an image of the Gamestop bonus material in the form of the Captain Universe version of the costumes, and one of the costumes was predominately blue with spikes on the arms. The other looked kind of dark, like the symbiote or something along those lines, if that tells you anything.

As for the other universe, maybe Reign? It had a dark feel to it, which would match the Gamestop bonus somewhat.

• 2 months later...
This may have been revealed elsewhere but.....2099!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=vi...;show_id=350532

Looks great, I wonder how free roaming that futuristic city is. The more I see of this game the more I wanna see.

Yup. And, pre-order the game, and you can change the 2099 costume to Iron Spidey (Civil War). :)

This may have been revealed elsewhere but.....2099!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=vi...;show_id=350532

Looks great, I wonder how free roaming that futuristic city is. The more I see of this game the more I wanna see.

Yup. And, pre-order the game, and you can change the 2099 costume to Iron Spidey (Civil War). :)

I wish iron spidey would be DLC because I only have $40.00 of birthday money left,meaning I wont have enough to preorder from amazon Considering shipping and taxes.About $80.00 canadaian.I AM MAD!