UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

As for waiting the whole year for more sets... yeah, it's cruddy. I'll buy 'em, but I still wish they'd up that production schedule.

yeah, come halloween i know i will as well, if everyone decided to wait, we may not even get to see some of the others. i can't see these sets not doing pretty well... its another line that will bring in interest from non-minimate fans

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the box sets on pre-order, and I'm still planning on picking up several of these sets when they hit TRU. Great way to pick up a few extra people / parts for customs without having to buy a second set.

People who don't make customs or want extras, I dunno what they're going to do...

It'll be interesting to see how these affect the regular boxset sales.

I don't see it affecting the boxed sets, if the TRU wave hits first. This way impulse buyers (or impatient collectors) will pick up the 2-packs and completists wanting the lady mates from the series will have to buy the 4-pack.

TRU wave-packaged pics

These look nice. And maybe we should change the name of this thread to 'Universal Monsters'.

Done and done. ;)

And I really hope the boxsets actually show up on our end. Good thing I'm not a completist, otherwise those TRU-exclusive B&W variants are going to kick my butt.

Is this stuff for real?

Can you eloborate?

A better question. Are any of us for real? How do you know that the world in which we live is not just a figment of my imagination? Or yours? or theirs? The answer is simple: I think therefore I am. If I do not think, then I do not know myself to be. But since I think, I know myself to exist, and therefore I am.

A better question. Are any of us for real? How do you know that the world in which we live is not just a figment of my imagination? Or yours? or theirs? The answer is simple: I think therefore I am. If I do not think, then I do not know myself to be. But since I think, I know myself to exist, and therefore I am.

But what if you're just a subconscious construct in someone else's dream? All your thoughts and feelings are just an extension of their thoughts and feelings. That you don't share the same opinion hardly matters, since many people are in constant conflict with themselves, which governs the whole concept of right and wrong.

So, whoever is dreaming all of this, don't wake up until we get the Minimates we want. I'm waiting for the Invisible Man myself.

But what if you're just a subconscious construct in someone else's dream? All your thoughts and feelings are just an extension of their thoughts and feelings. That you don't share the same opinion hardly matters, since many people are in constant conflict with themselves, which governs the whole concept of right and wrong.

Yet as iron strikes iron, and a lively debate between friends can come to sparks, I know my own heart. How can a man, struggling with himself, understand anything but two sides? For even in a dream we awake to find it passing. So too in the dreaming we may yet find that we know ourselves even when we do not, that some mastery of the mind remains, lucid as elusive. More vexing still is the matter of others. That we may know our own thoughts is for a certainty. But who may know the thoughts of another? For as assuredly as I know I am, I do not know what plagues the hearts and minds of other men. Be they a figment? But no, as Descartes realized long before you and I were born, it is the creator that gives us the ability to see the world. So then too other men, and indeed this very existence, must be real. And though we proceed through life with assurance, the preponderance that lies at the back of all mens mind, vexing them in the dark, may not be sated til we at last shrug off this mortal coil. Then it will be either my mind or I that face oblivion.

Sorry, watched Hamlet last night. Must have sunk in more than i thought.

• 3 weeks later...

gotta say im pretty excited for these

Pics of the Universal Monters 4-packs are up on the AA blog. Looks like they goofed and photoshopped in transformation Larry's face twice on the back of the Wolfman pack.

Also, the bottom of the back says to see the site for Marvel Minimates info, which is correct technically but I doubt they meant to put the word Marvel on there.

Pics of the Universal Monters 4-packs are up on the AA blog. Looks like they goofed and photoshopped in transformation Larry's face twice on the back of the Wolfman pack.

Also, the bottom of the back says to see the site for Marvel Minimates info, which is correct technically but I doubt they meant to put the word Marvel on there.

Good catch Deadpool!