UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

So I read about and then watched a new show that premiered on the Travel channel on Sunday night called Toy Hunters. It was about a guy who goes to collector's and toy designer's homes and bargains to buy their toys so that he can take them and sell them at NYCC at his toy booth. It was interesting and fun to watch. He brokered a vintage rocket firing Boba Fett selling it for $17,000! I of course think it is a great idea for a show but don't know how long they could keep it going with just this one guy it would need to be expanded. Anyone else catch that show?

Edited by gambitron

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching a relatively new series called Fresh Meat, it stars Joe Thomas from the Inbetweeners. I've only watched 4 episodes but i do like it. :)

I got Battlestar Gallactica as a wildcard entry in my dvd presents at christmas, just sat down and watched it tonight and i have to say i really enjoyed it :biggrin:

My name is kip land dynamite

I live in Preston Idaho

143 chipneylanegreen

Return me to my grandmaaa...

Napoleon dynamite caught my eye and I am loving it!I missed the premiere and my on demand only has the first 2 episodes up,but I love it!Though it seems not everyone else is because some are panning it...

Edited by darkredshdow

• 3 weeks later...

Community returning is indeed good news. The ratings suck, but so does the ratings for every other show on NBC (30 Rock, apparently, has had even worse ratings then Community in it's old time slot). I wouldn't be all that surprised, actually, to see Community get another season; it wouldn't be the first time NBC kept around a low-rated but critically-acclaimed show (see: Chuck).

BTW, NBC has made the pilot for their new show Awake available on various online platforms. It's really quite good.

Just finished season 1 of Lillehammer on Netflix, this is Netflix' first exclusive series.

Steven Van Zandt plays a mobster that turns in his boss and chooses to go to Lillehammer, Norway because he liked the city when he watched the Olympics. He quickly begins building his own 'family' and trouble quickly finds him.

It is really low budget, most of the dialogue is subtitled (except Van Zandt, who only speaks English and can understand everything that the other characters say), but the show has some charm that made me watch all 8 episodes.

I agree about Portlandia, great show, even though I usually can't stand Fred Armisen.

The most amazing thing just happened (a week ago) right after the most disappointing thing happend (two weeks ago). (Might be exaggerated.)

My girlfriend and I do share a lot of favorite tv-shows and movies, but of course, there's always the stuff that only one of us likes.

Me: Walking Dead - she: Being Erica.

But usually, if we're really convinced by the pure awesomeness of something, we ask the other to look into it - sometimes it works. Community is something we both love. And Modern Family. And Sherlock.

That's the scenario.

Now here's the thing that was REALLY disappointing:

Two weeks ago, after I helped her out with some detailed draft for a teaching unit - she's becoming a teacher in May - she finally agreed on watching: Batman Begins. She's absolutely not into any superhero stuff and she doesn't really know who's Batman besides how he looks. So after some years of hinting on watching it and feeling that day might never happen, she says, let's watch Batman. OMG! :ohmy:

First downer: when Bruce is fighting those ninjas as part of his training in the beginning, she stands up and gets herself a tea, saying she'll be back in time he's finished with them. I mean, OK, I'm not too much into action sequences either and she might be right. What's really important is the whole origins story, right? And later on The Dark Knight. She liked Alfread a lot, though.

Well, the movie ended eventually and I was already planning to show her The Dark Knight a few days later, knowing that TDK is even better, but you should see BB first, if you have no clue who he is, right?

Then she said the words: I think Batman's boring. He has no sense of humor. He's way too grim. I don't like him.

:geek:

I felt a great disturbance in the Batcave, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I witnessed something terrible happening.

Now here's the thing that was REALLY amazing:

So a week after this, the most incredible thing happend. Something I would've never dreamed of. We were watching Sherlock. Both series. We both loved it. That honestly is some of the best stuff produced lately. So she was really into it. I mean me, too. But she's browsing through the web reading about all the theories people coming up on

how Sherlock might have survived his "suicide" in the last episode

. We even started reading Doyle's original stories. Anyway. So she was really anxious for the series to continue, and needed, well, some kind of a fix.

And then she said those words: Let's watch Doctor Who.

:woot:

We started with the 9th Doctor last week and just bought series 2-5 on amazon.co.uk. I'm one happy guy.

We even started reading Doyle's original stories. Anyway. So she was really anxious for the series to continue, and needed, well, some kind of a fix.

The original stories are great! I think the show does a surprisingly good job of updating the source material while keeping it smart and fun. I'm still waiting for Series 2 to air over here though. Sigh...

Downton Abbey... I'm not really sure what happened there. So much promise, so much craft, so much heart in Series 1. Series 2 with each episode just kept slipping away from that until... I'm just not even sure it's the same show.

Has anyone watched Awake? It looks cool, but I haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

The latest series of Murdoch Mysteries just started and the latest series of Castle and I'm a fan of both.

Waiting on Alcatraz and I think its called Touch to start in the UK.

I have heard good things about Luck but I don't have the channel it airs on so will catch it at a later date.

Has anyone watched Awake? It looks cool, but I haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

It was interesting, no idea if the concept will hold up in the long term though. Some really good actors in it, especially the lead, I thought he was great in Case Histories last year too. Hard to believe he's the same guy from the Harry Potter movies.

Winter is coming to my dorm room because I got the Game of Thrones boxset. It was a good deal and I thought the series deserved another shot. I'm glad I gave it that second shot. I've liked the series a lot more now that I've watched more than episode one.

I bought Game of Thrones yesterday as well and LOVE IT! I love the family tree and map of the seven kingdoms insert.

I just started watching this on demand yesterday, and after seeing a couple episodes I'm enjoying the heck out of it.