UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

Thanks Joe!

I'd been trying to figure out how to part out a Thief of Theives set for customs, and hadn't thought of the robe for Invisible Man.

I already considered the bullhorn for a SWAT-armored Governor for WD. And the guy with the star on his chest looks good for a possible coat for my COTEOF Captain Kirk combined with the SDCC Hershell shirt.

So, yep, consider me sold on a set :)

And those customs are just fantastic. I've seen your work in the customs section, but I don't think I've seen your Mummy. I think I like it better than the production one! I hope you consider making more customs.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Joe!

I'd been trying to figure out how to part out a Thief of Theives set for customs, and hadn't thought of the robe for Invisible Man.

I already considered the bullhorn for a SWAT-armored Governor for WD. And the guy with the star on his chest looks good for a possible coat for my COTEOF Captain Kirk combined with the SDCC Hershell shirt.

So, yep, consider me sold on a set smile.png

And those customs are just fantastic. I've seen your work in the customs section, but I don't think I've seen your Mummy. I think I like it better than the production one! I hope you consider making more customs.

"Thief of Theives" ohmy.png

Thanks Joe!

So, yep, consider me sold on a set smile.png

"Thief of Theives" ohmy.png

Thieves. Sorry, Sir-never-makes-a-typo thumbsup.gif

Some very cool customs in here. Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but at my TRU the remaining wave 1 packs are $2 a piece. The only ones still at my TRU are the Wolfman/civilian guy and Creature/scuba guy.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere but did something happen to the mummy boxset i can't find one anywhere?

A factory error caused the cancellation of this set.

• 5 weeks later...

I had the time to complete this little number I'd been thinking about. And when that "Thief of Thieves" boxed set comes out, you can bet your ass I'll be trying for the robed look as well. thumbsup.gif

Kubrick Invisible Man head, drilled out just enough at the base to allow for a 'mate torso peg. Also used a Dremel on the bottom of the head to reduce some of the height on the head since Minimates and Kubricks are different scales. I think it works fantastically and it saves me the fret of a) never having this guy to complete my collection or B) trying my best to sculpt it somehow and still feeling like I've come up short.

-Lab coat - "Lab Coat Egon"

-pair of black hands/feet

-Torso and legs/crotch from "Winter Coat Dale"

Also pictured, the suited look... just a Larry Talbot body with black hands.

2011-08-09122108_zps6e4e8a0c.jpg

2011-08-09122646_zps77335861.jpg

Thank you all very much for the kind words!

I've swapped out the torso I used with the lab coat version for the "Riot Gear Rick Grimes" shirt that's underneath his Riot Gear armor. I like the buttoned shirt look with the black undershirt that could double as a scarf or something to help him not reveal his invisible skin at his neckline. I think it looks keen. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...