UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

Dark very dark but very watchable.

I watched 1974 this weekend. Very dark indeed, but I was impressed. Actually being shot on 16 mm film and good costumes, set pieces, etc, this actually looked like a '70s movie. And the character Dawson referring to his "private weakness"... somehow that was the most disturbing thing to me.

LOL, yeah, the infamous cougar trap scene! It's right up there with

Teri's amnesia

from Season 1.

Kim is only a 'main character' for another season or 2, but yes, they ease up on those situations considerably.

But just because they ease up on those situations, don't let that fool you into thinking it doesn't stay ridiculous. Granted, nothing is as ridiculous as Kim's Season 2 story, but, you know, that's her thing.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I started watching season 1 of Glee last week. Amazing. I'm a little ashamed that I didn't give that show a chance earlier on. It is some of the most enjoyable TV I've seen in a good bit. And Emma Pillsbury... :wub:

The new season of Bored To Death starts tonight. That's another gem.

The new season of Bored To Death starts tonight. That's another gem.

I loved the first series and haven't watched the second yet. Glad to see another one liking it.

I recently started watching some new (to me) commedy series: Community and Parks & Recreation and I think both are pretty funny. And I really enjoyed the pilot of New Girl. Hilarious!

Turtle - Glad you like it, my wife and I have been watching Glee since season 1, and it definitely has it's moments, however only a few episodes into Season 3 and it really feels like it is losing steam. Some of the newer main cast members from Season 2 are just gone (I think in an effort to pair down the cast), and it just seems to have lost some of the charm. The creator has already confirmed that when some of the main characters graduate this season, there are no plans to force scenarios into the show to keep them around, which is good to hear.

Twisted Two Face - I forgot to record AHS, thanks for the reminder, it looks like FX is replaying the pilot this week. As for FX, both Sons of Anarchy and Always Sunny have been great so far this season. Looking forward to the return of Justified.

Bob Harris - Parks & Rec and Community are two of my favorite shows on TV. Both shows have a great supporting cast that quite frequently out-shine the 'stars' of the show. Troy and Abed from Community, and Ron and April from Parks & Rec, specifically.

The Office has been surprisingly good without Carrell, and I think it has actually improved. We have been watching the episodes and are surprised by how much it doesn't feel like something is missing, which is what we expected.

The New Girl (we love Zooey, we saw "She & Him" live last year and it was a great concert) is hilarious, but for us, the funniest new show has been "Two Broke Girls". Kat Dennings is hilarious (and hot) and the show is created/produced by Whitney Cummings, but it is FAR funnier than "Whitney" which we expect to be cancelled.

I just watched the first 3 episodes of Prime Suspect, a new police drama, and very impressed with it so far and will be adding it to my queue. I'm also interested in NBC's "Grimm" which premieres in a few weeks.

THAT's what i forgot, Prime Suspect. I usually follow the cop dramas, but the Law and Orders, CSIs, and knock-offs absolutely sucked for the past however many years to the point where my only cop drama...was Psych. Prime Suspect brought something refreshing and is absolutely fantastic, Maria Bello is great casting. For those wanting an actual cop drama to watch again, without the ridiculousness of CSI or the dragging of LaO, this is perfect.

Loving New Girl, but i knew i would ((500) Days of Summer is one of my favorite movies ever), and i actually enjoyed Whitney but i liked her special on Comedy Central so i guess i'm used to her antics.

THAT's what i forgot, Prime Suspect. I usually follow the cop dramas, but the Law and Orders, CSIs, and knock-offs absolutely sucked for the past however many years to the point where my only cop drama...was Psych. Prime Suspect brought something refreshing and is absolutely fantastic, Maria Bello is great casting. For those wanting an actual cop drama to watch again, without the ridiculousness of CSI or the dragging of LaO, this is perfect.

Loving New Girl, but i knew i would ((500) Days of Summer is one of my favorite movies ever), and i actually enjoyed Whitney but i liked her special on Comedy Central so i guess i'm used to her antics.

Spot on analysis of Prime Suspect, it feels more real than the others.

We like Whitney and her boyfriend, but can't stand her douchebag hipster friends.

I love Zooey Deschanel as much as the next guy but i cannot stand New Girl. Theres a limit to how much "IM QUIRKY! " i can take from her and her show is shoving it in my face

I can totally understand that!

Edited by youbastards

Prime Suspect ,as you guys may know ,was originally a UK show & was one of the most accomplished British dramas I have ever seen & starred Helen Mirren. This US show is a reworking of the original & if it is half as good as the UK version it will be brilliant. It really seems odd that this show first aired over 20 years ago here!

Loving New Girl and Happy Endings. We tried Up All Night and Free Agents. Up All Night isn't as funny as we though it would be and Free Agents was better than we expected but it didn't get picked up.

How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory are still the funniest sitcoms on tv IMO.

Person of Interst has been pretty good so far. Still liking Hawaii 5.0.

My wife and I are giving the Ringer a chance since we are fans of Sarah Michelle Gellar (it has only really been so-so).

Can't wait for season two of Walking Dead to start this Sunday!

I'm watching 2 and a half men,How I met your mother,big bang theory,Whitney,starting to watch mike and Molly,and of course the office!I want to try to watch the middle and up all night but I don't watch tv when there on,and there both on at the same time!

ive always been a nbc comedy guy, im obsessed with the office, 30 rock, parks and rec and community.

ive been knee deep in cartoons lately, clone wars, young justice, avengers (season 2 should be starting soon) and im rewatching GI joe renegades (the best GI joe thing EVER)

I was a big proponant of Clone Wars, I enjoyed the movie, most of the first season, and parts of Seasons 2 & 3, but they really need to get a plan of where they are going with the series. Ahsoka is barely even in the show anymore, and the horribly boring Padme/Jar-Jar 'senate' episodes are killing this series for me.

i personally love the senate episodes, they show that theres a lot that goes on during war, not just fighting, and just because your on opposite sides doesnt mean theres good and evil, also im glad they arent over using ahsoka, i want the show to go into many different characters

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still hooked on Treme whilst I noticed earlier that the new series of the The Walking Dead airs tonight . I've also been watching a show on BBC3 called 'Fades' which for British Sci-Fi is pretty damn good with some exceptional young actors .

What I'm not watching is the news ......if I can help it.....what the f*ck is happening to this world?