UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

I've never seen any of the movies

WHAT? Yo! You need to get to Netflix now. These are some of the best films ever made. True Hollywood classics from the golden age of film making. Don't get the colorized crap either. You want to see these in all their moody black and white glory. Halloween is coming. AMC or TMC always runs marathons of these classics throughout October. Make it your business to watch at least one or two.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're out, guys! Just saw them at TRU. Didn't get any, though, because the FF wave is ALSO out, and I can only buy so much! I didn't look closely, but they looked to follow the GB case packouts, with some sets being four per case, and some two (that is how they did those, isn't it?). Anyway, the exclusive sets, the B&W one and the glow in the dark CftBL both looked to be short-packed, though there were two of each.

They look fantasmagical. I love the cane, perfect recreation in adorable form. I want these B/W monsters now more than ever before and seriously look forward to seeing the Mummy's figures. The prototypes for them and the Invisible Man were my favorites out of the bunch.

picked them up today, they look great. that was the casepack i saw too, 4-4-2-2 which for these i think makes sense. i'll try 2 post pix tomorrow.

cheers

Does the Dr. Reed minimate come with a spear gun accessory?

Uhh... Anybody?

For the millionth time I'll agree that it sucks with how long it'll take to get a full color or b&w set of these.

Thanks for these pics as well, Rheul! They look fantastic. The pose you have for the Gillman really looks great, whereas I wanted to love it when they were announced but still couldn't completely convince myself based on his non-fully sculpted head. This cinches it for me... I hope to find 'em!

picked them up today, they look great. that was the casepack i saw too, 4-4-2-2 which for these i think makes sense. i'll try 2 post pix tomorrow.

cheers

Uhh... Anybody?

Yes he does come with a speargun accessory. It's pretty neat.

cheers

Uhh... Anybody?

Yes he does come with a speargun accessory. It's pretty neat.

Thanks for the info. After DST showed us the packaging pics, I was concerned cause the spear gun was not visible (most accessories are somewhat). Glad to hear that DST didn't cheap out on the accessories for the UMs like they did with the SDCC GBs WRTBY set.

Can somebody post pics of all the other MMs from the series?

cheers

Uhh... Anybody?

sorry, i havent been near my computer since i posted. pics to follow.

sorry for the delay. had camera issues

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

and unfortunately...

5.jpg

be careful with the b&w mates, they seem a little brittle, felt like dried paint cracking when it broke.

i think they did an amazing job on these. can't wait for next years offerings.

enjoy!

Edited by tones

sorry for the delay. had camera issues

2.jpg

Does the scuba mask fit on over the hairpiece on Dr. Reed or does it come attached to it? Already planning on making myself a Mark Williams minimate.

Y'know, as a huge Universal Monsters and minimates fan I think I finally figured out what bugs me regarding the yearly release (besides having to wait so long). If we're getting two new monster franchises a year, then there's one year where we'll be only getting one. This is only based upon what pictures we've seen so far, but with Dracula, Mummy and Frankenstein's Monster (with the Bride of... included under that banner).

So does that mean we'll be getting other Universal Monsters? The Kubrick sets are my grading scale, so I'm hoping dearly that we get the Mutant from Metaluna, one of the Mole People, the Invisible Man, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Phantom of the Opera along with some duplicate versions, like the Monster in his furry vest from "Son of Frankenstein" along with Fritz, Ygor, and even the Gillman from "The Creature Walks Among Us".

But with such a delay in the output I worry that once the initial sets we've seen come out that'll be it, as the iron wasn't fully struck while it was hot. Make sense?

This is all conjecture and I know I'm a worry-wart, but these are one of the top franchises on my minimates wishlist and

I'll really be disappointed if they aren't given the attention they deserve to flourish. Does anybody else feel this way?

Edited by Mystery Man

Any variations (customs,quick-customs) of the 'Swim guy' should come under the nomenclature 'Swim Goggles guy' purely because they are swim goggles rather than 'scuba' or 'snorkelling' masks.

If you want to know the difference...... Google 'goggle' or if you're bored Goggle 'google' :D

-bubbleheadsmate (trained PADI scuba diver :yes: )

Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women..... Quint (Jaws)

Edited by buttheadsmate

So does that mean we'll be getting other Universal Monsters? The Kubrick sets are my grading scale, so I'm hoping dearly that we get the Mutant from Metaluna, one of the Mole People, the Invisible Man, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Phantom of the Opera along with some duplicate versions, like the Monster in his furry vest from "Son of Frankenstein" along with Fritz, Ygor, and even the Gillman from "The Creature Walks Among Us".

In the past ( I think Toy Fair?) they showed an Invisible Man Minimate, so he's definitly in the works. I would image if sales are good, then all the Universal Monsters would be a possibility. I'd love a Son of Frankenstein set myself.

In the past ( I think Toy Fair?) they showed an Invisible Man Minimate, so he's definitly in the works. I would image if sales are good, then all the Universal Monsters would be a possibility. I'd love a Son of Frankenstein set myself.

Oh yeah, that's right! I remember now, because I loved how you could see under his bandages on top of his head. I wonder who else we'll get. Besides who I've listed and who's being/been made, I'd love to have a Werewolf of London (Henry Hull) in his cool smoking jacket. ha!

Oh yeah, that's right! I remember now, because I loved how you could see under his bandages on top of his head. I wonder who else we'll get. Besides who I've listed and who's being/been made, I'd love to have a Werewolf of London (Henry Hull) in his cool smoking jacket. ha!

I actually asked Chuck about this during his generous Q&A Visit, to which he replied that Invisible Man would either come in a much later set or end up as a Promo Item.

Somewhat saddening, i REALLY want that one. I want the Mummy Sets the most, but IM is a close second.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face