UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Marvel Minimates are YOU missing still?

MST3KFan

i still don't have that vision 2.0 variant 'mate. oh, and i also don't have "cosmic spiderman", either. everything else i either have in my collection or i don't honestly want.

i suppose i'll get around to picking up those first two 'mates i mentioned one of these days...

About 4 years ago when I got married, I made a huge mistake and sold my entire collection of mates, Which included every marvel mate and exclusive from series 1-6. About the time series 17 came out, I started buying them again. I finally just re-bought the Iron Fist/ Power man set, and I bought the Invisible woman/Thing variant set. I pretty much picked up most of the ones I really cared about from 1-14, and I have every figure from series 16 and on. The ones I wish I had that I haven't bought again are the Giant Sized X-men, Gray Suit Prof. X, Stealth Iron Man, and the Peter/ MAry Jane set.

I'm missing quite a bit of the Marvel stuff from Series 14 back. I'm not too concerned about those though. What I'm REALLY missing and trying to track down is Series 23 and Series 28. I told myself I wouldn't pay $30 on ebay for the Deadpool / Wolverine pack, and I'm right. Its now going for $40. So uncool. I also need to order Series 34 and the Spidey Friends and Foes pack.

I never bought the movie lines. . . but after picking up some Iron Man movie mates (the first film), i softened a bit on the movie franchise mates. I picked up the X3 wave pretty cheap on eBay, but am still missing the SpiderMan3 waves.

Since becoming a bit of a partial completionist, i feel i "should" get them, but i can't get too excited about them.

Mates that i don't have but REALLY do want are probably best exemplified in my Wants List. Invisible Woman Variant, Visorless Ultimate Cyclops. Years ago i passed up Frosted Iceman & Stealth IronMan at my LCS as i was only collecting X-Men at the time and didn't need/want variants. *sigh* . . . . so naive. I'm still chasing those two MIB to this day :(

I also passed on the Heroes Box Set Wolverine as i had had enough effing Logan variants. . . but have since seen some great customs with him and now deeply regret not snapping up a couple of him.

Hmmm

I'm missing quiet a few 616 characters. Some are fairly common and I just haven't pulled the trigger on them on eBay. Some, like GXM set versions of the X-men, are simply too expensive. And then there's things like the Dark Avengers sets that my OCD wars with my general dislike of the characters/versions. (oh the OCD usually wins)

I'd list them... it's obnoxiously long. It's easier to list the characters I'm missing (i.e. have no versions of)

Ares

Blade

Crimson Dymano

Dark Phoenix

Dreadnought

Elektra

Hobgoblin

Hydroman

Iron Fist

Kingpin

Mandarin

Marvel Boy

Mystique

Nightcrawler

Nitro

Power Man

Punisher

Scarlet Spider (Reily)

Sentry

Spider-Man 2099

Spider-Woman (Drew)

Stilt Man

Thor (Masterson)

Thunderbird

US Agent

Wolverine (Daken)

As someone who started in on Marvel years ago, many of these coveted 'mates have passed through my hands, though almost all are now gone. Inspired by this thread, I went through my random pile and sorted out what I have to offer, and it turns out I've got several that some of you have mentioned. Check out my trades thread (would prefer trades, but would also consider offers to buy), and maybe I can help a few of you out.

I'm 2 Blue suit Prof.X's short of 8 of everything except for Gold & Silver Spideys. :D

Edit: I am of course joking.

I'm glad you're joking because if you weren't I'd have to ask if you were baiting for insults XD

i still don't have that vision 2.0 variant 'mate. oh, and i also don't have "cosmic spiderman", either. everything else i either have in my collection or i don't honestly want.

i suppose i'll get around to picking up those first two 'mates i mentioned one of these days...

My LCS has the two you're looking for if you really want to buy them. I'll sell them MIB at cost + shipping.

After selling most of my mates, I realize I don't miss most of them. I do miss however, Nightcrawler and Carnage.

Edited by Dio

I don't care to own Silver or Gold Spidey or DVD Hulk, but I am missing the following:

Wave 2 Spider-man & Carnage

TRU Exclusive 10 pack w/Ultimate Green Goblin

ALL of Wave 10

Maximate Galactus

TRU wave 6 minus Thor/Loki

& all IM2 Minimates

I've been trying to fill these holes the past few weeks. Finding MIB sets has been pretty difficult.

Warpath and X-Factor Angel ( I need this one)

There are others out there, but I'm trying to focus on Marvel right now and the rest are just filler minimates.