UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

I thought it was okay. Not great, not bad. I'll certainly give it a few more episodes. But I do wish they'd used a bit more of the Marvel Universe. When the guy shows that he's got super strength, I thought "Luke Cage!" When he wasn't Cage, I was pretty disappointed. I can't say any of the characters, outside of Coulson, really resonated for me. But it did enough to give it a few more viewings.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved it. I think they delivered exactly what was promised: A Whedon show (slightly toned-down) based around an espionage/investigative team set in the MCU. And a flying car. Sure, there weren't any superhero cameos, but the producers have made it pretty clear that that's not what the show is about. I'd be pretty surprised to see too much of that through at least the first half of the season while they give the main cast a chance to establish themselves.

I missed SHIELD but I did watch the return of South Park, which may be my favorite show on TV. And this one was... a little disappointing. But hot damn if it didn't have a great Cartman storyline. God bless Parker and Stone for creating Eric Cartman.

And Korra is now on my radar as I spent the last two weeks or so watching the entirety of Avatar the Last Airbender which may be the single greatest animated show I've ever seen.Among the greatest television shows in general honestly.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Why did they remakes Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? Because Americans are stupid, lazy and greedy.

Haha. Well I understand it for foreign language stuff, I might not agree with it, but I understand the reasoning.

Utopia was a UK show, and was therefore in English...and it was fantastic. It just doesn't need to be remade.

Why did they remakes Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? Because Americans are stupid, lazy and greedy.

Haha. Well I understand it for foreign language stuff, I might not agree with it, but I understand the reasoning.

Utopia was a UK show, and was therefore in English...and it was fantastic. It just doesn't need to be remade.

But it's not American and therefore bad.

• 2 months later...

Is anyone watching Person of Interest? I love it so much. It started as something that could have aired opposite of Knight Rider where this nerdy guy built a computer program for the US government that hacks video feeds to track criminals only he didnt trust the government so he built a back door where the computer identifies a person each week who is either going to kill someone or is in danger. This drives the weekly episodes where the nerd and his crew of reformed ex-CIA toughs save people.

Only the show has turned into something much more clever and at times dark where the computer system is becoming sentient and its motives are not always so clear cut.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Utopia (UK) is back for a second series in July. There is a trailer online, but I didn't want to link to it, as it has major spoilers (Major Spoilers reporting for duty) for series 1.

Do yourself a favor, if you haven't seen the first series, avoid the advert/trailer like the plague....and hurry up and watch season 1.

Avatar: The Legend of Korra (Book 3) is back and started in a good way. I'm still watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nick's cartoon), one of the greatest TMNT's cartoon. For now it's only these since all series that I watch have not returned after their seasons finales (Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Arrow, Vikings and Sons of Anarchy).

Anyone watching Penny Dreadful? I'm about to start...

I've watched the first 4 episodes and thought that they were quite good. The performances were great and the atmosphere was well constructed as well. I'd give it a go if I were you.

Edited by Kostisfire

Korra premiere was incredible. Love the new tone and dynamic. I want Kai killed off already though; I'm all for more characters but what a little douche. The villains seem immensely cool.

So Tyrant on FX is INSANE. Tyrant may be my pick for best show of the summer. What a fucking series premiere that was, oh man. Halt and Catch Fire is slow, but it's clearly another AMC character study so i'm sticking with it for now.

• 6 months later...

Watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Just started a couple months back, and I'm well into season 3 at this point. It always seemed to be a bit cheesy to me in the past, so I never gave it a real shot until now. Glad I did, though. I'm also watching the Stand on Netflix, which despite the low production quality is a pretty good show, and pretty dang faithful to the book 1/2 way through.