UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Toy Fair 2010 thread

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the pirates! They are something I have considered for decal kits, but it never would have worked without the hats and gear. I'm glad I don't have to worry about it anymore. I wonder if we will see more non-licensed stuff today?

Also, the Universal Monsters are made of win. :)

The Gillman's head looks like a sculpt on the poster, where as the tiny pic over at DST's website definately looks like a head cap. I hope I was just seeing things and they go with a sculpted head. Please God, PLEASE!

OK .....Minimate Pirates. I can only offer one piece of advice .....here's the advice......

Buy yourself one of the Mega Blok Ships preferably the 'Flying Dutchman','Dread Eyes Phantom' or 'The Black Pearl' ,discard the figures & keep your fingers crossed for these.

Buy one now ;)

I was thinking that any or the playmobile pirate ships might work as well, im not sure how big the megabloks ships are, but seeing as the playmobile figs are larger and most toys are made to a "cramped" size as compared to the figs this might actually work out to a decent sized ship the of course there are Lego ships and the ability to make them as large as needed oh my :blink:

Oh and someone mentioned Egyptians, that would be fan-F@ing-tastic! IMO

Edited by Mattallica

Okay, I'm only skimming this thread cause it's going 90 to nothing.

Pirates! Yay! No mention of the Universal monsters or Marvel posters next to it though? or did I just miss it.

DST booth Not much to look at. Love that Boba Fett Bank. No Minimate stuff though? Okay, pack it up and go home people.

Oh wait. New Minimate vehicles. How interesting.

IMG_2594.JPG

HALO? Meh. Never played, never will.

Pirates? Sweet! Means there's a possibility for other unlicensed. I like it.

Dynamo? I'd be skeptical. Remember Toad?

The universal monsters poster excites me the most of all. First off, if they do this right, it confirms the next few lines. My guess is that Dracula and Frankenstein are next year and Bride and Mummy after that. Overall, every single thing on that poster is made of total win!

So yeah, until some pics surface, Universal Monsters excite me the most of all!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

The Universal Classic Monsters poster looks awesome!maybe they will sell them at universal studios florida!I am going to orland on June 26 and coming back July 6,hopefully I will see them there!I HOPE it will turn into Universal Classic Killers{so I can have a norman bates mini.}

As for Halo I will get a pack of an ODST if there make 1.

And for Pirates,A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME!They look awesome.

Can't wait to see what else they show tommorow

TM2 Dinobot, the mate to the right of Han Solo's leg looks to be wearing a firefighter's helmet. Could this be part of the M.A.X line?

Well, considering that's what the poster at the top says, yes. Both the mate on the stretcher, the helicopter/thing are from MAX and probably the Mech suit as well.

EDIT: Here's a slightly better picture of what I'm talking about. Sorry no better shots, I'm not actually there. :P

post-51-1266178571_thumb.jpg

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot, the mate to the right of Han Solo's leg looks to be wearing a firefighter's helmet. Could this be part of the M.A.X line?

Well, considering that's what the poster at the top says, yes. Both the mate on the stretcher, the helicopter/thing are from MAX and probably the Mech suit as well.

EDIT: Here's a slightly better picture of what I'm talking about. Sorry no better shots, I'm not actually there. :P

are those firefighter minimates?wow DST is actually doing there own thing now,cool!and those exosuits look awesome!and it also looks like theres 1 more ghostbusters boxset in the works they seem all civilian.

In looking at the first rebelscum image, they certainly appear to be firefighters. The mate on the stretcher looks like a Hunt Mate with a white torso block. Show exclusive perhaps? Maybe just a kitbash? Maybe more Ghostbusters stuff further down too.

The last image in that gallery, has a glass case on the right. Does Medicom have the Star Trek license now?

Minimate-scaled helicopters?! Firefighters?! These are just incredible!

... on the other hand I just got a flashback of those solicited C3 sets we never got, and I'm starting to think maybe it's best I not set myself up for heartbreak too soon :(

Also we have to remember that DST can solicit ideas and licenses here all they want, we know from bitter experience that if the retailers don't get behind something, it won't come out.

DST have always shown a reluctance to do non-licensed Minimates in the past, saying they are a tough sell to retailers, but here we are with a new subline and more possible MAX stuff. I'm guessing the current relationship with TRU and the success of the Ghostbusters line has allowed them to try to spread their wings and try to get support for these.

Don't get me wrong, I am totally stoked about a pirates line, I'm just saying not to hold your breath.

Haha wish i had a bigger reaction to this, but isaw these on my Blackberry beforehand and nerdgasmed then. :lol:

Pirates looks really neat!!!!! Minimate skeleton's, anyone??? :yes: And YES!!!! The Mummy is on the Universal poster!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!! :lol:

And...firefighters...okaaaaaaaay...nice to see DST branching out and all, bu how about POLICEMEN first?? Who's gonna book my C-list Spidey Villains????? ;)

Also we have to remember that DST can solicit ideas and licenses here all they want, we know from bitter experience that if the retailers don't get behind something, it won't come out.

post-51-1266186481_thumb.jpg

:whistling:

And even moreso than that is The Godfather. After all, those were ready. They almost hit production. Then... boom. Nobody wanted them.

I think one thing to remember about the newer Minimate vehicles (and maybe the Pirates too) is that TRU seems to be behind DST right now and that's got to carry a lot of pull with them. TRU even has the Lab playset on their site now for pre-order. My guess is that the regular Minimates are doing well there and they're willing to giving Minimates more shelf space. But that's just my two cents.