UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine has AT LEAST a full case sitting on the pegs. Most likely more.

Halo is gone. MAX is gone.

I will be checking again Friday, if not sooner. If anyone needs a pack or two, let me know and I will see what I can do.

I ask this in all honesty, do members here buy these because they are fans of the "movies" or because they are fans of the "monsters"?

I personally like the movies, some are better than others. I think The Invisible Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and The Wolf Man are far better than Dracula & Frankenstein... even though those movies are more popular. However, I really don't care to have all the characters from the movies, I am mostly concerned with the monsters and maybe a main person. For instance, it would be fine to have The Phantom of the Opera with Christine, but we don't need the rest of the cast. I would have broken down past releases like this:

The Wolfman/Gwen Conliffe

Creature/Kay Lawrence (she is more iconic from the film than Dr. Reed)

Dracula/Renfield

Frankenstein's monster/Angry villager (since he actually was chased by the mob)

The Bride/Dr. Frankenstein

This would have still spread out the monsters, but given the Universal Monster fans the main human characters they likely wanted.

I'm a fan of the characters, not the movies. Eventually I'll get around to watching them. Sadly, even the movies themselves didn't sell too well on DVD. Here's a bit more on that, including mention of Universal Monsters on Blu Ray!!

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#122111

I've seen bits and pieces of the movies on TV as a kid, but I really just like the monster designs. If everyone buying these were ONLY fans of the movies themselves, sales would be even lower I think. But how cool is it to buy Dracula, Frankenstein, etc as minimates!?! It just blows my mind to see these still on the pegs at TRU, esp. at clearance! I expected these to stay sold out. Monsters always sell well. Still, I hope these did well enough for at least one more wave! Guess we'll find out in February at Toy Fair 2012!

This is my favorite line, other than Marvel stuff. I'm really hoping for more stuff in February... at least the Mummy and Invisible Man, if not the Phantom too.

We'll definitely have more UM MMs to show off in February! You've already seen our tentative Wave 3 of Select figures, and we're working on Minimate designs now.

This is my favorite line, other than Marvel stuff. I'm really hoping for more stuff in February... at least the Mummy and Invisible Man, if not the Phantom too.

We'll definitely have more UM MMs to show off in February! You've already seen our tentative Wave 3 of Select figures, and we're working on Minimate designs now.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Multiple purchases verified sight unseen!!! Bring on ToyFair 2012!! Come On February!!

A very pleasant surprise, I figured the monster minimates would be done due to low sales. If we get the mummy and invisible man I'll be a happy collector.

I have not heard anything about sales preventing production on a new wave, but I suppose we will see what the retailer reaction is at Toy Fair. I believe we talk to Toys "R" Us this month.

A very pleasant surprise, I figured the monster minimates would be done due to low sales. If we get the mummy and invisible man I'll be a happy collector.

I have not heard anything about sales preventing production on a new wave, but I suppose we will see what the retailer reaction is at Toy Fair. I believe we talk to Toys "R" Us this month.

As long as we still get that sweet Mummy Sarcophagus we saw last year! I'd gladly sacrifice a figure in place of that sarcophagus!!

Zach, any chance of revisiting the Bride in a Black & White version? Maybe you guys can use that as a filler if you have any open spots, it would be nice to have all the classic Monsters in B&W format.

Best news of the day!

Revisiting the B&W Bride would be a fantastic idea, especially since many collectors only prefer the B&W versions.

Zach,what would i have to do in order to get a Phantom Of The Opera Boxset :) ?

Buy Universal Monsters Minimates that aren't the Phantom, so the line continues? Show them off to all your UM-loving friends? Given the time and the support, I expect the line to continue apace.

• 4 weeks later...

I was removing my angry villager's head for a Minibar Shot, when I noticed half of his moustache was gone. To my horror I discovered that his facial tampo rubbed off quite easily. Luckily I had a spare AV head to use as a replacement, but my question to you is; has this happened to anyone else? Now I'm not suggesting you go try rubbing the face off of your good angry villager, I just want to know if this was an isolated incident or a sh!tty production run and if this happened to anyone else (angry villager or any other mate for that matter). And can anybody suggest something to help protect against a future occurence? Thanks.

Edited by MINI_MYTE