UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT:

Now the numbers have gone from 275 to 273 and up to 276 on regular Dracula/Van Helsing sets on TRU.com.

Curiously absent is the Frankenstein/Dr. Frankenstein set.

EDIT: All night long these've stayed about the same, in the 270-area. I'm wondering if everybody else is waiting for regular Frank to show up too before buying.

Edited by Mystery Man

So I didn’t like how bulky the Bride ended up being, I mean, she’s accurate and all so I’ll keep the box set one unaltered with the universal monsters, but still she was a little bulky and could have been handled better since she’s blank under her gown, so since I have an extra since I needed the villager I did this:

post-1897-0-32204800-1316154610_thumb.pn

drew the chest folds onto her undertorso and gave her Sand Sarif’s dress (actually it’s the black lava ghost from the Amazon Ghostbuster’s Videogame set dress painted white, but saying “Sand Sarif’s” is easier) so she’s much smaller now, unlike her husband who’s altered Hulk parts to be one of those modern revisionist giant Frankensteins you ear so much about... now they can hang out with the Ghostbusters and Darkstalkers or something as a generic Frankenstein set.

Picked up the Villager set tonight. Can't wait for the box sets to drop.

Can someone post a link to the Invisible Man 'mate? And did DST ever say what their plans were for him?

They never really announced him as part of a line or anything, but showed him when they showed off Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy, Wolfman, and Creature sets.

post-653-0-87608400-1316906066_thumb.jpg

Love the Black Ops Monsters. Thinking about picking up some extras to make my own.

Got the B&W Drac & Frankenstein tonight. Wasn't going to do the B&W mates, but they looked so sad on the shelf I had to get them. Now I need to find the B&W Creature and Wolfman. Man, I'm such a sucker for Minimates. :)

Love the Black Ops Monsters. Thinking about picking up some extras to make my own.

I love the Black Ops monsters also, but my extras have been used to make fancy dressed monsters (suits, ties, tuxes, ect). I'm thinking of them as like a 50's monster Rat Pack. Once I get an extra Frank and Drac head I'll post pics.

I'm really enjoying having these, especially this early before Halloween. I hope the 4-packs make it on time before Oct. 31st too!

Having these is great, but it makes me really wish we had the Mummy right now. Also, I think it'd be neat if DST did some kind of spooky monster/ghost series. Just generic, classic looking characters in the same vein as the MAX and Pirates stuff. A skeleton, a ghost in a sheet, a lady ghost in an old gown, a ghoul, a gravedigger, etc. I think that'd really be fantastic!

I'm really enjoying having these, especially this early before Halloween. I hope the 4-packs make it on time before Oct. 31st too!

Having these is great, but it makes me really wish we had the Mummy right now. Also, I think it'd be neat if DST did some kind of spooky monster/ghost series. Just generic, classic looking characters in the same vein as the MAX and Pirates stuff. A skeleton, a ghost in a sheet, a lady ghost in an old gown, a ghoul, a gravedigger, etc. I think that'd really be fantastic!

Between the movie Ghostbusters line, the Pirate Raiders line (skeleton on the way!) and the upcoming zombie line, I think we've got most of that wish list covered already.