UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

What channel showed Dead Set over there?

I haven't seen it but it was shown on E4 & then on Channel 4 . For those who don't know E4 is the obscure baby -brother of Channel 4 which is the 2nd.commercial mainstream channel . Deadwood BTW has never been shown on the main UKTV networks which are BBC1,BBC2,ITV,C4 & C5.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What channel showed Dead Set over there?

I haven't seen it but it was shown on E4 & then on Channel 4 . For those who don't know E4 is the obscure baby -brother of Channel 4 which is the 2nd.commercial mainstream channel . Deadwood BTW has never been shown on the main UKTV networks which are BBC1,BBC2,ITV,C4 & C5.

Ah, the channel that brought us Spaced, Black Books, and the IT Crowd. I would think that, content-wise, if they showed Dead Set they could get away with showing the Walking Dead.

No BHM1? That's a channel I think we could all turn on, tune in, and drop out to.

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard that BBC4 are going to be showing I think a Dirk Gently series (not sure if its a one off or a series) from Thursday the 16th. I loved the novels they actually made me laugh out loud on a number of occasions, especially the Thor bits.

So I was quite excited to hear that this was coming to TV but having seen the trailer I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Here it is to make up your own minds.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the new episode of Primeval and while I'm not a major fant it had a teaser for the next episode which will feature a very humanoid lizard creature.

The reason I say it is that its very Curt Conners Lizard looking. if you get to catch it keep an eye out for it.

Just watched the new episode of Primeval and while I'm not a major fant it had a teaser for the next episode which will feature a very humanoid lizard creature.

The reason I say it is that its very Curt Conners Lizard looking. if you get to catch it keep an eye out for it.

PRIMEEVAL IS BACK!!!??? :woot:

anyway currently im rewatching every episode of smallville too really apreaciate season 10. im really into cartoons so; avengers earth mightiest heroes, clone wars and batman the brave and the bold are on my list. as for live action im curently watching the office,30 rock and community

I just finished the last episode of Walking Dead, and I have to say that my interest in the show waned over the 6 episodes. Episode 6 sat on our DVR for almost a month before we got around to watching it.

I thought the series started off strong, but around episode 4 it just seemed to get a little stale. I'll definitely check out season 2, and hopefully due to the success of the first season, the effects budget will increase a little. The special effects of the 'big scene' in episode 6 made me feel like I was watching a made-for-SyFy movie... <_<

I would like to see more emphasis on the group interacting with the zombies, and less bickering amongst themselves. That first episode of the Sheriff wandering the town and interacting with the zombie in the park was amazing. I know others have said this is a "human drama that happens to have zombies", but the human drama element is pretty weak, either due to the script or the acting, and other than the Sheriff, I don't give a crap if any of the other characters live or die....except for Marita Covarrubias...she needs to die soon.

I will finish by saying that I appreciate what they are trying to do with the series, but when compared to the quality of other shows that are currently running on other cable channels, they need to really improve season 2 to keep my interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have to confess something.

I know little or next to nothing about Dr. Who. :blush:

I barely remember watching some of the 1980's shows with my older brother when I was young, the Dr. with the multicolored scarf and the afro ;) , but I don't remember much about it.

If I were to try to get into the show, would you recommend that I start with the older episodes, or just skip to the relauch from a few years ago. There is a spin-off show too, Torchwood right?

If I skip to the newer series, is there any continuity references that I won't get?

I'm a big fan of British humo(u)r, but have never embraced British SF and feel I am missing out.

I'm a big fan of British humo(u)r, but have never embraced British SF and feel I am missing out.

I am sure I will alienate myself immediately from my fellow-Brits by saying that the recent 3 Doctors are far and away the best stuff we have ever seen & I have seen the bloody lot. There are some iconic moments over the last 40 odd years which were great at the time but don't pass the test of time.

Torchwood was actually a revelation,a British production that again actually competes with & surpasses many US Sci-fi shows.Torchwood however suffered IMO from its writers subliminal agenda which became wearing even to its most open-minded viewer....... I am he & I found it oppressive .

If I were to try to get into the show, would you recommend that I start with the older episodes, or just skip to the relauch from a few years ago. There is a spin-off show too, Torchwood right?

If I skip to the newer series, is there any continuity references that I won't get?

I'd just start with this past season, it had a whole new cast and showrunner so is a perfect jumping-on point. I'm sure there are references and in-jokes you might not get, but I doubt it'd be hard to follow for a new viewer -- the format of the show means the Doctor explains anything important to whoever his current assistant is.

I'd just start with this past season, it had a whole new cast and showrunner so is a perfect jumping-on point. I'm sure there are references and in-jokes you might not get, but I doubt it'd be hard to follow for a new viewer -- the format of the show means the Doctor explains anything important to whoever his current assistant is.

i disagree completley, i think you need to start from the 9th doctor(never remember his name, he played destro :P )

and work your way through the tennant era, THAN watch season 5 and so on, season 1-4 really introduce you to the monsters,aliens and characters that reapear in every season

Yes, Minister is a good British show, IMO.

Caught an episode of Law and Order: UK a few weeks ago. It was less than good, IMO.

I started watching Breaking Bad season 2 last weekend. So far, awesome as expected. This has got to be one of the top 2 or 3 shows currently on TV. Honestly, I think it is far better than Walking Dead.