UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Toy Fair 2010 thread

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so really. somebody did get some minimate pics right?

while they are first on our list of toys unfortunately they are not on the top of the lists of the news sites lists...they have the picks and the news but the other bigger companies get first postings....

Jeff of the Miniacs

Halo news rocked!

Pirates news dropped me dead. Un-frakking-believable. So out-of-there, I never bothered to put them on my wishlist.

What bhm says about MegaBloks ships is dead on: once the 'Mates come out, the prices on those will only go up. MegaBloks ships should fit just fine, Playmobilcan work but the scale is a bit off (see my Hunt 2009 pictures for Minimates on Playmobil ships).

Time to go find my oxygen tank...

Edited by Cappy

Halo news rocked!

Pirates news dropped me dead. Un-frakking-believable. So out-of-there, I never bothered to put them on my wishlist.

What bhm says about MegaBloks ships is dead on: once the 'Mates come out, the prices on those will only go up. MegaBloks ships should fit just fine, Playmobilcan work but the scale is a bit off (see my Hunt 2009 pictures for Minimates on Playmobil ships).

just imagine if we could see em

Halo news rocked!

Or lick them!

Ok so yeah I've been watching various sites all day during gaps in the rugby 7's and am bored/fed up as most that we've not really SEEN anything exciting yet!

T.

Halo news rocked!

Or lick them!

Ok so yeah I've been watching various sites all day during gaps in the rugby 7's and am bored/fed up as most that we've not really SEEN anything exciting yet!

T.

Timbo, please!!

We haven't seen ANYTHING, not anything exciting. <_< ALL of our news has come from DST's site and TWO posters. That's it.

Really?! :rolleyes:

Glad for Halo minimates for people that enjoy that game, my girlfriend's little brothers included.

Pirates will be cool as a non-character license.

And hope they do the Gillman's head JUST like on that poster. If anything would tear me away from my Monsters Kubricks, it's these. As long as they do the full-line of monsters, like the Kubricks did.

Also... I hope DST seriously changes the 2 sets a year policy for the monsters. Otherwise, the wait will suck and interest may be lost too. Seriously, I know they don't want to spend their whole wad at once... but c'mon guys... 2012 until we get everybody on that poster? And as far as the Gillman goes... I sure hope they do a fully sculpted head instead of some slip-on hairpiece monstrosity.

Edited by Mystery Man

Halo news rocked!

Or lick them!

T.

Timbo, please!!

We haven't seen ANYTHING, not anything exciting. <_< ALL of our news has come from DST's site and TWO posters. That's it.

Really?! :rolleyes:

What am I, chopped liver?! I posted 2 pics! Of MAX Mates!

EDIT: What?! How can they do Stild Man?! 2 inches people! 2 inches!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I....I think I just cried a little. Fantastic, simply fantastic.

Those demons and random Mates are great, 2010 will be a painful year for everybodies wallet.

Edited by McDurg

You know a toy company is in it for the love of the hobby when they actually release a Stilt Man figure :D

Sweet! Looks like everybody's wish for an comic IM wave didn't fall on deaf ears after all. Are those classic AND modern-ish versions of the Mandarin? Whoa!

If there are any IM fans in the house (and I know there are ;)), care to explain who the blue guy is and exactly which armor that is on the right of the updated Silver Centurion?

I am 99% sure that Stilt man is an exagerated custom. I think I found his ACTUAL legs behind the display. Could be wrong. Also, love the no picture sign in the picture. :P

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/DST/image26.asp

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/DST/image27.asp

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I recognize a couple of Iron Men, the Mandarin, Stilt Man, and Crimson Dynamo, but who is the blue guy and who is the guy in the mask (Mandarin variant?)?

Blue guy - Dreadnought - bad guy robot used by HYDRA and Madame Masque (and your army-builder for the wave)

Guy in mask - First Appearance Mandarin.

Edited by boyd

EDIT: What?! How can they do Stilt Man?! 2 inches people! 2 inches!

Two-inch scale, you mean. From the looks of him I'd say he's still pretty compatible with the rest of the line... which means I can give somebody else stilts just for kicks and giggles! Oh, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade...

Of course, if you're asking how they're gonna fit the stilts in the box, well... huh, that is a good question :confused:

In other news: Firemen! Cops! Mechas! Mini pirate ships! Tarot! Trek's not dead!

I'd say this was a pretty satisfying set of updates so far.

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGO THE MUMMY FOUR PACK IS PHENOMONAL. :jwdrp. I WANT IT NOW. NOW.

SO MUCH GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, i realize i was in caps. Everything (except firemen) is so great!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and enjoy the Dinghy, BHM. :)

By the way, Ghostbusters are dead. Sorry for the negativity, but damn. A WAVE of civilians?? Wow...