UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

So does that mean we'll be getting other Universal Monsters? The Kubrick sets are my grading scale, so I'm hoping dearly that we get the Mutant from Metaluna, one of the Mole People, the Invisible Man, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Phantom of the Opera along with some duplicate versions, like the Monster in his furry vest from "Son of Frankenstein" along with Fritz, Ygor, and even the Gillman from "The Creature Walks Among Us".

In the past ( I think Toy Fair?) they showed an Invisible Man Minimate, so he's definitly in the works. I would image if sales are good, then all the Universal Monsters would be a possibility. I'd love a Son of Frankenstein set myself.

Oh yeah, that's right! I remember now, because I loved how you could see under his bandages on top of his head. I wonder who else we'll get. Besides who I've listed and who's being/been made, I'd love to have a Werewolf of London (Henry Hull) in his cool smoking jacket. ha!

I actually asked Chuck about this during his generous Q&A Visit, to which he replied that Invisible Man would either come in a much later set or end up as a Promo Item.

Somewhat saddening, i REALLY want that one. I want the Mummy Sets the most, but IM is a close second.

Shit. If a main character like the Invisible Man turns into a promo item, what hope is there for suckers like the Metaluna Mutant? Phooey.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for the delay. had camera issues

2.jpg

Does the scuba mask fit on over the hairpiece on Dr. Reed or does it come attached to it? Already planning on making myself a Mark Williams minimate.

the mask is part of a separate hairpiece. the reg hairpiece is actually in the photo of the broken b&w creature, meant to put it in the shot w/ the figure. i like the way they did the face inside the mask, it looks distorted a little like it would look under water. it really looks good in person.

Thanks for the pics tones. Much appreciated.

NOTE: One thing I just noticed after having watched the original Wolfman movie and looking at these mates and it's pretty funny.

Did you ever notice when Larry Talbot first changes into the Wolfman, in the movie, he removes his shoes, socks and dress shirt at the beginning of his metamorphisis. He is now wearing a tank top and light colored pants. This is represented nicely with the transformation Larry minimate. But in the following scene, when the Wolman is prowling the moors, he's sporting a new shirt (buttoned all the way to the top) and pair of darker pants. I'd love to see a deleted scene of the WM rummaging through his closet for a new outfit.

The same thing happens in the Wolfman meets Frankenstein movie. After Larry has been admitted to the hospital at the beginning of the movie, he is wearing pajamas when we see him transform. The next scene, he is prowling the streets of which ever village he's in wearing his traditional WM clothes. He kills a bobby at the end of that scene and the following scene starts with Larry waking up in his hospital bed in his pajamas again. Just a funny little thing I noticed and wanted to share.

Anybody want to take a stab as to why Universal did the inconsistant wardrobe changes like that. C'mon... who wouldn't love to see the WM killing folks in his pajamas? I sure would.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

So i might end up being the only one, but would anyone else want to see the side characters (i.e. non-monsters) made into B&W Versions?? I keep looking at the pic of Dr. Reed and can't help but want him in Grayscale Colors; i think some of them would look really great!!

EDIT: Also, is it just me or does that plastic on Dr. Reed look REALLY crappy??

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Any chance we could see a pic of the creature from behind. It looks as if he has fins jutting from behind his feet. I'm guessing DST is trying to replicate the upside down "Y" dorsal fin that ran down his back, split at his ass and ran down his legs?

BTW: I agree with TTF. I'd love to see all the UM minimates made in the grayscale as well.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Thanks for the pics tones. Much appreciated.

NOTE: One thing I just noticed after having watched the original Wolfman movie and looking at these mates and it's pretty funny.

Did you ever notice when Larry Talbot first changes into the Wolfman, in the movie, he removes his shoes, socks and dress shirt at the beginning of his metamorphisis. He is now wearing a tank top and light colored pants. This is represented nicely with the transformation Larry minimate. But in the following scene, when the Wolman is prowling the moors, he's sporting a new shirt (buttoned all the way to the top) and pair of darker pants. I'd love to see a deleted scene of the WM rummaging through his closet for a new outfit.

YES! I always got a kick out of that, even as a kid. A deleted scene like that would be hilarious... But c'mon, he had to look good out there prowling in the mists!

YES! I always got a kick out of that, even as a kid. A deleted scene like that would be hilarious... But c'mon, he had to look good out there prowling in the mists!

I would love to get my hands on the Universal Monsters sets but my TRU is always behind on getting minimates. MisterMiracle where are you? I am in Central IL. I wish they would have had them, I always miss the also. I am still looking for the new Fantastic Four releases as well and Lady Liberty from Ghostbusters.

Hi. Does anyone know if this Universal minimate wave will show up in the TRU stores in Canada? I have read previously that the Canadian stores would start stocking minimates and I have seen the Spiderman Friends and Foes box set in the stores. Would be nice as it would save me from chasing after these on ebay. Thanks for any info.

Something of note for anyone wanting to make a "Teen Wolf" custom: The Wolfman's head is actually a slip on mask not a weird sculpted hair-head-combo like the males of Silence of Lambs/Doc Brown/Dreadnaut, the actual head piece is blank under nether no alternate Larry Talbots, but a little exact knifing and a spare Marty should make for a VERY easy Teen Wolf custom

i found the entire wave at my TRU tonight!!!! :D All of them came out fine, and i was very careful about the B&Ws; took them apart istead of playing with them, to seperate all the dry paint. And there definitely was dry paint.

Almost missed the B&W too; i went up to the counter to the counter to ask if they could scan the pack and see if there were more in the back, and the girl replied no, but there were 11 on the floor (i assumed the only one gone was one B&W set). This intrigued me, because with the 3 i picked up, i only fond 7 on the floor. Someone stashed the rest in the compartment above the shelves WAYYYYYYYYY in the back, and after a few minutes of reaching, i found the other B&W set. :)