UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

I have had problems with certain minimates with paint-rub & it is generally the head but I don't think it is unique to any particular 'mate .

Inks used in any print process are susceptible to any form of oil & the sebum in the skin of your hands (for example)would in certain circumstances be enough to partially degrade the ink on a minimate .

I AM NOT SAYING that this is highly likely & IS MOST UNLIKELY but it can happen with inks that rely on evaporation of solvent rather than absorption of solvent into the material to dry .

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inks used in any print process are susceptible to any form of oil & the sebum in the skin of your hands (for example)would in certain circumstances be enough to partially degrade the ink on a minimate .

Sounds like someone needs to get his sebum under control before it destroys his collection... :teehee:

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to get confirmation that we'll get another wave. And Punisher, according to the article, the box set will come with the sarcophagus.

And Hunchback is an interesting choice for the second set - have they done anything (8" figure, statue) with Hunchback before? Why not the Invisible Man or the Phantom of the Opera?

Not to be a downer, but product shown at Toy Fair isn't a guarentee. It's there to get retailers to be interested in the product so it will happen. I feel like these will make it, but I don't take the showing of these as a fact that they're an absolute.

Oh, I know. I remember the Ghost Rider wave, the Beverly Hills Cop set, the Godfather set...

But the fact that they're finally talking about a new wave gives me at least 60% confidence that I'll see these in store. I won't be 100% until I'm holding them in my hands.

Glad to get confirmation that we'll get another wave. And Punisher, according to the article, the box set will come with the sarcophagus.

Oh, awesome thanks for pointing that out.

I also thought it was odd that Hunchback got a slot before Invisible Man or Phantom. I would have preferred either of those to Hunchback honestly.

I wonder what happened to the guy in the tuxedo that was always shown with the Mummy set at previous shows? There was the Mummy, his sarcophagus, princess what's her face and the tuxedo guy (I'm assuming the hero of the film). I wonder why the switch with the Helen Grosvenor minimate?

so happy to hear that these are still on the table. :woot:

i think the longevity of the line is the reason for the much requested Mummy mates being paired with the "out of nowhere" (at least I don't remember hearing anything about it previously) Hunchback mates. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to them both very much. But I think that pairing the Invisible Man and the Phantom of the Opera will help these get picked up next year as opposed to an alternate mix, say Hunchback and Phantom. that pairing might not fly with TRU next year. But we've all been drooling over the Mummy mates for so long you know those will do well and help move the Hunchback too.

If you had to put these in order of strength of popularity and "cool factor", IMO it would have to be The Mummy, Invisible Man (expecting a clear Invisible Man mate here :thumbsup: ), Phantom, and Hunchback (sight unseen of course) which is probably how I'd rank the movies as well. That said, the smart thing to do is pair #1 with #4 and #2 is with #3 by default. I think that makes sense...or am I rambling again? :lol:

but yeah, the year long wait is excruciating!

I wonder what happened to the guy in the tuxedo that was always shown with the Mummy set at previous shows? There was the Mummy, his sarcophagus, princess what's her face and the tuxedo guy (I'm assuming the hero of the film). I wonder why the switch with the Helen Grosvenor minimate?

I'm guessing tuxedo guy will end up a TRU exclusive, like the Villager.