UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Should there be an updated Fantastic Four released?

groundhog7s

Should there be an updated Fantastic Four released?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Fantastic Four receive a Minimate makeover?

• Yes, they need it.
    • No, the original releases are fine.

I gotta admit, ever since I saw those newish episodes of the Fantastic Four, from 2006, I've been wanting a Paste Pot Pete. Admittedly I wouldn't be so happy to get a redo of the Fantastic Four, I think we have plenty of other choices for minimates, but I do think the only way we would get more villains from their rouges gallery is by having them redone.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those 'cheap 4 pack days' have gone Sam :sad: .....I actually mean the 2 pack stuff ....Wave 8 & the corresponding Target stuff.

Sure enough. I figured Toynk was still sitting on pallets of the stuff, but they seem to be gone from their site now.

As you might assume, I am in fact a huge FF fan. Do I think a new FF are necessary? Hardly. But I'd certainly take a set. Especially Thing. I own all of the released Thing minimates and haven't found one completely satisfactory. I don't think that the flamed on Human Torch is really necessary, but a human Johnny Storm would be fantastic. Also, a re-do of Doom is one of my most wanted minimates. Perhaps with a Doombot army builder.

Perhaps with a Doombot army builder.

I think I would prefer a Servo-Guard (a la Luke) for an army builder over a Doombot. I'm in a bit of a ridiculous Fantastic Four frenzy right now. It might have something to do with being confined to the guest bedroom while I have this flu (day 3).

id love to see a doombot army builder and of course a new Doom as well.Sorry to here you have the flu it took me down last month for a week,ball of fun

Perhaps with a Doombot army builder.

I think I would prefer a Servo-Guard (a la Luke) for an army builder over a Doombot. I'm in a bit of a ridiculous Fantastic Four frenzy right now. It might have something to do with being confined to the guest bedroom while I have this flu (day 3).

I gotta admit, ever since I saw those newish episodes of the Fantastic Four, from 2006, I've been wanting a Paste Pot Pete. Admittedly I wouldn't be so happy to get a redo of the Fantastic Four, I think we have plenty of other choices for minimates, but I do think the only way we would get more villains from their rouges gallery is by having them redone.

start around 3 minutes 5 seconds

Definitely Servo-Guard over Doombot.

And I'd rather see a different, non-Doom villain than another Doom. I just bought two Dooms already this year. Well last year, but you know what I mean.

Aside from a new hood/cloak combo, Vic, what do you want to see in a new Doom mate?

And sorry to hear you're down with the flu too, Turtle.

Nice clip, Pete. Thans for finding it, Pete.

Mirymate, don't get me wrong. I can live with the 4-pack Doom. However, I would still love to see a redo with a higherlevel of detail and a new cloak. That being said, I would also love a Mole Man, Puppet Master, Psycho Man, Firelord, Terrex and pretty much any FF villain (or villain in general) that AA could provide. :]

And I completely agree in regards to Servoguard over Doombot. Truthfully, I was thinking of a Servoguard anyways.

Couldn't you make a boxed set worth of stuff just out of Impy alone and plenty of stuff to pop into? Which would rock on so many levels.

Heck yes they could. And they should. The box set should accompany the all Impossible Man wave, with exclusive Impossible Man Toys R Us 2-pack.

That New Mutants annual where he fought Warlock was pretty awesome. Alan Davis art, if I recall.

Here is all you need to know. I loved the heck out of this episode as a kid. Had it on a tape I got from Lionel's Playworld.

Wow, just... wow.

So every time they needed the FF's help they had to hire a skywriter. It must've been a relief when they invented the telephone in the 1970s. :biggrin:

I only ever saw the '60s Spidey cartoon as a kid. It was disappointing to discover the sky in New York wasn't actually tie-dyed.

I don't think they need it. At all. They have several versions of themselves, in their classic iconic costumes that are instantly recognizable. They have head holed and peg feet. The definitive FF figures have been made. If you look at ML, they keep releasing the same costumes over and over, the same looking figures.

Maybe if/when they do a FF reboot we can ger some classic villains, which is what. For the FF though, yeah, they're done. Stop beating that horse.

As you might assume, I am in fact a huge FF fan. Do I think a new FF are necessary? Hardly. But I'd certainly take a set. Especially Thing. I own all of the released Thing minimates and haven't found one completely satisfactory. I don't think that the flamed on Human Torch is really necessary, but a human Johnny Storm would be fantastic. Also, a re-do of Doom is one of my most wanted minimates. Perhaps with a Doombot army builder.

count me in on some updated FF 'mates. and doom DEFINITELY needs to be re-done--- that particular minimate looks really stiff and dated.

and speakin' of re-done 'mates, i wish dst would re-do juggernaut and the rhino. both of those guys look so puny! :(

That New Mutants annual where he fought Warlock was pretty awesome. Alan Davis art, if I recall.

Love that one. And Warlock "won" because he changed color. There was also an issue of Silver Surfer where Impy decided that Norinn needed to lighten up.

It isn't painfully needed,but it'd sure be swell to have another release of them in the classic black/blue costumes with some better accessories. Bonus would be if Reed and Sue had an extra body to swap out with the white/blue costume.

Double bonus would be a 5-pack with all of them plus a new villain, like Annihilus.

Triple bonus would be a 5-pack with those white/blue costumes I spoke of with another new villain, like Dragon Man.

Quadruple bonus would be if in one of the sets the Thing came with extra parts to put him in his trenchcoat look.

I don't see a huge need. The biggest change in the new releases is more detailed armors and cuffs and accessories. FF just have skin tight body suits and that has been covered quite nice imho.

Mole Man would be nice.

The originals work well for classic FF, but I would welcome a set of modern FF or blue/white costumes.

There are still a good amount of FF related characters (Annihilus, Ronin the Accusser, Mole Man, Moloids, FF She-Hulk & redo Doombots) left to make so I would prefer a FF wave over just a boxset.

I am surprised I did not start this thread in the first place, since I am a big FF fan myself and have pleaded in other threads for a re-make. I feel that a re-make for the Fantastic Four is a no brainer. Let me explain:

1. If anything just to make them more compatible with the articulated more modern looking minimates that are being produced today.

Although wave 8 was the first series to have C3 feet, for the most part, minimates from that time period look dated by today’s standard of minimates. They have a simplistic cartoony feel to them, and there is nothing wrong with that, but they don’t mesh well with modern minimates. (IMO)

2. They also need a re-make so they can be done correctly this time.

Do not get me wrong, I liked the Wave 8 FF line and the Exclusive FF set, but some of those figures had evident mistakes.

Wave 8

Mr. Fantastic – Unlike the cover on the box suggests the color of his boots, belt, and collar is not black as they should be. Instead they are a dark blue, which is the wrong color. (I had to switch the base and body of my Exclusive Reed Richard’s just to get it right)

Susan Richards – Her mistake is easy to recognize. The black belt is not on the base piece, but colored onto her body?

Exclusive Set

All of the figures have no peg holes on their heads making it hard to update some of the dated hairstyles on the figures. Most notably Susan Richards and her 50’s hairdo, and if you wanted to attach the flame hair of the Wave 8 Torch to Johnny Storm, forget about it.

I personally have had to mishmash different combinations of the FF just to make them look more natural compared to the other modern minimates. Hence, I feel a FF re-make is way overdue!

I personally have had to mishmash different combinations of the FF just to make them look more natural compared to the other modern minimates. Hence, I feel a FF re-make is way overdue!

Same here. There are parts from at least 3 other 'mates swapped onto the Fantastic Four I have on display. Updated hair, faces, and a little more detail would be a big improvement. I'd also really like to see how they'd tackle a new Thing. The Human Torch is just about perfect though.