UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Helo vs. Husker

First of all, let's please keep show spoilers out of here, as I haven't seen any of BSG yet.

This is Tahmoh Penikett:

Tahmoh%20Penikett-ALO-026077.jpg

He played Helo in Battlestar Galactica. This is his Minimate:

fig0440h250.jpg

I see no resemblance.

Now, Tahmoh also played Ballard in Dollhouse (which I haven't seen any of Season 2 beyond the first episode, so again, please, no spoilers).

When I first got Husker, I thought that it was Tahmoh's Minimate:

fig0640h250.jpg

Who's supposed to be Nico Cortez:

minizody_nick_big.jpg

Now, on my own Minimate shelves, I can make any figure be any character I want.

However, am I the only one that thinks the Husker 'Mate looks more facially like real life Helo, than real life Husker?

I mean, before I did any research into the characters (which wasn't easy while trying to avoid spoilers), just by looking at the Husker toy, and knowing what Tahmoh looked like from Dollhouse (I even held it up to the screen during a Season 1 episode), this is the conclusion I came to. It was only after thinking it was him for so long, that I found out it was supposed to be a younger version of

Edward James Olmos

Again, like I said, I can do what I want with my own toys, so I'm already calling Husker "Helo", and I took "imposter Helo" off the shelf. But I wanted to know if anyone else thought this about their faces...

:confused:

True it doesn't look much like Helo but the hair swap should fix it. As for the no spoiler plea... you are running out of time son. BSG has been off the air for some time so you better get caught up. I held up on seeing Sixth Sense for a year and had a morning radio show spoil it for me while waiting for a bacon egg and cheese at a deli. I had no one to blame but myself. Husker is totally out of place (time wise) so I don't even display him with my BSG mates

Edited by Rheul

I never used to be all that bothered about the hit-and-miss actor resemblance on 'mates before.

At least that was until I figured I could improve Admiral Adama's resemblance to Edward James Olmos...

fig0393h250.jpg

... by giving him Andre Drazen's head.

fig0421h250.jpg

Well, it looked slightly better to me anyway. Never really watched much 24 to begin with.

Spoiler alert: It's people! Soylent green... oh...

I agree that Helo has one of the worst likenesses, but I think the hair is a big issue. I think the hair piece often goes a lot further than we give it credit for, and Helo's big clunky helmet is an example of getting it wrong. I've always thought it funny that old Tyrol was pretty spot on, but then new Tyrol was so off in the likeness department. The Husker 'mate, IMO, doesn't really look like anyone from the show.

[ quote name=Turtle' date='Mar 18 2010, 10:48 AM' post='149129]

The Husker 'mate, IMO, doesn't really look like anyone from the show.

Personally, I think that he looks a lot like Lee after "one year later" at the end of season 2.5. ;) For some reason Husker just looks jowl-ey to me. :D I agree about Helo, though; they could have done a better job. Oh well, I am just happy we got as many characters as we did iut of this line.

Personally, I think that he looks a lot like Lee after "one year later" at the end of season 2.5. ;) For some reason Husker just looks jowl-ey to me. :D

BWAHA! That is pretty hilarious, but now that you've mentioned it...