UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

As promised, here are some pics of the lovely Kay Lawrence minimate from the Creature From the Black Lagoon 4-pack. Now available at a comic book shop near you. Enjoy!

Kay Lawrence

th_kay1.jpgth_kay2.jpgth_kay3.jpg

And as an added bonus, I tried my hand at a comicstrip. Be kind, it's my first one. Enjoy!

th_comic1.jpgth_comic2.jpgth_comic3.jpgth_comic4.jpg

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across these recently and couldn't decide which ones to get, but I decided to go with the black and white exclusives because both of the main monsters came in one pack... of course I had to make my whole pictures black and white to make the background look right:

post-2001-1287893564_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1287893582_thumb.jpg

By the way, do we know if upcoming waves will have Black and white versions?

Got myself all the sets from TRU. Really like them. I had some problems with stuck joints on a good portion of them, it was either both legs or both arms. Some boiling water helped me pop them off, let them cooled and then back on they went.

Anyways here goes my wolfman.

wolftran.jpg

As promised, here are some pics of the lovely Kay Lawrence minimate from the Creature From the Black Lagoon 4-pack. Now available at a comic book shop near you. Enjoy!

Kay Lawrence

th_kay1.jpgth_kay2.jpgth_kay3.jpg

And as an added bonus, I tried my hand at a comicstrip. Be kind, it's my first one. Enjoy!

th_comic1.jpgth_comic2.jpgth_comic3.jpgth_comic4.jpg

not sure how I am just now seeing this, but this is FUNNY good job

moc847

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the DST figure set of the Creature and Kay yesterday. It includes a little fold-out poster showing Universal Monster stuff that's currently out along with a mock-up diorama of some of the minimates, just like the Marvel ones have where they're all engaged in a big battle.

Temptation gets salted as it has Frank, Mummy, Drac and the Bride on it.

I picked up the DST figure set of the Creature and Kay yesterday. It includes a little fold-out poster showing Universal Monster stuff that's currently out along with a mock-up diorama of some of the minimates, just like the Marvel ones have where they're all engaged in a big battle.

any chance of a scan or pic of this...I am not sure when I'll get around to picking up my sets

Jeff of the Miniacs

any chance of a scan or pic of this...I am not sure when I'll get around to picking up my sets

Jeff of the Miniacs

I already would've if I could, but the scanner was jumped on top of by a cat. It is broken.

Jeff of the Miniacs

I already would've if I could, but the scanner was jumped on top of by a cat. It is broken.

alright no worries man

anyone else with this poster able/willing to post shots of it please?

Jeff of the Miniacs

Out of curiosity, how are these selling at your area TRUs? They're languishing on the pegs at all three stores in my area, which worries me. Marvel, GB, and Max have all been selling through at a good clip, but there hasn't seemed to be a ton of interest in these.

Virtually no interest in the 4 TRUs that I frequent (besides the b/w exclusive). I've been wondering if there is truly no interest, or if the fan base is just well informed and are holding out for the box sets. As much as it worries me about future releases, I'd be a hypocrite to criticize collectors as I'm doing the same. I may pick up one or two for parts, but the box sets simply have more to offer and seem a more viable format for these. The b/w variants would have been better reserved for a special "collected box set" or as a Diamond/Previews exclusive IMHO.

Same here, Ninja.

I blame the 'civilians' in this wave, all of the Monster-only packs (B&W set, GITD Creature /Transformation Wolfman) are long gone from my store.

If DST had just released the Monsters to TRU, I think these would all be gone.

They should have saved the civilians and made them exclusive to the boxsets.