UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

Has anyone seen the movie "OldBoy"? Its this asian film about a man who gets kidnapped for 15 years,then seeks revenge when he's released. It truly is the PERFECT revenge film, ive seen it 4 days ago and it still gives me chills. I highly recommend that you all see it,it really is a great film.

Edited by BrobotC

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April 1st.

Winter is coming

Are you all prepared?

Personally... no. No I am not prepared. I have to watch 4 more episodes. Which shouldn't be so hard. But knowing what comes in A Clash of Kings I'm STOKED for Season 2 of Game of Thrones!

The new Ultimate Spidey cartoon (thank you online streaming!)

Just watched the first double episode and I'm a bit not taken with it. it aint a toon version of the Ultimate comics To much Scott Pilgrimy and Asian influence.

Plus points, it mentioned Irving Forbush and Stan Lee is the janitor

Minus points too much 4th wall talking, this is Spidey not Deadpool. Amazing Friends 2.0. Scott Pilgrim arcade style fighting.

ultimate spidey was a winner for me, yes i think spectacular was better, but i feel this has a chance of competing with the 90's show which i loved dearly. This show has great villain choices, nice continuity with the rest of the animated marvel universe, great characters and supporting heroes, its not based on ultimate (i was so glad that it was more 616) and they have some great stylistic animation.

also ive been watching Young Justice since its premiere (my birthday in 2010) and it is the best animated show EVER, and i do mean EVER. there is nothing bad i can say about this show. every character is well written, all the designs are thought out, the cast of characters is immense, its just an amazing cartoon show. Id go as far as to say its DC's best animated show EVER.

Been watching the fades on Blueray. Some of the finest TV to come out of the UK. really great stuff. Like a darker, sexier Buffy.

Fades is excellent though not for youngsters. I'm struggling with Grimm,Touch & Alcatraz although I'm hanging in,they may get better esp.Alcatraz.

Apparently the latest UK version of 'Titanic' will air in the States during the 100th Anniversary week,I've been watching it & sorry I reckon it's dire stuff. Stereotypical English aristos,American millionos ,poor old Irish refugees in 'steerage',class-war on each deck & every level ...total crap IMHO.

What do I like ? 'Inspector Montalbano' ...Italian detective show which is superb depite the subtitles.

I have Grimm and Alcatraz on series record so will watch them in a few big blocks. Touch I dont mind but I think its going to burn out I cant see the premise holding up over time.

Once upon a time I watched an didn't mind but along with Grimm I just think its hanging on the Twilight coattails. I'm waiting on the new Game of Thrones.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Three episodes in and and all I want for Xmas is for Ultimate Spiderman to be axed. Good god that was dire. Its like its target audience is teletubbie fans.

just to kiddie for me I can do tongue in cheek cartoons I liked Batman Brave and Bold and that didn't take itself serious, USM just seems to be we dont know what to do so lets make Spidey talk to the viewers and body morph the characters into anime style everychance we get.

Some of the cut in sequences and vocals actually made me cringe.

"One to grow on" with a little chubby spidey with a rainbow trail!

"Doom demands a Banana Split" and "I just webbed my shorts"

sorry this at the moment rates as a low point for Spidey TV for me. :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

got to agree with everything you said Fiend. Been watching with the girlfriend, and we were both laughing throughout, for all the wrong reasons. After the first couple, we turned to each other and almost in unison said 'oh my god, how sh*t was that?!'

given up already.

not watching much myself at the moment, glad Avengers is back. Game of Thrones is pretty much all I'm watching. Need to catch up on the last series of Mad Men before I can watch the current. Have tried to get into Breaking Bad, just not convinced so far... but feel the need to persist given that everyone loves it.

I watch Supernatural, Grimm, Big Bang. I haven't seen Game of Thrones but I wanna watch an episode to see if I like it, I've heard good things about the show. Was watching Walking Dead til the season ended, can't wait til next season!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watch the season premiere of Young Justice? It was pretty good. I'm liking all the new characters, but it's almost overwhelming. Really like the additions of Batgirl and Tim Drake Robin and Blue Beetle is a suprise.

i have been addicted to young justice since i first saw the teasers at SDCC 09, so yes, i watched the premiere, so far my only complaint is the relationship between Lagoon Boy and Miss Martian since im partial to Superboy :P

i predicted there would be a time lapse so they could introduce the next wave of heroes, such as Tim, Jaime and Beastboy, also im hoping we see some flash backs of Jason Todd

Anyone watch the season premiere of Young Justice? It was pretty good. I'm liking all the new characters, but it's almost overwhelming. Really like the additions of Batgirl and Tim Drake Robin and Blue Beetle is a suprise.

i have been addicted to young justice since i first saw the teasers at SDCC 09, so yes, i watched the premiere, so far my only complaint is the relationship between Lagoon Boy and Miss Martian since im partial to Superboy :P

i predicted there would be a time lapse so they could introduce the next wave of heroes, such as Tim, Jaime and Beastboy, also im hoping we see some flash backs of Jason Todd

Jason Todd? Do you mean Dick Grayson? Also: This show needs more LOBO!

Jason Todd? Do you mean Dick Grayson? Also: This show needs more LOBO!

They set it up, with Dick looking so concerned for Tim, that Jason might have existed in the time lapse.

I'm not sure how i like the skip yet. I really liked where we had the team at the end; i never like Jaime, not sold on this Beat Boy yet, and hate Lagoon Boy's attitude and breaking up of M'gann and Connor already. Ridiculous, if they were going to develop all of those characters so much, that they'd just throw it all to the curb. I miss Zatanna being important, too.

That said, Nightwing is great, Cassie is VERY welcome, and i like the Godfrey angle. He was played by Tim Curry, btw, WHICH ROCKS. But they're going to have to overhaul it a lot to make me like it as much as season 1.

im thinking this season will cut back to the time of the last seasona few times to bridge the gaps, and they seem to know what their doing with character devolpment, so i trust them to make me love all the characters, even lagoon boy, and i trust them to get conner and megan back together

People have been divided about Season 4, with how the show handled the big twist at the end of Season 3. Personally, it hasn't bothered me much at all (at least after the first few weeks), but some viewers just haven't been able to get over it. Still, I'm very excited to see where this show's going to go over its' last 15 hours.

Oh my Godness! I just came across this series produced in OZ and it is beyond hilarious: DANGER5!

It's a very weired mix of Thunderbirds, Charlie's Angels, 60s Batman and the old Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker stuff. It's set in a 1960s version of WWII (sic!) with a special team called DANGER5 fighting Hitler and the Nazis. In the opening scene of the first episode Nazi rigid airships are stealing the Eiffel tower! Beyond words!

It's a multi-lingual comedy, everybody talks in their native tongue - and is understood by everybody else - and as far as I can tell, they really used native speakers for their French, German and Russian characters. Great job!

Edited by Bob Harris

• 3 months later...

Currently working my way through "Deadliest Warrior", and loving most of it. The trash talk in the earlier episodes gets a bit old, but watching the various weapons can deal is freakin' sweet. Keeping up on FX's rendition of "Wilfred" as well.

I also recently re-watched "Firefly", "IT Crowd", "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace" and "Community".

Looking forward to new episodes of "Sons of Anarchy", "The Office", "Parks and Recreation", "Game of Thrones", "Community", and eventually... "Arrested Development" haha.

Edited by Marquis de Carabas