UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

I thought these weren't coming out? or is that just the Mummy set? Are these exactly the same as TRU?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Monsters-Minimates-Boxset-Hunchback-of-Notre-Dame-/330830605274?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4d070a6bda

Only the Mummy set isn't coming out. This set has been out for weeks. Only basic Quasi and Phoebus are also at TRU, the other two are exclusive.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I thought these weren't coming out? or is that just the Mummy set? Are these exactly the same as TRU?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Monsters-Minimates-Boxset-Hunchback-of-Notre-Dame-/330830605274?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4d070a6bda

Only the Mummy set isn't coming out. This set has been out for weeks. Only basic Quasi and Phoebus are also at TRU, the other two are exclusive.

Has the mummy set been officially cancelled? I only ask as DCBS has yet to refund me my purchase of them.

It wasn't a popularity issue that doomed the Mummy box set. Apparently there was some sort of factory issue that caused its demise. I think Zach mentioned this a little while back.

Yes, the Mummy four-pack was cancelled, due to a production snafu. It would not have come out in time, and I do not believe we have any plans to issue it in the future. But three of the figures are at TRU, plus the bonus Frank Whemple. RIP Helen Grosvenor.

Quasi four-pack came out, though.

Edited by Zach Oat

For those of you with the parts, the brown physician bag that comes with the Man in Black from the "A Few Dollars More" set, along with a Marvel series 16 Mjolnir and stakes from the Buffy Palz sets (thanks to my girlfriend Chelsea :wub:) really can spruce your Van Helsing up.

:)

Edited by Mystery Man

With the sad news about "less than 50% chance" of more Universal Monsters in the most recent Q & A, I'm wondering:

Would anybody else want to get together an "Ask DST" letter writing campaign, asking that we get one, final 4-pack of monsters with a Chaney, Sr. Phantom of the Opera, Metaluna Mutant, Mole Man and Invisible Man? Anybody at all? I don't know if it could be a con exclusive or TRU or even Luke's Toy Store (if he could do it)... just something to help those of us who love this line get a proper send off? Anybody?

I finally got this guy on Ebay, and I'm glad I bit the bullet. I'd settle for Phantom and Invisible Man two-pack, although it would be cool to have a Phantom Pipe Organ two-pack as well, and then there's the black and white variants to think of...

post-3040-0-95800300-1356505697_thumb.jp

With the sad news about "less than 50% chance" of more Universal Monsters in the most recent Q & A, I'm wondering:

Would anybody else want to get together an "Ask DST" letter writing campaign, asking that we get one, final 4-pack of monsters with a Chaney, Sr. Phantom of the Opera, Metaluna Mutant, Mole Man and Invisible Man? Anybody at all? I don't know if it could be a con exclusive or TRU or even Luke's Toy Store (if he could do it)... just something to help those of us who love this line get a proper send off? Anybody?

count me in, most of this line up was what I was really looking forward to in the monsters line (I was harboring serious plans to army build the Metaluna Mutant in a big way). Although I would push for a substitute of the Pipe Organ or Ygor in favor of the Mole Men, they were cool with the freaky hands and pulling you into the ground and all but I don't see that pick as having even the smallest fraction of recognition or impact that Ygor or an instrument for the Phantom might have (it is a damn, dirty shame The Fly wasn't a Universal item, a wave for that movie and Hello Vincent Price mini:)) although a boxset for this forgoten gem would also bring me a much wanted VP mate

Edited by BannersID

Stupid me.. I have seen the mummy two pack a few different times at various TRUs and thought, "I'll pick that up next time I'm here.." and now all 4 local stores are sold out. Stupid, stupid me. :(

A friend gave me the Munster Koach for Christmas and I thought it would be fun to put Herman, Drac, Wolfy and Imhotep all in the koach together for a monster display.. ..I hate paying shipping but it looks like a must now.

Damn you Imhotep!!

Yeah, I definitely dragged my feet on picking up the Mummy sets too, until I found out about the 4-pack cancellation/hard-to-findness that's going on now. Then, randomly, my local TRU restocked the Imhotep and Princess Ankh-es-en-amon packs this week (they must have been lost in the stockroom or something)so I snapped them up. So glad I did too, they are great! So, if anyone has a TRU by them that is horrible about restocking it's shelves, and puts out months old figures randomly throughout the year like mine does, you may still have a chance to get them without using ebay...

Also, I just want to add, I would DEFINITELY be down for a Metaluna Mutant minimate, I will send whatever letter I have to for it lol.

If anybody would like to write DST, just go here: http://www.artasylum.com/ and click the "Ask Your Question" link at the top left. Also, go write on DST's wall on Facebook!

Feel free to put what Universal Monsters characters YOU'D like to see. Please be polite and sound like an interested, professional fan. I certainly don't think that a deluge of "please make more!" letters would be a bad thing and hope that enough people over here will show an interest that maybe, just maybe, something might get released.

I'm pushing for one last 4-pack of characters, as I'm holding out hope that we may somehow end up getting them. My letter will make mention of: The Metaluna Mutant, The Invisible Man, The Phantom of the Opera (Chaney, Sr. version) and leave the 4th spot open with a suggestion of either a pipe organ for the Phantom, one of the Mole People, or the Boris Karloff version of Mr. Hyde from "Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde".

This board has such a huge wealth of knowledge and appreciative fans. I think if we can all get together and just let DST know that there are people out there interested, it could make a difference. And even if we don't get all 4 characters, I think ANY more releases would be a blessing.

After all, they did preview an Invisible Man minimate... even if we only got him somehow, wouldn't that still be worth writing for? I sure think so.

Lookit this guy! http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery2/album/TF2010-Diamond-Select-Toys/1266570686-8.jpg

Feel free to post here that you've written if you're interested.

Thanks, all!

-Matt

Edited by Mystery Man

Done, here was my request:

------------------------------

Chuck,

Recently you stated in a Q&A that the chances for a 4th series of Universal Monsters Minimates was less than 50%. I am writing to request that you please close out the Universal Monsters Minimates line with one last boxset, featuring the following characters in glorious Black & White:

- The Phantom of the Opera (1925)

- The Invisible Man (1933)

- Mr. Hyde (1953 Karloff version)

- Bride of Frankenstein (same as the TRU version that was never released in B&W, the tooling already exists, to help lower the costs)

DST has done an amazing job capturing these characters in Minimate form, so please do the line the justice it deserves by releasing one final boxset with the missing major players from Universal's property.

Thank you for listening.

-Justin

------------------------------

I have always preferred the B&W Universal Monster 'mates to the color versions, so this is how I would like to see the series end. We would sacrifice a spot for a potential new character with a B&W version of The Bride, but hopefully keeping the tooling costs low because of that could help this become a reality.

Edited by youbastards

That's a very nice letter! Thank you for writing! :)

Here's mine:

Dear Chuck,

I come to you now, humbly requesting. You see, the Universal Monsters line of Minimates really needs just a few more characters for it to be complete and stand on it's own as a perfect line of figures. And in the last Q&A, it was said that there's a less than 50% chance that there will be any more releases. As a lifelong fan of Minimates and the characters, when I read this I was really saddened. So I was hoping that just maybe one more set might not be out of the question. I humbly request that the line be closed out in potentially one of the following manners:

Perhaps a 4-pack consisting of:

- The Invisible Man

- The Phantom of the Opera

- The Metaluna Mutant

- and either one of the Mole People, or the Boris Karloff version of Mr. Hyde from "Abbott and Costello Meet..." or perhaps a pipe organ for the Phantom?

Or perhaps just a 2-pack with the Phantom and the Invisible Man?

I know that back at Toy Fair in 2010 you all showed an Invisible Man prototype and he looks fantastic! Would it be possible to release this guy as a convention or web exclusive? Something with an online retailer maybe? Just look at how cool he is:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery2/album/TF2010-Diamond-Select-Toys/1266570686-8.jpg

I really think any more of these monsters would be really be a fitting way to end the line in style and give both Minimate and Monster fans a wonderful send-off that'd leave everybody feeling like the line accomplished everything it started out to do.

Thank you very much for your consideration,

-Matt

Edited by Mystery Man