UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Should there be an updated Fantastic Four released?

groundhog7s

Should there be an updated Fantastic Four released?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Fantastic Four receive a Minimate makeover?

• Yes, they need it.
    • No, the original releases are fine.

Since one of the other threads devolved into a discussion about re-vamped Fantastic Four Minimates, I thought maybe it was a question worth discussing in it's own thread.

So, what does everyone think? Should they be redone and, if so, how to do it? A boxset, an entire wave, released with other waves? Post your thoughts and ideas on the subject.

Edited by groundhog7s

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a huge fantastic four fan but I dont think they could go with an update....with all the improvements and updated parts and what not I think they are due for another run....plus there are villains you could put in a wave with them pretty easy....and where else could they use the doom-bot army builder then with the fantastic four

I say bring them on, there are more in comic costumes that they could use quite easily

Jeff of the Miniacs

I think the FF are long over due. It's been years since they've had a release, and these are some of Marvel's big guns. I would like to see at least one wave (spread over two related waves would be ideal) that way we can get some more FF villains and related characters. I don't really care what costumes, but I guess something different than earlier releases would be good.

Edited by Turtle

definitely... i'd love an updated FF. the obvious answer is a take-it-or-leave-it box set, however... as a wave, we'd have the opportunity for a couple of new villains to accompany them. chances are... they'd end up sticking 3 and a villain in a box set, and make the 4th member an unobtainable toys r us 'exclusive'

In addition to what's already been said, we have to think of the "young uns" (the children and the newbie collectors) too. Let's be realistic here: the Fantastic Four is a pretty important Marvel team, and if the only way new Minimate collectors can get them is by tracking down (and possibly plopping down absurd prices for) a handful of figures that are not only for-all-intents-and-purposes retired but also possibly secondhand...

Well, let's just say it's not exactly a great way to endear yourself to a new crowd.

Most definitely a yes from me, and I would go with a wave set up just for the chance of getting more villains.

Mole Man and Moloids are the perfect fit for the army builder

Mr Fantastic/Human Torch

Invisible Woman/Mole Man

Thing/Moleoid

Trenchcoat Thing/Moloids

The Thing Minimate could swap places with The Human Torch So You have Torch and a Johnny Storm As the variant.

You can see the latest uniform design here if you scroll down http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/c...preview-86149/3

If that's to similar to the ones out there is the blue/white costume I can remember.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

I didn't think we needed an update, but the hair/face on that new Reed look great and have convinced me we do.

I know BHM and others are fans, but for me that last FF 4-pack had some of the most "off" face designs I've ever seen in Marvelmates -- Johnny looks like a demon, Sue looks like a Stepford wife with lip collagen, and Reed seems to be making his "o" face :ermm:... I actually love the simplified Ben from the set, but the rest kinda weird me out!

That the FF need to be redone are almost a given. Personally, I'd like to see them in the black/white "Byrne era" costumes.

But once get past the four, then what? FF She-Hulk? Moleman and the Moloids? The wingless Wizard? Annihilus? Blaastar? Diablo? FF Cyrstal? FF Medusa? Psycho Man? Trapster?Redos like Frightful Four Sandman, or Kristoph-Doom? Nonpowered Ben or Johnny?

You could do two waves of nothing but FF goodness and still not cover it all.

I know BHM and others are fans, but for me that last FF 4-pack had some of the most "off" face designs I've ever seen in Marvelmates ....

I am a fan of their simplicity but I totally agree with you about the faces.....Johnny's leering face is hideous but the rest of him is pure brilliance.....in every sense.

I dont have any problem with the FF mates we already have, but some updated ones would be great. I'm not thrilled with the new Reed being battle damaged though. It's cool that it looks like he might come with some "stretch" accessories though. I really dont want a half flamed on Johnny either. Hopefully we'll be getting some cool FF baddies along with the new FF mates!

I love the original figures enough that I don't personally feel the need for updates. However, they would be nice, and would sell to those who missed them the first time around. Though BHM is right in that the original 4 pack, particularly, is cheap and easy to find, you don't run across those in the comic shop. It isn't just getting those to Minimate collectors who are looking for them, but getting them to casual fans who would buy them.

back when I first got into minimates, the FF were the one team I wanted to complete,and was happy when I did. I really like the versions we have, but I would also like to see newer versions,(preferably the blue and white costumes)but just an updated version is just as good, either way I'll like to have both versions.

Count me in for a FF update wave. Current looking costumes or the Byrne era costumes would look great. Just no Sue Richards she-mullet hairpiece. That look was so :yucky:. More villains as well! Doom-bot or moloid army builders please.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I love the ones that have been made but an update would be great