UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BTTF Box Sets

sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, i wasn't quite sure where to put it

i've seen the box sets mentioned a couple of times on here recently, have they become hard to come by? there doesn't seem to be any on ebay. i think it was mentioned in the marvel wave 31-32 thread that they've been reaching ridiculous prices.

whats the story gang?

whats the story gang?

The long and the short of it seems to be that GB mates are proving to be a gateway drug into minimate collecting in general, and BTTF in specific. Those poor unsuspecting fools, sadly believeing they'll be able to stop whenever they want to, no harm in indulging a little now.

I live in Orlando, FL, and a local dealer had gotten a few BTTF packages in this past week; my brother and I got the last of them, the "Enchantment Under the Sea" Marty and Lorraine 2-pack. Another shop tells us they may be able to get the 2-pack as well.

I live in Orlando, FL, and a local dealer had gotten a few BTTF packages in this past week; my brother and I got the last of them, the "Enchantment Under the Sea" Marty and Lorraine 2-pack. Another shop tells us they may be able to get the 2-pack as well.

The 2 packs are still out there it's the box sets that are becoming hard to find for a reasonable price.

The Enchantment 2-pack was an exclusive for BTTF.com in 2007, but they must've had a lot of unsold stock because they were listed through Diamond a while back and just arrived in stores. We've seen this before with AFX "exclusives" that don't sell out and end up for sale at comic shops.

Well, somehow the UK ended up with more BBTF1 sets, more recently than we did. I know BHM was saying that he can still find them relatively cheap over there.

I said that fairly recently these were still available on UK ebay by the case-load . Before the embargo on selling Minimates in the EU began a lot of stuff was just dumped here & sold cheaply if at all!

BTTF was part of that dump but you no longer see them in numbers.

Best of luck with Forbidden Planet ;)

s'why i asked really... my LCS still has loads of the BTTF box sets are reduced prices... but as i'm in the UK, and that LCS is a forbidden planet, i'm not sure they'd be that much of a good deal.

Buy them :D