UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 36 new pic

battlecat

Unfortunately now that Matt is no longer with DST, they never update their shipping schedule. I have tried contacting them for updated release dates, but have received no response.

No biggie - it'll give me a little more time to save some cash and add to my order :)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This series gets more tempting all the time. What comes out after this again? I forget...

the one with The Lizard I think...

Yeah - that's the one.

Spider-Man & Lizard

Professor X & X-Force Warpath

Thing & Doombot

variant: Thing (trenchcoat)

Thanks, all. I could've sworn there was another release in between those two. Hopefully we'll be seeing some pictures soon. Heck, maybe by the time we do they'll even have the series after this one ready and we'll get two sets of previews?

I wonder what's up with the pricing on these? BBTS has the list price/MSRP at $36 (which would make it $8.99 a pack instead of $7.99) so I had assumed DST were raising it, either as a one-off or going forward with the line. But Homestar's AFX thread had me looking at their site, where these still have a list price of $32; same at CSC.

So is it a BBTS screw-up or did the other two stores just not notice the price went up?

I wonder what's up with the pricing on these? BBTS has the list price/MSRP at $36 (which would make it $8.99 a pack instead of $7.99) so I had assumed DST were raising it, either as a one-off or going forward with the line. But Homestar's AFX thread had me looking at their site, where these still have a list price of $32; same at CSC.

So is it a BBTS screw-up or did the other two stores just not notice the price went up?

I can confirm that DST's prices for retailers on standard Marvel waves have not changed in any way. It is possible that the price hikes are a result of UPS raising their fees for weekly deliveries from Diamond.

• 2 weeks later...

My comic retailer called to inform me that Marvel Minimates series 36 will be available this upcoming Wednesday (June 23, 2010). It was on his shipping manifest. Looks like the CBS get these before TRU. Nice for a change.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Hopefully Canadian Toys R Us' will carry this wave as well. I went to my local one the other day and was shocked that they not only sold all of their Spider-man FaF box sets, but that they were carrying the Iron Man movie mates. All good signs, but give me something I actually want to buy.

This wave and the corresponding TRU wave have got me very very excited. I am glad this wave is coming this week! I just finished watching the 90s Iron Man cartoon with my son and we are now watching Iron Man Armored Adventures and we are both loving it and so these are hitting at the perfect time for me!

why is everyone so sure that this is coming before TRU 7? Is there a pattern to how TRU releases its waves that has yet to be seen? I cant foresee TRU taking too big of a lag or DST refraining from the TRU release at or around(a matter of days) the same time. The profit loss would be to great to TRU. I am a strong LCS supporter as the nearest TRU is over 45 min away(granted there are 4 of them at that distance) but an uneven release on SOME of the same mates=loss to TRU=TRU may lose some interest= bad news for DST. right?

I am new and naive and these are actual questions. thanks for any help.

why is everyone so sure that this is coming before TRU 7? Is there a pattern to how TRU releases its waves that has yet to be seen? I cant foresee TRU taking too big of a lag or DST refraining from the TRU release at or around(a matter of days) the same time. The profit loss would be to great to TRU. I am a strong LCS supporter as the nearest TRU is over 45 min away(granted there are 4 of them at that distance) but an uneven release on SOME of the same mates=loss to TRU=TRU may lose some interest= bad news for DST. right?

I am new and naive and these are actual questions. thanks for any help.

Most of the time the TRU waves hit stores before the actual set in comic shops do that contains many of the same characters. By most of the time, I really mean "every time I can think of". :)

i know im super excited for this wave lots of great stuff going on in it

the one thing that wierds me out though is the gap between this wave and the next its huge,

but i do know this wave will cure my urge for it least a couple days anyway :P

This wave and the corresponding TRU wave have got me very very excited. I am glad this wave is coming this week! I just finished watching the 90s Iron Man cartoon with my son and we are now watching Iron Man Armored Adventures and we are both loving it and so these are hitting at the perfect time for me!

very cool! i'm looking forward to when MY son is old enough to share my dorky funnybook hobbies with me, too (he's currently only 8 months old, so keeping toys AND comics away from him is a very good idea... as he tends to stick anything he grabs in his mouth and slobbers all over it :D ).

side note: my last girlfriend had THAT same tendency, actually (re: sticking things in mouth and slobberin' on it). golly, i miss that gal! :P

So which Mandarin is the variant?

BBTS where I preordered 'em says Modern is the variant... yet the pics we've seen in package say that Classic is.

Which is it?

Diamond has Classic listed as the variant in all of their solicitations.

So which Mandarin is the variant?

BBTS where I preordered 'em says Modern is the variant... yet the pics we've seen in package say that Classic is.

Which is it?

Diamond has Classic listed as the variant in all of their solicitations.

No, see, the Classic box is the variant packaging, but the Modern figure is the variant figure. It makes it twice as fun to collect!

Edited by Lobsterman