UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate comic by minijeff productions

minijeff

First of all that cover is brilliant . One constructive criticism I have is that the titling 'The Shattering' isn't dominant enough on the artwork & could possibly 'get lost' in the repro stage.....perhaps a more analagous colour with the background.

Also have you tried 'shattering' the word 'Dark Reign' .....continuing the shatter-effect through the title ?

BTW .....WTF would I know :lol:

It's beautiful.

ooo I like the idea of shattering the Dark Reign title space....hmmmm some thing to work with and see what I come up with....maybe shattering it with the "The Shattering" to give it more impact

Thanks BHM!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok I have more then just a cover for this project now...I proudly can present the first 6 pages of this monster project!! As always I welcome any and all thoughts.

click the thumbnails for larger versions

page 1

th_Page_1-1.jpg

page 2

th_Page_1.jpg

Page 3

th_Page_2.jpg

Page 4

th_Page_3.jpg

Page 5

th_Page_4.jpg

Page 6

th_Page_5.jpg

Jeff of the Miniacs

Thanks Rob!

I had issues with the word balloons on the last page when putting it together, and now that I sit back from it I am going to go back and change Fury's font completely, it seems a bit tough to read...so expect new versions of the pages tomorrow again lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

I really like the effect you used when Fury reveals himself. That and the eyepatches on both. :)

thanks I am very happy with the reveal, and yea the fact that both have eye patches was a great little nod...when that Tigh proto showed up in the mail I knew I had to use him for a disguise for Fury!

oh wow. Awesome work buddy.

Can't wait to see the rest of this little adventure.

thanks man! I am working away on the rest a scene at a time to save myself from feeling overwhelmed by home big it is....right now I am waiting on a few packages so I can shoot pics for a BIG fight scene later in the book, as wel as the chronological next scene lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

OK here is the fixed font versions, hopefully these are a bit more readable and will work better when printed

click to enlarge

page 01

th_Page01-1.jpg

Page 02

th_Page02.jpg

Page 03

th_Page03.jpg

Page 04

th_Page04.jpg

Page 05

th_Page05.jpg

Page 06

th_Page06-1.jpg

Jeff of the Miniacs

Edited by minijeff

I finally got caught up on these pages, and I love it so far! :)

Thanks man!

and just a brief update to those that are interested to know.

I got my marks back for my art class tonight....this project was my major project and I got a 26 out of 30 for it and tied for highest mark on the project

to top it off my overall mark in the class ended up as the class highest with a 90%

a rather nice touch to my day today for sure!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 months later...

wow how time can get away on a person, I really didnt think its been this long since I updated this....I have been gathering/hoarding props, sets, backgrounds and parts....getting ready for some photoshop smackdown....now I am just waiting on my tabletop photostudio and I am gonna be rockin this comic hardcore.....I shot a prelude short story not long ago and will get that up here soon, stay tuned!

Jeff of the Miniacs