UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I'M DEAD!

TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hey, remember those 2 prototype, hand painted, limited to 5-8 production piece Black Cat statues that showed up on Ebay a while back? The ones I kept freaking out over but couldn't afford even now? No? I do, trust me. Anyways, I found out where they went.

black%20cat%20shelf%201.jpg

Tell me, does anyone know any tricks to getting into a random stranger's will?

• 1 month later...

Look! Green eyes! That's her FA costume. Which is cool. Though she wasn't that busty in '79.

I don't understand why it's $300 though.

EDIT: $260 at CSC seems to be the best. Anyone seen cheaper?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I don't understand why it's $300 though.

Well, it is 17" tall. You don't realize how big a 17" tall statue is until you have it right in front of you. Plus the quality of Sideshow statues is generally much higher than most manufacturers. Also their value tends to increase better than other statues. For popular releases, it's worth it just to buy the statue and sell it a year later. You would probably make a much better profit than investing it elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh now see? I like that pose. Not overly sexy/raunchy, and it looks like something Felicia would actually do. And she's cute rather than risque. That's a cool figure. And after dealing above the C-note range for far too long ("Don't go above the canopy. Never every go above the canopy") $60 seems much more reasonable. Then I think about it and remember why I hate those figures. $60? For plastic? Why? Are these people so inept that they need to charge that much to make their brains work? Or is it simply that like everything else in the accursed Anime style market they CAN charge that much. American Otaku are traitors and drive up prices for the rest of us.

Ladies and Gentlemen, never ever let it be said that complaining doesn't help. It does.

200046_press08-001.jpg

They photoshopped the eyes green. I can only hope this means an actual change and not false advertising. :)

• 3 weeks later...

WAHHH!!! Alter Ego just charged me $200 for the Black Cat bust! Oh man I have $30. All I can say is it is a good thing I had money otherwise I'd be over drawn. I totally forgot I hadn't already paid. I usually pay for my pre orders up front. Should I cancel? Should I try and find the cash real quick? I don't know. All I know is i am staring in dread at another pre-order with them for the Premium Format, and $277 is a huge chunk of change, and I don't know when it'll hit my bank account but I can guarantee I won't have it...

Thoughts? Comments? Snide remarks? Help?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well, 2 down 1 to go. I now have the Legendary scale bust and the Bowen statue. Just waiting on the Premium Format figure (still kinda on the fence about it) and I will have ever single Black Cat statue release from this year. My wallet doesn't want to ever do this again. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...