UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a couple of shows here in the UK but not sure if theyve made it out to the US.

Black Mirror, which is actually a bit gross/freaky at times. 2 series, with 3 short films in each series that are kind of satirical looks at how we rely on technology and social networking etc.

I understand that Robert Downey Jr has picked up the rights to make a movie of one of the series 1 episodes (The Entire History of You) which was the best of that bunch, but I have to say that the two episodes aired so far in series 2 have been brilliant.

The second show I've been watching finished last week and is called Utopia. One series, six episodes. And I won't mention anything of plot etc as don't want to risk spoiling it. But Wikipedia calls it a 'British conspiracy thriller' and gives an intro of 'the story follows a small group of people who find themselves in possession of the manuscript sequel of a cult graphic novel called "The Utopia Experiments" which is rumoured to have predicted the worst disasters of the last century.' And that's about as good a description as any.

After initially struggling with Utopia I came to love it & Series 2 is on its way !

The initial scenes where all the guys/gals who converse on a forum decide to meet up is absolutely classic stuff ........anybody who has finally met people that they have only previously 'spoken' to on the internet will relate [to them] .

The show has enough going for it to become something pretty special whilst one of the baddies is a particularly f8c&ed up piece of work .....love him turned.gif

Thanks for the UK tips, UK guys! Have either of you (or anyone else) watched Rickey Gervais' new show?

Really want to check out the Americans, but Hulu only has it available through their website (as opposed to streaming directly to my tv), and we sometimes struggle to find time to watch those shows, since generally one of us is using the computer while we're watching tv.

Anyone hear watch House of Cards on Netflix?

I'd always planned on watching it when it aired originally but I just started watching SLIDERS last night on Netflix with Jerry O'Connell. Lousy special effects and the acting is well....non-existent at times (especially from his girlfriend) but I love the premise of the show. I'm also catching up on AMAZING STORIES (if you haven't watched the GO TO THE HEAD OF THE CLASS episode, you're missing it out- just brilliant thanks to the Spielburg/Zemeckis/Christopher "Doc Brown" Lloyd ensemble.

Current tv?

New Girl

Parks and Rec

Modern Family

Happy Endings

Walking Dead

TMNT

Bubble Guppies with my daughter (:

the later seasons of sliders actually pick up quite a bit as I remember, but i think it also involved a full revamp of most of the cast. its been a looong time. Amazing Stories in no way, shape or form got the air time it deserved, the B-17 episode is my personal favorite, unprecedented production values all the way around for the era.

Edited by BannersID

The Walking Dead has still got my attention and I like it. The fact that it does not follow the books is great because even though I've read them, I never know what going to happen next on the show.

The Office is nearly done, so TWD will be the only show I follow these days.

I know I am in the minority, but I think The Office has gotten better with Michael Scott's departure, and with the show ending, they've been able to have some pretty fun storylines. The recent Dwight/Angela episode with Dwight's Aunt was great, and I like how the camera crew story is starting to unfold. Andy's 3 month trip and return has been fun too, they aren't afraid to take characters you once liked and make you dislike them (Ryan, Andy...Jim?).

Edited by youbastards

After initially struggling with Utopia I came to love it & Series 2 is on its way !

I recorded them all and saved them up. I started watching on Friday as had the day off work, and i finished the series...on Friday! Be interested to see where they can go with series 2, I didn't realise they were doing another.

The initial scenes where all the guys/gals who converse on a forum decide to meet up is absolutely classic stuff ........anybody who has finally met people that they have only previously 'spoken' to on the internet will relate [to them] .

Meet in the Wetherspoons....wear blue. Also, I'm pretty sure I said something to you along the lines of 'i didn't expect you to be pretty' when we had our meet up :lol:

The show has enough going for it to become something pretty special whilst one of the baddies is a particularly f8c&ed up piece of work .....love him turned.gif

Must be Arby.

Did anyone/does anyone watch Misfits? Now that was spectacular in the early days, and is still a good laugh now. One of the cast members is in Utopia, which is actually what prompted me to watch it.

Thanks for the UK tips, UK guys! Have either of you (or anyone else) watched Rickey Gervais' new show?

Yes and I really really like it. I think it's the best thing he's done, although my friends all argued the toss with me on that one. It's not amazingly funny, but has its moment, and is very touching. I have teared up in very episode so far. If you're not getting it in the US, the pilot was out last year, so you may find that online.

Plus it's got Karl in it. What's not to like :lol:

Also, I saw the latest episode of the Walking Dead today. It took a while for the show to get going, but now it has, it's absolutely brilliant. Two series in the last 6 months have made me actually shout out loud in my living room, Boardwalk Empire, and now this.

Edited by UK Collector

@Shanester and Youbastards: I actually gave up on the Office before Michael Scott even left. For me, the end of the show's glory days was the Michael Scott Paper Company arc, which not coincidentally coincides with Mike Schur leaving the writing staff to create Parks & Recreations.

@ UK Collector: I appreciate the mini review; I'll have to check it out. I'm actually more interested in it for Karl then anything else. Is Merchant involved at all? I know that he's got his own show in the works on (I think) HBO. He's actually my favorite of the lot.

Edited by hellpop

• 2 weeks later...

@ UK Collector: I appreciate the mini review; I'll have to check it out. I'm actually more interested in it for Karl then anything else. Is Merchant involved at all? I know that he's got his own show in the works on (I think) HBO. He's actually my favorite of the lot.

No Merchant involvement. My girlfriend also loves him!

It was the season finale last week, and it didn't disappoint. We were both sat with tears running.

The last first run episodes of Green Lantern and Young Justice were broadcast last weekend.

Both series ended well - too bad WB is not committed to keeping them on the air.

Any other fans?

You're right, more likley to be CN's fault than WB's. Was the real reason for cancelling both series ever revealed?

• 1 month later...

Season finale of Community was tonight. Probably the worst episode of the series IMO :( But I think overall I enjoyed this season a lot more than I expected. So if it doesn't end up getting renewed (which we should find out any time now) I'm still happy with this show's run. #sixseasonsandamovie

I watch:

Pawn Stars, Kings of Restoration, The Pickers, Bamazon, Duck Dynasty and Storage Wars, and sometimes Storage Wars: Texas. Oh and the Voice Season 4.

Season finale to Supernatural was INTENSE

I agree 100%!!! Now that the semester is over I finally had the chance to catch up on Supernatural. Can't wait for the next season.