Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Punisher

Firefox "Mumbo-Jumbo"

41 posts in this topic

Has anyone else using firefox gotten a mashup of tabs and icons and such?

For example, the line of text with the clicky "arcade, donate," etc, is no longer horizontal, but now its left aligned vertically.

I'm using Firefox for mac os and all looks fine to me.

Can't you edit the settings? (Another reason for Mac to rule the world!) Get Safari 4! :)

Eh. Don't know what's up. It happened on my PC that got a virus, so i thought that was why. But I just bought an asus netbook and its doing it too.

Has anyone else using firefox gotten a mashup of tabs and icons and such?

For example, the line of text with the clicky "arcade, donate," etc, is no longer horizontal, but now its left aligned vertically.

Hey I am having the same problem!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I am not seeing this on my Firefox browser.

Nothing weird on Firefox 3.5.3. You might try disabling/enabling your various plug-ins to see if on of those is causing problems.

I know Shane is deeply involved with some off site stuff right now but will look into it.

Those that are having issues, can you PM me specifics of FF versions it's mesing up with?

T.

Nothing weird on Firefox 3.5.3. You might try disabling/enabling your various plug-ins to see if on of those is causing problems.

Thanks for confirming your version. This could be a Firefox 3.6 issue as I have it and have the same reported issues. Didn't have them until I went to 3.6, (yeah I couldn't wait to upgrade :blush: ) I tried different settings but couldn't make the issue go away. Heading home now and will try removing the skin and see if that works.

For those having trouble, use a different browser in the meantime until whatever is causing this issue gets resolved.

I also have an older version of Firefox (3.0.17)

Yeah, it's gotta be 3.6 then. I'm using google chrome now, much better than firefox anyways!

No problems here, using Firefox 3.5.7 (guess I won't do that upgrade Mozilla recommends....)

Just updated to Firefox 3.6 and I'm getting the weird layout bit. must be a browser problem.

On the desktop we set up for the kids its firefox 3.3 and both our laptops have 3.6....on the desktop everything is fine so must be something with the 3.6 build

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yeah, I just updated to 3.6 and I'm seeing the funky layout, too. May have to switch browsers until there's a Firefox update.

GAH! Now I can see what the issue is. FF finally upgraded me today and now MM looks pony, pants, craptacular even.

Back to Safari for me I guess.

GAH! Now I can see what the issue is. FF finally upgraded me today and now MM looks pony, pants, craptacular even.

Back to Safari for me I guess.

Same for me. This now looks like websites looked back in the 1990s. :yucky:

post-1827-1268453948_thumb.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Ditto. WTF is going of? GAH!

We're looking into it... BUT it's more complex than you'd think & when we have answers you'll be the first to know I promise.

T.

I'm having this problem on my work computer after the Firefox update too.

it is not horrible, i mean at least i can still connect with my fellow nerds. but it just does not look good :(

I'm wondering if anybody's found a solution to this problem as of yet.

I've messed with a few display options but no dice.

Sorry 'bout the necro...

But are people still seeing this, or is it just me? I'm on the latest Firefox, 3.6.13.

I started poking around with the embedded css and found this nugget that I think might be the problem.

.codetop,

.sqltop,

.htmltop

{

background: #FDDBCC url(d #000;

color: #000;

font-weight: bold;

margin: 0 auto 0 auto;

padding: 3px;

border-bottom: 0;

(style_images/Jet/css_img_code.gif) no-repeat right: ;

(style_images/mmmv2007/css_img_code.gif) no-repeat right: ;

}

If I pull out the 'background:' line, everything looks nice and clean again. (Those last two lines look a little odd to me too, but I'm no CSS guru.) And of course I don't know if this causes other layout problems in other browsers or anything. But I thought I'd share in hopes of helping. :)