UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Series finale to The Office was fantastic biggrin.png

I thought it was okay. I don't think it's going to hold up very well on repeated viewings, once people have gotten past their emotional connection to the show. I bailed on the show even before Steve Carrel left, so most of my feelings for the show and characters have long since faded (on the other hand, I didn't suffer though some of the really lousy episodes over the last few years either). The one bit that really bugged me, that I thought was just the sloppiest storytelling I've ever seen, was Erin's parents. They just... show up. That's it, plotline resolved, no need for any messy emotions or, y'know, proof. Hey, Ed Begley must be her father, because they dance the same way! rolleyes.gif

So, who's watching Arrested Development tonight? We watched the first five, I think. It's... yeah. I dunno. Just not quite clicking. It's kind of what I feared would be the case. But I'll watch the rest, no doubt.

I'm about half way through and yeah I can see why it may not be clicking with people, but i've been loving it. I just don't see how people expect it to be exactly the same as how it was nearly 10 years ago. It's completely understandable that the actors had to fit this in with their already busy schedules, and yet none of them are phoning it in.

The cameos have been great too.

We finished it last night, and it definitely got stronger as it went along. The last few episodes are really, really funny. The structure doesn't completely work, but there's some really funny stuff all the way throughout.

I finally got to watch it all the way through

WOW

I understand what people say when they think it was a little off in the beginning but I think it was great :D even if it wasnt as hilarious as the original show, the writing and editing and use of recurring motifs was utterly fantastic!

I also loved all the Marvel jokes :D

The Red Wedding.

I haven't read the Game of Thrones books, so that caught me totally off guard. About ten minutes before the end of the episode, I turned to my wife and said, "you know, everything seems to be going really well for everyone in this episode. That's weird."

LOL, yeah, that's pretty much how it went down in the book. That 2 week wait was killer, knowing what was coming. They did a great job of adding some levity to the episode too, the looks exchanged regarding the Frey daughters, the banter with Robb and his wife, all little moments to make the viewer more at ease, and then hit them with that final scene.

Spoiler below contains some more book details if you want to read.

Robb's wife (a completely different character in the book) wasn't pregnant or at the wedding, so that scene was extra violent compared to the book. Robb's soldiers were outside the castle, in tents, and drunk. The tents were rigged to allow them to collapse, and then were set on fire to kill his soldiers. I kind of wish they had showed that. There is another scene that I'm hoping makes it into next week's episode that shows what happens to the bodies of Robb and Catlyn.

Edited by youbastards

LOL, yeah, that's pretty much how it went down in the book. That 2 week wait was killer, knowing what was coming. They did a great job of adding some levity to the episode too, the looks exchanged regarding the Frey daughters, the banter with Robb and his wife, all little moments to make the viewer more at ease, and then hit them with that final scene.

Spoiler below contains some more book details if you want to read.

Robb's wife (a completely different character in the book) wasn't pregnant or at the wedding, so that scene was extra violent compared to the book. Robb's soldiers were outside the castle, in tents, and drunk. The tents were rigged to allow them to collapse, and then were set on fire to kill his soldiers. I kind of wish they had showed that. There is another scene that I'm hoping makes it into next week's episode that shows what happens to the bodies of Robb and Catlyn.

OH GOD THE BODIES! [sob] That was undoubtedly one of the most grotesque images in the books. Ever. I... wow the Red Wedding man. Just hurts me every time.

yea watched episode 9 of season 3 of GoT and was completely blindsided.

If you like GoT give vikings a watch. No butts or boobs in it and not as gory but I found it good.

Is Vikings on Sky anywhere? Or is it only Netflix or something?

And yeah, GoT, bloody hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started watching Doctor Who. Yes, I know, I'm late to the party, but better late than never. tongue.png

I am prepping up to start delving into Doctor Who territory, as well. It's a bit intimidating, I gotta say.

And I can't believe how not-ready I was for "Red Wedding" EVEN after reading the books. I was still screaming and tearing up.