UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if the DCD sales team has been notified yet, Luke, but it looks like the Mummy set may not be coming out due to the extensive delays. Hopefully, you will get official notification soon.

Sorry, I just found out. I'm working from a Starbucks because my power is out, and the trains are broken.

Apologies to all you Helen Grosvenor fans.

I don't think we're going to save it for next year, no. I've only been told it's not coming out this year, but I don't think that means there will be a 2013 release.

And while I don;t know what our 2014 plans are, I don't think this will have any bearing on next year's releases, as long as the Toys R Us sets continue to sell well. And, unfortunately, it looks like there is about to be a run on TRU sets. Sorry everyone has to go to TRU now.

Thanks for letting us know. I really hope that it won't have any bearing on next year's possible releases... which worries me to no end that it will. *sigh* I'll still keep supporting you guys, though. No worries about that. :)

And I agree with MrClean... a Helen/Ardeth Bey con exclusive would be super keen. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mystery Man

I don't think we're going to save it for next year, no. I've only been told it's not coming out this year, but I don't think that means there will be a 2013 release.

And while I don;t know what our 2014 plans are, I don't think this will have any bearing on next year's releases, as long as the Toys R Us sets continue to sell well. And, unfortunately, it looks like there is about to be a run on TRU sets. Sorry everyone has to go to TRU now.

Will DST continue to offer UM 4-packs at specialty stores in the future or is the plan to shift solely to 2-packs at TRU?

Will DST continue to offer UM 4-packs at specialty stores in the future or is the plan to shift solely to 2-packs at TRU?

Strictly from the greedy collector standpoint, I wouldn't mind if the line shifted to TRU exclusive 2-packs. These traditionally have been easier to find, and going with two-packs would make it easier to pick & pack characters. Filling an Invisible Man box set with characters people are interested in would be a challenge. Making an Invisible Man 2-pack, or even packing the Invisible Man with a different monster - easy.

Plus going to 2-packs you could do a Son of Frankenstein set with Ygor and furry-vested Frankenstein (want).

Dude, I honestly have no idea what will happen with the line in 2013. As far as I know, this set was not cancelled due to low orders or due to some shift in focus. It was delayed at the factory too long, and it missed its window. That's all. Let's not read anything into it. Hopefully this doesn't affect retailer confidence should we offer more four-packs next year.

Thanks for the tidbit of info Zach. Just wanted a little more clarity on the Mummy 4-pack situation.

Hope all of those of you who waited for the 4-pack are able to get your hands on the 2-packs easily enough.

There are certain Minimate 2-packs that have 'classic' written all over them from Day One . 'Classic' in Bhmese generally means that it may become 'desired/rare'...... I now spy one .......... 'classic' status is thrust upon it. The characters were initially going to be desirable without necessarily being rare ......things have changed.

Now that the Mummy box set is delayed (at best ?) ,unlikely (at worst ?) ....... my advice is get one while you can .

:yes:

Edited by buttheadsmate