UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends (Superhero) Showdown on Clearance at Wal-Mart

handsomedevil

I found a Spider-Man/Thing 2-pack clearanced out to $7 today at my local Wal-Mart. The Thing is way cool, but the Spider-Man's arm popped off before I even got it out of the box!

I was thinking about picking up The Human Torch and Mr. Fantastic too, but I'm thinking all of the "regular"-sized characters might be a little too fragile due to their tiny joints. Anyone have any input?

Just the same as you.....I haven't actually picked up any of these, but have checked out their joints and they just looked too weak to me. I had to pass on them. I have seen the Juggernaut figure, but didn't get a chance to check out the joints on it, that's probably the only one I would likely to get.

Are those the ones that are about four inches tall and look like miniature legends figures? If so i would like to buy the Iron Man figure. He would look awesome with my Giant Man.

I have almost all of the ones released so far (unfortunately I haven't seen Juggernaut yet though). I like em alot, except for the two orignal 2-packs that I have. I heard the the ones out at Wal-mart seem to be a bit better than the ones originally released at TRU. I am definately gonna pick em both up on clearance tommorrow before work.

• 3 months later...

I have been VERY lucky with these figs, Ive found everything I've got on clearence for $2.00 or less! as for bad joints the thinner figs use a ball joint system similar to microman figures the only one I've gotten that I have some dissapointment with has been the Thing The sculpt and paint are great but his joints are so loose he hangs in your hand like a limp rag doll other than that I've been thrilled to pieces with these (for a 1.70 a pop its hard not to be) I grew up with Marvel toys made for the most part by MEGO anybody who remebers this stuff or has collected it knows those toys suffered in quality in various ways poor paint, sub-standard materials, etc. so the stuff we get these days always seems to be great to me maybe I just have low expectations of toys.

Does any one have any expierence playing the game? My nephew has expressed some interest in playing I was wondering if any one may have developed some variant rules to make it a little more workable the rule book seems less than clear to me.

Ah, one of my favorite TRU stories. I was working one time and this woman bought her little son the Spiderman/Thing set. He opens it up while they're still in the store (she'd paid already) and *POP* Spiderman's dead before he's even out of the box.

The kid starts screaming. I mean, he goes balistic. He frickin KILLED Spiderman! The mom quickly returns it and gets him another. He calms down a bit, opens his new one, and actually manages to get it out. He's happy, starts playing with him on the counter while the mom talks to the cashier. Oops, Spiderman loses it, and not just the arms this time. All at once. I thought he was screaming before... I rushed over, and the mom starts complaining about how we're selling cheap stuff and wants to see the manager. I quickly explained to her that they're not toys, they're not action figures, that they're a board game where you're supposed to remove the pieces as they take damage. (If this is true or not, I have no idea) She barely bought it and left the store with her screaming son, Spiderman's murderer. Ah, that was a good day. ^-^

I'm headed out to Walmart tomorrow where they might still have some of these, and hopefully for cheap.