UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Whats up guys? Yes, you all have another noob on the board. I just started collecting minimates a little bit ago, the first set I ever got being the Weapon XI Wolverine movie set. And now I have over a hundred. These things are just so fun. (And cheap, which is nice.) My most recent grabs are the TRU Wave 6, Thor/Loki and Hulk/Mr. Fantastic, and lovin them both. Looking forward to the IM2 minimates, that I already pre-ordered. (So much for March 5th I guess.) Looking forward to the movie too, love the new trailer. I'm from St. Charles IL, about an hour west of Chicago. I'm 18, and graduating High School this year. I love Transformers, Watchmen, V For Vendetta, The Matrix, and of course Marvel Comics. (Just recently subscribed to Marvel Digital Comics, BEST. CHOICE. EVER.) Anyway, I've been a lurker here for a while so I know a few of your names.

P.S. I am obsessed with the TV show LOST, and have seen every episode about 20 times, if you want to join me in Lost disscussion, PM me. :highfive2:

Welcome mortal. Welcome. Well as it's your Introduction thread it's time for me to do that tournament of Champions, that arena of the Fates, the T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!!!

That's right Kiddo, I quote a movie, you name the movie.

Your quote:

"How shall we put this? Obtainer of rare antiquities."

Aloha to you too!

Sounds like you're building up quite a collection there. Last year really was one hell of a busy year to start collection MiniMates.

The line has never been more plentiful!

Welcome.

Welcome mortal. Welcome. Well as it's your Introduction thread it's time for me to do that tournament of Champions, that arena of the Fates, the T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!!!

Your quote:

Well, in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Major Eaton says something close to that line.

Major Eaton: Doctor Jones, we've heard a lot about you.

Indiana: Have you.

Major Eaton: Professor of Archeology. Expert on the occult and how does one say it? Obtainer of rare antiquities.

Indiana: That's one way of saying it. Why don't you sit down you'll be more comfortable.

As for the music challenge, the song is by The Meatmen, but I'm not sure of the title of the song.

Your quote:

Well, in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Major Eaton says something close to that line.

Major Eaton: Doctor Jones, we've heard a lot about you.

Indiana: Have you.

Major Eaton: Professor of Archeology. Expert on the occult and how does one say it? Obtainer of rare antiquities.

Indiana: That's one way of saying it. Why don't you sit down you'll be more comfortable.

As for the music challenge, the song is by The Meatmen, but I'm not sure of the title of the song.

I think you deserve a high five because that was the movie I was thinking of. But you got the exact quote and I did not.

HI BSRJ22,

Welcome to the boards... Sorry for all the quizzes those folks have no lives and to get their jollies somehow!

Can I point you ( and at least two others who have posted in this thread who should know better) to the guidelines regarding Sig text...

Signature Guidelines

-The maximum number of lines allowed in a signature is 1.

-The maximum number of images allowed in a signature is 1.

-The maximum size of images allowed in a signature is 600x150 pixels, 50kb.

-Signature text should comply with our regular posting rules. No all-caps, no alternating caps, etc..

-Signatures that are too long or obtrusive will be removed. This includes overly creative use of punctuation, color, etc. which make the signature too distracting.

-Signatures with just your username will be removed. Usernames are on the top of every post, so there's no need to have it in your signature too.

-No affiliate links! No links to retail websites or e-tailers that are not approved or already buying advertising.

Thanks.

T.

Hey, another ex-lurker! Welcome to the 'verse!

So let's see who you've met in this thread so far:

our resident smurf-fearing mod

The founder of Minimates Central

our two resident quiz guys

Mr. Sinister

our resident cajun

our resident... lobster pot guy :confused:

... and buttheadsmate.

Well, the important thing is you're still standing! Enjoy your stay!

HI BSRJ22,

Welcome to the boards... Sorry for all the quizzes those folks have no lives and to get their jollies somehow!

Can I point you ( and at least two others who have posted in this thread who should know better) to the guidelines regarding Sig text...

Thanks.

T.

'Rules is rules' & without them & the mods this place would descend into anarchy .

Nessex recently sent me this video of the inaugural meeting of the Wooloomooloo Shockini Forum AGM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJs8seHqWzE

Queensland :whistling:

PS I think the name 'Bruce' would equate to 'Jeff' on this forum .

Edited by buttheadsmate

BSRJ22,

Thanks for the quick fix, Seems like we're going to get along just fine.

If you have any questions about the place or need anything feel free to drop me a PM

I don't think I've ever been described quite like that before... but would like to go on record as not being a sissy and scared of smurfs!! ( well except Papa Smurf - Who looks creepy - "Show me on the doll where papa smurf touched you..." )

'Rules is rules' & without them & the mods this place would descend into anarchy .

I believe it's more like FURTHER into anarchy, I believe the official line is "We do what me must because we can."

T.

I don't think I've ever been described quite like that before... but would like to go on record as not being a sissy and scared of smurfs!! ( well except Papa Smurf - Who looks creepy - "Show me on the doll where papa smurf touched you..." )

emoticon-cartoon-018.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Aapje was already here which means I'm a little late. :whistling:

Welcome to the 'verse, enjoy your stay! And to continue the list, you also met the official thread hunter and the nicest guy around, since he pops up every now and then to say welcome and/or happy birthday. (I don't know who pointed that out, think it was BHM. Thread Hunter, any info on that? :tongue: )

Not 100% on the exact dates, but I can confirm BHM was indeed the first to point out this observation :)

This oddly seems like one of his earlier posts... not to say BHM was the only one of course. Don't go changin' Aapje!

bsrj22, I cannot stress enough what a great decision it was for you to join up :D

lol,

im always hanging around ;)

its just like a horror movie sequel...just when you thought you lost me, im back again :devil: