UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 36 new pic

battlecat

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, got any first impressions?

I am still at my day job, so I won't have a chance to look at these (and build my 12" Stilt Man) until tonight. I had my wife check the labels and quantities when they arrived from UPS. She packs 95% of the store orders. :)

Well, there's always the chance of bad QC issues so nobody stop panicking just yet.

:banana:

C'mon bad paint apps and 2 left arms!

love them all... well since i'm an IM fan... but.... i hate the lack of decals @ the back of dreadnought and IM!

I can confirm that Classic Mandarin is the VARIANT and he is one-per-case.

This concludes this test of the Emergency Angry Minimate Collectors Broadcast System. In the event of an actual variant mix-up, we are well prepared.

:D This might be come my new Sig line :D

T.

p.s. TOLD YOU!!! :P

i was excited when I opened stilt-man and found the black flat base. i hope the addition of the base is implemented in future releases or releases on a bag.

Just got back with the whole set.

I'm very very pleased with the set. First impressions:

-Dreadnoughts: Very nicely done and a good re-use of boots and hand parts. They could've benefited from a big chest piece and crotch, or at least some detailing on their backs.

-Classic Mandarin: Primo, Don Heck-style classic Mandy. Wonderful in every way!

-Modern Mandarin: Great extra parts underneath and a neat second set of green hands. The chest piece underneath will make lots of people happy to use for a muscular chest. Perfect figure to pack with the army builder.

-Crimson Dynamo: Spot on comic book version with a neat USSR hammer/scythe underneath the chestpiece. Odd that he has Egon hair, but his hair was a little poofy in his first appearance.

Proto Classic Iron Man: The big crotch piece isn't as neccessary here and I'll be looking for something to replace it with. A belt-piece, I think, would look better. Still, a very solid figure with nice, shiny colors. The issue I have is with the shoulderpads. A good idea, but I wish they could've connected all the way around the arms like the classic Shellhead that came with AIM goons. In the car on the way home my girlfriend was playing around with him and the shoulderpads kept falling off. Warm water/ice water trick helped a little... but I'll be getting a second one to practice the fine art of gluing with and see if I can't get them attached to the arms.

-Silver Centurion Iron Man: The figure could really have benefited from the shoulderpads on the other IM, as it restricts movement like a mo-fo. Other than that, the helmet was stuck to the face and when I finally got it off it had red paint smears all over the head. It looked like Tony'd stuck his face in the punchbowl. Also, you'll notice that the mask is the same one from the earlier version and still doesn't completely fit down over the whole head. Good thing I've got one that I sanded the top of the head down to use with the original Centurion.

Stilt-Man: LOVE IT! The neat extra stilts can be attached to his back and the more of him you buy the taller you can make him. Bonus! He comes with a plastic stand that has a peg for one of his feet to pose him. What's odd is... he doesn't have full legs fitting down into the stilts. It turns into a round peg right after the part you see in the images. Weird!

Overall a really great wave... a few things that I wish could've been tweaked, but very very cool overall.

Alrighty then... let's have a detailed look at Marvel Minimate Wave 36. Enjoy!

Crimson Dynamo

th_crimsonfront.jpgth_crimsonback.jpgth_crimsonunmasked.jpg

Classic Mandarin

th_classicmandarinfront.jpg

Modern Mandarin

th_mandarinfront.jpgth_mandarinback.jpgth_mandarinshirtless.jpg

Silver Centurion Iron Man

th_silverfront.jpgth_silverback.jpg

Neo Classic Iron Man

th_neoclassicfront.jpgth_neoclassicback.jpg

Iron Men unmasked

th_ironmenunmasked.jpg

Facing off against the Mandarin

th_neovsmandarin.jpg

Dreadnought

th_dreadnoughtfront.jpgth_dreadnoughtback.jpg

Stiltman

th_stiltmanfront.jpgth_stiltmanback.jpg

"Myyyyy.... what long legs you have."

th_stiltmangrowing.jpg

Notes:

• Neo Classic Tony's head would make a great base for a Hitler minimate
  • SCIM Tony's head has an oily red ressidue on it that stains the flesh plastic. Everyone in my case was like this (different degrees of staining, but staining non the less)
  • CD has a cool looking hammer / sickle emblem under his armor and by far one of the best looking moustaches I've ever seen on a minimate.
  • Dreadnought comes with Cyborg's sonic Blaster and gold IM's hammer arm. It's head is a sculpted piece and not a slip over mask.

Dreadnought..... moulded head eh? I'm still not sure about whether I like them !

Trust me... it's one of the weakest minimates out there. Not knocking the army building aspect of it, it just looks like DST gave up on it half way through designing it, packaged it and sold it to us. Bummer....

So what's the deal with the green hands?

And why make a repulsor hand that won't face forward?

In the absence of Myripedia ......the rings he wears have,over time, affected his hands making them green . The 'repulsor hand' is perhaps due to 'Health & Safety' or for opening bottles of Captain Morgan.

I gotta say that Stilt Man rocks my face off! I can't stop looking at him, he's ridiculously menacing. I mean, he's menacing in a ridiculous way.

He is far and away one of the best minimates in recent memory for me and might be, god forbid, my favorite ever... And I don't know how I feel about that...

I like the wave overall, but I'm a little disappointed in the lack of detailing on the legs of the Iron Man 'mates and the backs of most of them. I think Neo-Classic would have been better with a new chest piece similar to Silver Centurion.

Looking at Mini_mytes picture of the Modern Mandarin ,it almost looks like it has a slip-over face/head....it's not though is it?

No, it's not. It's a regular MM head. If you noticed in the action pic I took, I switched modern Mandarin's head for classic's (to make hi look more menacing).