UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 36 new pic

battlecat

That's funny, 'cause in our neck of the woods there had been consistent sightings of Peppers, but an extremely dire shortage of Happys. (Either that or the Happys were indeed the "commons" and all the Iron Man collectors in my area had just been a collective gaggle of wackos.)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't this just happen with the Happy/Drone vs Pepper/Drone packs from Wave 35 too?

I don't think it was ever officially acknowledged, but I can attest to finding 5 Happy Hogan packs in the wild, and only 1 Pepper Potts. <_<

Yeah there's 5 or 6 Happy two packs sitting at my local Borders and one Pepper.

So Luke, if I pre-ordered a Modern Manderin for the NON-variant price, which one will I get, classic or modern?

At this point, I can't tell you anything for certain until we hear from someone who can see the actual case ratios. I would call Diamond, but they will take 2 days to get back to me, and by then we will know. For now, I have removed the modern version from the store, as if it ends up being the variant, I will definitely be sold out.

post-7-1277234362.gif

Shouldn't we wait till someone actually has these in hand before and confirms the switch we break out the pitchforks?

T.

I respect your point Tim but this seller seems to be confident enough to sell them & he's no fool either .......... http://shop.ebay.com/enchantedtoychest/m.h...3911.m270.l1313 .

wave36.jpg

I just noticed that the 'shirtless' version they show has green hands, while the 'robed' shows flesh hands?

Maybe that version includes multiple hands? More accessories = more $$$ to produce = variant?

The 'classic' version doesn't appear to have rings at all?

So where's the Crimson Dynamo ?

So where's the Crimson Dynamo ?

That's the old pic, the only one I could find. I think they revealed CD a few weeks later.

Preorder's up at BBTS.

They've put robe-less Mandarin in the photo instead of Crimson Dynamo. Also apparently the Modern Mandarin is the variant, which seems weird.

Lol, looking back to the beginning of this thread...

post-7-1277234362.gif

Shouldn't we wait till someone actually has these in hand before and confirms the switch we break out the pitchforks?

T.

I respect your point Tim but this seller seems to be confident enough to sell them & he's no fool either .......... http://shop.ebay.com/enchantedtoychest/m.h...3911.m270.l1313 .

And there have never been any auctions on EBAY that were wrong? :)

I'm cynical about this guy claiming "stuff in hand" before DST has shipped to LCS - I suspect he looked at the same info on the DST site that Luke did and is making the same assumptions. I'd bet it's more likely that it's a DST website cockup... wouldn't be the first time, heck they still sometimes describe minimates as 2.5"!

I just think that the panic is a bit premature... All I'm saying is lets see what actually shiped before everyone gets carried away shall we?

T.

i'm in the same position Luke, bought Modern for the standard cost. If it turns out he is the short packed version, i don't mind paying the extra $5 or so if thats what it takes to fill your orders... nor would i stop using the toy store due to factory/DST mistakes.

keep us updated good sir

Well it's nearly midnight here & I'm off to nod ..........I'm seeing Wave 36 hitting ebay & I'm seeing pictures & by the time I wake I'll see whether we have some answers to the conundrum ...."VARIANT or VARAINT ?".....a modern classic.

Thank God for god-cases. :rolleyes:

I confirmed this when I called a comic shop and had them hold the series for me. Classic Mandarin is the variant.

Well it's nearly midnight here & I'm off to nod ..........I'm seeing Wave 36 hitting ebay & I'm seeing pictures & by the time I wake I'll see whether we have some answers to the conundrum ...."VARIANT or VARAINT ?".....a modern classic.

Thank God for god-cases. :rolleyes:

I confirmed this when I called a comic shop and had them hold the series for me. Classic Mandarin is the variant.

Meaning the box said Variant or meaning he was actually shortpacked?

post-638-1277229256_thumb.jpg

:stupid:

The blue & white Angel pack said the same thing. And the non-variant was only packed 1 per case.

Didn't this just happen with the Happy/Drone vs Pepper/Drone packs from Wave 35 too?

I wouldn't know, my shop never got it in.

No, that's not the first time I've said it. Yes, I'm bitter about it. :lol:

post-7-1277234362.gif

Shouldn't we wait till someone actually has these in hand and confirms the switch before we break out the pitchforks?

T.

Yes. :)

I got them but I lost my camera <_<

Oddly Crimson Dynamo had Egon hair

You mean the pompador look? What does CD's facial expression look like under the mask. Come to think of it, what do all the masked mates in this wave look like underneath?