UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am enjoying all of the Lego Monster Fighter mods that people are using with these.

Saw a set of these today and they seemed interesting.

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/character-building-compatible-cobi-sets/

As always, if anyone in the US wants me to try to grab some of these, let me know. Always happy to help.

I did not need to see these, I'm broke enough as it is :D

I think I need the Fly the most but he'll have to have a mod to his hands (one human colored and one a fly leg shape)

Those other monster figures look really neat. I'd like to get a Fly and mod it with Minimate parts for sure! If you can help me out, UK Collector, I'd be in yer debt!

I also REALLY like that "Crypt of Terror" set that's shown at the link.

As of this weekend, I've got all the Monster Fighter sets along with the Lego Pyramid. Kitbashed 2 of the Zombie sets to build a swell mausoleum and am expecting a 2nd Vampyre Castle to build on to the one I already have. Also, the LotR "Weathertop" scene goes really great with the castle. I may end up taking some more pictures eventually if there's any interest.

I'm about to get to work on getting parts together in bulk to build a scene of the Black Lagoon.

Edited by Mystery Man

Those other monster figures look really neat. I'd like to get a Fly and mod it with Minimate parts for sure! If you can help me out, UK Collector, I'd be in yer debt!

I also REALLY like that "Crypt of Terror" set that's shown at the link.

As of this weekend, I've got all the Monster Fighter sets along with the Lego Pyramid. Kitbashed 2 of the Zombie sets to build a swell mausoleum and am expecting a 2nd Vampyre Castle to build on to the one I already have. Also, the LotR "Weathertop" scene goes really great with the castle. I may end up taking some more pictures eventually if there's any interest.

I'm about to get to work on getting parts together in bulk to build a scene of the Black Lagoon.

Interested in pics, please!

Since I dropped off the face of the earth for two months, I'm behind with my monster news. Are we still slated to get Invisible Man and Opera Phantom in 2013? Or are we done?

I really hope this line continues at least with box sets. Metaluma Mutant, Doctor Zorka, Creeper, Mole People...

If I were reading the tea leaves, I'd say the door's not shut on them. The comments we've heard from Zach seem to be more along the lines of "we'll have to see how well series 3 sells" than "I think we're done." Compare that with the more tentative stance on, say, Street Fighter X Tekken, where we've heard things like "wave 3 isn't set yet" and "preorders for wave 2 have been soft." Of course nothing we've heard is a firm yes or no, but I'd probably weight Monsters as a slightly positive on-the-bubble. Plus, I get the sense the license has a special place in Chuck's heart, which might give the line an... unnaturally... long lifespan... <_<

I had a message the other day from my US surrogate recipient ( :mellow: ) to say that my TRU UM sets arrived in a box containing a 'bundled heap ' :verymad:

How many times will I cope with this before just giving up ? I'm no longer a MIB OCD Nazi ....nope I've overcome that out of necessity...... but as someone who ships a fair bit out himself I've found that it is easier to pack a parcel well than to just throw them in like garbage .BTW I've just sent these to the US this week post-638-0-35237800-1349010225_thumb.jpg

& I guarantee they'll arrive in the same manner that they were sent.

I personally have no idea. The other UM lines are tentatively planned out through next year, but I'm not sure Chuck/TRU have decided on MM yet. Any support you guys can throw behind this year's release would be great.

I've bought 6 of each 2-pack that TRU has released so far from TRU.com. When the boxed sets hit, I'll get at least 3 a piece.

Just tell me what else I can do to support 'em so we'll get more next year and I'm there.

I personally have no idea. The other UM lines are tentatively planned out through next year, but I'm not sure Chuck/TRU have decided on MM yet. Any support you guys can throw behind this year's release would be great.

I've bought 6 of each 2-pack that TRU has released so far from TRU.com. When the boxed sets hit, I'll get at least 3 a piece.

Just tell me what else I can do to support 'em so we'll get more next year and I'm there.

Clone yourself!

• 2 weeks later...