UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />I am psyched for these, and the Mummy set as well, that sarcophagus is awesome. I really hope the Invisible Man and maybe the Phantom of the Opera make an appearance at some point.<br />
<br /><br /><br /> my exact thoughts just ordered the black and white monster and drac,I already had the b&w creature and wolf man,so now I will get any and all of the b&w sets

Has there been any news on the release of the Dracula & Frankenstein boxsets? I've been holding off on the non-exclusives @ TRU for those sets?

According to DST, the UM 4-packs are on the boat from China and are scheduled to hit comic book shops Oct 12th along with the Curse of The Mutants boxed set. Hot on the heels of that release are the Femmes Fatales the following week.

Anybody thought about a stake and hammer for Van Helsing yet?

A toothpick end sharpied brown would work for the stake.

Here is a Lego hammer that might work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lego-City-Minifig-Tools-3x-BLACK-HAMMER-mallet-/330436511738?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cef8d07fa

Edited by Joe Hill

I'm puzzled why we haven't seen in box photos yet if these are going to drop in 8 days, or did I just miss them?

If you're talking about the 4-packs, I have seen both and they look awesome. Like others have said, next Wednesday seems to be the day they arrive at CBS.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

It's a secret. I can tell you though that gone are the window box packaging of last year and replaced with the standard blister card. No accessories what so ever. Also gone is the horribly tanned flesh from the last series.

UPDATE: Confirmed these 2 sets ARE coming out next Wednesday (Oct 12) along with the Curse of the Mutants boxed set. Huzzah for monster goodness!

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 2 weeks later...

So, DST has stated they don't feel like there's much left that's "marketable" for the Universal Monsters. I beg to differ, especially if you look at the old Sideshow Collectibles figure line. I feel like more is possible IF DST were to change their release strategy and do one final wave. Of course, the first wave especially would have done better with more monsters and fewer humans.

That said, it would be a shame if we didn't get:

The Mummy

The Invisible Man

Phantom of the Opera

also, the Metaluna Mutant would be cool but I won't be upset if we never get him.

I think for boxsets, we should get The Mummy with that awesome sarcophagus they've already shown and Phantom of the Opera including Phantom in his tux and Phantom in his red outfit with Skull mask, both with removable masks.

Here's a link to the Phanton in his Red outfit with Skull mask:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_101001.htm

Then, the invisible man can be done as both trenchcoat and bathrobe variants in a TRU 2-pack (Does he really need a 4-pack??)

Then the TRU wave can be:

Mummy & Sarcophagus

Ardeth Bey & Pharaoh (Imagine the new tooling! A Fez hat and Pharaoh hat!)

Invisible Man Trenchcoat & Bathrobe

Phanton of the Opera Skull mask/red outfit & Black suit/half face mask

*OR* DST can abandon the one movie per pack and actually MIX movies in the same pack! Then they can put characters like the Metaluna Mutant in with Son of Frankenstein, Igor, Mole People, etc for the "one and done" types that won't make up a 4-pack.

Similar to the BTTF line, where they kept releasing variants of the same characters, I'd be wiling to buy another Dracula, etc if they needed him to anchor a mixed movie 4-pack.

Ardeth Bey & Pharaoh (Imagine the new tooling! A Fez hat and Pharaoh hat!)

Dude! We could totally get Rama-Tut with that Pharaoh hat. Of course it would HAVE to be made before they make Kang. That ways DST can say "Look. There he is. Look. Now will you leave us alone?"