UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 36 new pic

battlecat

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, thanks for the pics Mini_Myte. No one takes pictures quite like you.

[*] Neo Classic Tony's head would make a great base for a Hitler minimate

mask.

Unmasked Crimson Dynamo? No way - that's Joseph Stalin.

Should we expect Churchill or Eisenhower in upcoming waves?

I drove almost 40 miles from work to the comic shop, during a thunderstorm/tornado warning ("warning" is the bad one), and they never came in. WTF, Diamond? <_<

comic shop doesnt have a phone huh? that sucks :P

moc847

post-66-1277384928_thumb.jpg

Unmasked Crimson Dynamo? No way - that's Joseph Stalin.

post-66-1277384932_thumb.jpg

all i can think when i see that face is I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!

moc847

moc847

I AM THE THIRD REVELATION!

I'm pretty excited about getting this wave later today. Hopefully TRU will have their 'mates in since my LCS is incredibly close to one.

I may be alone on this, but does anyone else absolutely hate the chest piece/crotch piece being merged together on all the IM 'mates lately? It tends to make them a lot less posable and I'm not into the general feel of it. It's like a cockroach shell or something.

So what's the deal with the green hands?

the green hands are Makluan scaled hands

After a battle with Iron man the mandarins hands were burnt/disintergrated and the Makluan rings dispersed, his hands eventually regrew and he once again called the rings to him

more recently the madarins hands and rings were sent to his son Temujin who continued his fathers legacy until he found that he was being manipulated by his right hand man into battling tony stark.

The mandarin was found alive living in a prison with no food or drink, he has regained his rings by having them fused into his spine (ouch!!), he then resurfaced as Tem Borjigin and was responsible for the extremis outbrake by terrorist splinter cells.

The Mandarin admits to the extremis creater Maya Hansen that even he will die in the outbreak but she and those with the gene to survive will become free from disease and become effectively immortal. Iron Man defeats the Mandarin while wearing the Silver Centurion armor by tearing five of the rings out of the Mandarin's spine, blasting him with those rings,unibeam, and repulsors at the same time, and then freezing him as he is engulfed in deadly concentrated Extremis virus, when the Mandarin's apparently frozen body is autopsied, all that is found is a blackened husk... not to dissimilar to the cocoon iron man formed so stay tuned..............

I think Neo-Classic would have been better with a new chest piece similar to Silver Centurion.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. That armor was always bulky-looking in the comics, so it seems like a perfect fit for a beefed-up chest piece. Might just have to customize that...

moc847

I AM THE THIRD REVELATION!

I'm pretty excited about getting this wave later today. Hopefully TRU will have their 'mates in since my LCS is incredibly close to one.

I may be alone on this, but does anyone else absolutely hate the chest piece/crotch piece being merged together on all the IM 'mates lately? It tends to make them a lot less posable and I'm not into the general feel of it. It's like a cockroach shell or something.

Yes, I don't much dig it either.

Should we expect Churchill or Eisenhower in upcoming waves?

Well, we also have a Hitler look-alike in this wave, so I think it's safe to say Ike and Winnie 'mates will make their appearance someday. Or maybe an FDR Minimate, with Fala as an accessory. :P

Edited by MinnesotaIceman

comic shop doesnt have a phone huh? that sucks :P

I had comics to pick up, too. It wasn't a wasted trip, but I can still be disappointed.

You are not alone.

I gotta say that Stilt Man rocks my face off! I can't stop looking at him, he's ridiculously menacing. I mean, he's menacing in a ridiculous way.

Which is his exact comic character; nice capture, DST! Three thumbs up from Cappy.

I gotta say that Stilt Man rocks my face off! I can't stop looking at him, he's ridiculously menacing. I mean, he's menacing in a ridiculous way.

Which is his exact comic character; nice capture, DST! Three thumbs up from Cappy.

Ummmmm... do I dare ask what the 3rd thumb is? :sick:

BS

Seeing Stilt-Man gives me a small modicum of hope for other ridiculously threatening bad guys like the Porcupine and Frog Man. hee hee

I might be a bit 'Groundhog' with this news but AFX are charging $32 whilst BBTS want $29 for a full-wave !

Yep, and AFX is giving you the choice of a FREE Minimate box set with purchase...too bad shipping kills the deal.

I wonder which set it is, though. I bet it's the 4-pack from the first Iron Man movie.

Got the TRU exclusives today and the mail just delivered the figures I ordered from wave 36.

Awesome day for Minimate collecting. XD

Modern Mandarin is especially cool even if he can't put down his arms with his cloak on. LOL