UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose .....which is the basis of virtually everything I post...that the supposed best window for the Mummy box set was

October ...like every other UM box-set ready for Halloween & it was missed..... I guess that means that :

1. They were made but are being stashed in a warehouse until next year :no:

2. They weren't made but might be made later on ....next year :no:

3. Any other scenario.....WTF would I really know?

Bearing in mind the production run of these UM box sets (low) & my non-US perception of how Halloween affects sales .....I personally can't see how a non-Halloween release would make any difference with what would undoubtedly have been the best-selling UM box set bar none .......

.....in my opinion.

Best case scenario is 'modified/variant versions' box set next year :thumbsup:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I never said it wasn't cancelled, but I guess I never said it was, either. I only know it isn't coming out this year, so I don't think it was made at all. If we made it, we'd ship it. Not positive they won't offer it next year, but I would not hold out hope for it. I think the numbers on the UM box sets is fairly low nowadays. Creature is the only one we've ever sold out of.

If it was a manufacturing error -- misplaced order, missed production window, etc. -- it was not the fault of the entire nation of China. Besides, I can't foresee any scenario in which we would change our current system. No other country has competitive manufacturing prices and similar volume capabilities, as far as I know. We make a dozen types of products, and we need them to all be made in more or less the same location, at an affordable price. That's China.

Edited by Zach Oat

I'm a bit conflicted here.

I want this set. I will buy this set. But I already have 3/4 of it from TRU. Hypothetically speaking, if this set were pushed to 2013, would it push OUT a different set? So instead of, say, Phantom of the Opera and Invisible Man, we would only get *one* of those sets plus The Mummy?

I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. However, IF we were to get Ardeth Bey in place of the girl that was in the TRU 2-pack, I would be happier with that change!

Maybe, the best solution is this:

2013 Phantom of the Opera (Lon Chaney version!) and The Invisible Man

2014 The Mummy boxset and This Island Earth

So, if the boxset came out later, even if unchanged, then we could still get Ardeth Bey in a TRU exclusive 2-pack!

Maybe UM would work better as TRU exclusive 2-packs? This year, I don't see a lot of extra stock lying around. In fact, I have to really search to find even one UM 2012 pack (all I see anymore is the occasional Hunchback 2-pack) I think TRU didn't order the same quantities this year as before, and I think the window of having TRU's come out first worked very well for them.

If UM were switched to 2-packs, maybe overall sales & support would increase from TRU? The lack of leftovers for clearance from this year *I think* is a good sign (please correct me if I'm wrong).

We all want Phantom, Invisible Man, Metaluna Alien, Ardeth Bey, Son of Frankenstein & Ygor. It's great to have such a fleshed out collection of supporting characters with the 4-packs as we've been getting, but if 2-packs are the *only* chance we have of getting the last main characters made, then I would take *just* Phantom over his whole supporting cast, *just* Invisible Man over his supporting cast, etc.

Thanks to Zach's heads up, I was able to run back to TRU today and get the Mummy/sarcophagus set I was hoping to get in the 4-pack.

Production problems in China, huh? Would DST consider moving manufacturing to another country?

I had the same thought after I saw the thread take this turn.... at least I got that set

Hey all. I picked up an extra mummy/sarcophagus 2 pack today if anyone is looking for one. If I get more than one reply I'll keep looking for them in stores. I'm more than willing to send for cost and shipping. I'm not looking to make a profit, just to keep the board members stocked with minis!

There are several at TRUs by me too if anyone needs them. I'll probably be there later in the week, pm me if you want me to pick some up. I'll do trades or at cost. Really just want to help out too.

Edited by SuperChefMate