UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turtle - Glad you like it, my wife and I have been watching Glee since season 1, and it definitely has it's moments, however only a few episodes into Season 3 and it really feels like it is losing steam. Some of the newer main cast members from Season 2 are just gone (I think in an effort to pair down the cast), and it just seems to have lost some of the charm. The creator has already confirmed that when some of the main characters graduate this season, there are no plans to force scenarios into the show to keep them around, which is good to hear.

I'm only one episode behind now, and I totally see what you're saying. It feels like a lot of forced and (strange to say) unrealistic melodrama. Hopefully it'll settle back in soon enough.

I've been catching up on Breaking Bad (season 3). Best show currently on TV by a long shot IMO. But not wholly pleasant. My wife refuses to watch it. :lol:

What I'm not watching is the news ......if I can help it.....what the f*ck is happening to this world?

You and me both. Bums me out. I found out Quadaffi was killed last week because I was told by an elderly woman at the washateria.

Edited by karamazov80

• 3 weeks later...

Been watching Alpha's on catch up TV at first I was unimpressed just thinking it a Heroes knockoff. but just caught the episode with Lindsay Wagner in playing the same character from her Warehouse 13 episodes.

So that mean Warehouse 13, Alpha's and Town Called Eureka all have a shared universe that to me is a great idea and now I am more interested in Alpha's because of it.

I'm also enjoying Death in Paradise on BBC its a detective show set in the Caribbean with an out of place British policeman. its very laid back and for me should be on on a Sunday evening as it just seems suited to it.

So it seems that Community may be canceled! :down:

IMO one of the most original and creative shows on TV and NBC appears to be throwing it under the bus for f***ing Whitney! :angry:

tumblr_luqiwcpS0H1qan32io1_500.gif

first of all, its idiotic of them to cancel community, seeing as 30 rock wont be coming back till 2012 and its a major part of their thursday line up, secondly, its one of the best shows EVER.

the only way i can see this working is that they do an episode where the show gets fake cancelled and troy and abed bring it back while making a ton of fire fly references

I'm currently playing catch up on Parks and Recreation and think this show is hilarious. I kind of wish Community would make its way to instant streaming on Netflix. Between this and Big Bang Theory I tend to forget they are on Thursdays these days. As far as current shows, I'm watching Raising Hope, ABC's Wednesday night comedy block and 2 broke girls. We are still watching Two and a half men, but only because it is such a fucking train wreck and want to see how it all ends.

Forgot to include Terranova on my list. It's good and picks up after the first two episodes. I also liked Falling Skies this summer and Terranova is of similar quality. I hope we get season 2.

It's not Emmy material but fun none-the-less.

One last comment: I hate The Office and Two-and-a-Half Men now.

not really watching but this could cool if it happens http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/11/22/syfy-orders-pilot-script-for-booster-gold/

:O Booster Gold is one of my favorite dc charecters so this should be interesting.

Nothing really changed from my last update,but beavis and butthead is great!

• 2 weeks later...

So, what did people think of the season finale of Sons of Anarchy? That show is great, but I had issues with what happened with Danny Trejo's character, especially after things he did earlier this season. I feel like they set up next season to be a really good wrap to the series, and I hope they don't try to draw things out any longer than another year.

We finally decided to drop a few series, Walking Dead, Grimm (ugh - couldn't make it past the third episode) and Once Upon A Time.

- Walking Dead, I wanted to like you, I really really did, but you let me down. If I wanted to watch a bunch of idiots argue and backstab, I'd spend more time with my relatives.

- Grimm wanted to be Angel or Buffy so badly, that it forgot that the WRITING was what made Angel and Buffy stand out. Grimm just didn't have it, at all.

- Once Upon A Time we actually enjoyed, but fell too far behind to play catch up. Maybe we'll revisit on DVD/Netflix.

Now that SoA is over for the year, we're looking forward to Justified starting up next month.

As for Community, it may not be cancelled after all, however almost all of the main cast have made guest appearances on The Soup, and they all blame McCale for the problems, it's pretty funny. Last week's foozeball episode was a perfect example of why that show rocks on so many levels. Looking forward to the Holiday 'hiatus' episode tonight.

I decided after the first episode to just catch Walking Dead all at once on DVD. My wife watches both the fairy tale shows, and I don't like either one at all. I've been anxiously awaiting the Blu Ray compilation of season 2 of Justified. But what that means is I'll probably fall behind on season 3 and will have to wait for the next year to see it! Funny enough, her other "must watch" show every week is the Soup, which I enjoy, though I've not seen much of Community.

I picked up seasons 3 and 4 of MadMen on Black Friday for $8 each (Blu Rays!), so. . .I'll eventually watch those as well. . .once I get through season 2 of MadMen and season 3 of my current favorite non-football show, Breaking Bad.

Edited by karamazov80

Walking Dead ? I dunno..probably not my favourite show but the final scene from the final episode from the Season 2 break (ep.7) made for harrowingly (?) superb viewing & made it somehow worth watching the previous weeks' drivel.

Current loves ...Braquo (FX) ...brilliant though implausible French cop drama.....The Killing 2 (BBC3) ,brilliant Danish cop drama that I wish the days away before seeing the next 2 hours of sheer class on a Saturday night......

American Horror Story(FX)....what can I say ? This show slips below whatever level of taste you might hope you might have. I'm still wrangling with myself whether the actress who plays Adelaide is perhaps the bravest actress I have ever seen in my entire life or perhaps the most manipulated . Adelaide has Downs Syndrome & is played by an actress by the name of Jamie Brewer ...whose performance is absolutely fucking stunning ,forgive my lack of a decent adverb I can't think of a better superlative. The show is sick in every possible meaning of the word.

The Weather Forecast ......a complete joke ,funniest show on TV .....I mean THE Weather Forecast,the one that is included at the end of the Apocalypse Soon News.

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 2 weeks later...

Dexter. Season. Finale. Words. Cannot. Fathom.

DEB, NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR CONFESSIONS OF LOVE COULD HAVE WAITED!!!!

Seriously, has there ever been a cliffhanger at the end of a previous season? And If there was, not like this.

While it was kinda predictable, still, HOLY CRAP!

Other notes:

-I absolutely hated the Deb in love w/ Dex, but let's just throw that aside now!

-Wish they would have addressed the mannequin hand. I mean its kinda just sitting on top of Dex's fridge, opened.

-Harrison is adorable.

-Kinda hope Quinn ends up leaving, he's a totally predictable bore.

Overall, season 6 was pretty damn good once it focused on just Travis. Was it as good as 4 or 5? I would lean towards no. But i'd rank it higher than 2 and 3 for sure.

Edited by Punisher

American Horror Story(FX)....what can I say ? This show slips below whatever level of taste you might hope you might have. I'm still wrangling with myself whether the actress who plays Adelaide is perhaps the bravest actress I have ever seen in my entire life or perhaps the most manipulated . Adelaide has Downs Syndrome & is played by an actress by the name of Jamie Brewer ...whose performance is absolutely fucking stunning ,forgive my lack of a decent adverb I can't think of a better superlative. The show is sick in every possible meaning of the word.

I have been Loving AHS! The level with which you are expected to suspend disbelief in the first couple of episodes is quite a big ask, but once you're in - you're in!

Addie is fantastic. I wish she was in the show more!

I've watched all the episodes that have aired in the US though, and i gotta say i'm not sure what left for the show. They have done so much in the first dozen episodes, that i'm worried they have gone to far to be able to follow up with a good season 2.

• 4 weeks later...