UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBCIPlayer is your friend :)

Sadly I player doesn't work outside of the UK, something to do with TV licenses etc...

I guess with some effort I could set up a proxy but it's way more effort than it's worth.

On a brighter note I've seen the first two episodes of the new sherlock and thought it was good, not quite as awesome as I'd been hoping, I guess I have overexpectations of anything Moffat writes having been a fan for a very long time.

T.

• 1 month later...

I was able to watch the first episode of the new HBO series "Boardwalk Empire". Its set around gangsters in the prohibition times starring Steve Buscemi. Going by the first episode HBO have another hit on their hands to replace "Soprano's". I hope this gets a UK pick up soon so I dont have to hunt streams.

Talking of UK picking up series fast I have seen trailers for "The Event" on CH4. I know this has just premiered in USA but not to sure what to make of it by reviews I'm a bit burned out by this "LOST/Flash Forward" style of program. Anyone got any comments on it?

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Season 5 premiere of Dexter was last night!! This season is going to be great, but it's gonna be hard to top leas years.

So what's everyone's TV schedule now that pretty much everything has premiered?

Monday is all about Weeds!

Tuesday i'll watch Raising Hope and Running Wild on FOX. They premiered last week, so I can't say much. I don't see them going too far, but let's see.

Thursday's a big night, with Community, The Office, It's Always Sunny, and The League.

And of course the best for last, Dexter on Sunday

Dexter is nothing short of brilliant & I've just watched every episode (1-4) back to back over a period of 5 or 6 weeks. I love it.....spoilers please ;)

i've not ventured into this thread before... and this is the first post I read. Spot on, and I've been doing the exact same thing over the last couple of weeks. Dexter and Smallville are the only two things I'm watching at the moment.

Dexter is nothing short of brilliant & I've just watched every episode (1-4) back to back over a period of 5 or 6 weeks. I love it.....spoilers please ;)

people die. :)

Sorry dont know much. The better half is the Dexter fan here. Me I'm going to be getting the season 2 DVD set of Fringe and I will watch that as I missed the first few on Sky and didn't want to mess up the whole thing.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

I'm always bummed about Fringe. It dropped off our radar and apparently became just short of brilliant :unsure: I think I'll eventually start watching Dexter once I catch up on the rest of the series I have on my Netflix instant que :P In my house we're playing catch up to some shows we've had on the dvr and some new shows. One show that I really liked and recommend is Men of a Certain Age. Of course I'm an old fart, so that's probable why I enjoy it so much. Sadly some of the new comedies are more miss than hits. One show that still makes me laugh every time I think about it is Raising Hope. Hopefully the move it to a better time and it doesn't get lost in the shuffle once American Idol starts again :confused:

Talking of UK picking up series fast I have seen trailers for "The Event" on CH4. I know this has just premiered in USA but not to sure what to make of it by reviews I'm a bit burned out by this "LOST/Flash Forward" style of program. Anyone got any comments on it?

It was weird. Hard to get any real impression of whether it'll be good from the premiere, one or two bits had me rolling my eyes, like when a character says the title of the show in a particularly "oooh, aren't we mysterious" way. I don't see it being Lost quality by any means, but I'll be watching the second episode to find out what the heck happened in the first episode, so I guess that's a recommendation, maybe?

Also I think BHM was asking for spoiler tags on Dexter, not the spoilers themselves :biggrin:

Donster, Fringe definitely got 100 times better in season 2. Well worth getting the DVDs.

Edited by battlecat

Here's my thoughts on Season 5

I think by the end of the season Quinn will be dead, and Deb will know Dexter's Dark Side. Either her finding out on her own or even Dex telling him. Sh!t is starting to hit the fan, and this would be the pinnacle. I also have a theory that the neighbor killed Rita, not Trinity. While it makes more sense of Trinity doing it (man, Lithgow is an amazing actor, "you c*nt!""), the neighbor has been brought into the spotlight, and obviously for a reason.

No ordinary family was a real treat at SDCC, they actually played the pilot there :D But, we're going to watch it again tomorrow. I think unlike Heroes, they actually have a plan on how things are going to be. BTW, it premiere's tomorrow. It's worth mentioning twice :lol:

Edited by The_Donster

I saw the first couple seasons of Dexter, and I like the concept a lot more than the execution. Still a fun show to watch from time to time, but it feels like "empty calories." That guy was in a much better show a few years ago called Six Feet Under where he played a homosexual mortician.

I've been watching Doctor Who. I used to have a strong dislike for the show, but now I adore it. I started with the Ninth Doctor and now I'm on the Eleventh. Recently, I've been pondering collecting what I can of older seasons out of curiousity.

Trying to watch Torchwood, too, but I'm not liking it as much.

Dexter is one of the best shows, I love it! I have all the seasons and Sho.com had the first episode of season 5 on their website so I got to watch the season premier since we don't have showtime right now. I love Fringe, Office, 30 Rock, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Glee, Medium, Caprica and I have been likeing Hawaii 5-O and The Event. Those of course are just the shows that are currently on. Oh and of course I never miss Star Wars the Clone Wars and Robot Chicken (anyone know when it will be back on again?)

I missed the premier of No Ordinary Famliy but I will give that a try and the Cape as well when that one comes on mid season.

I've been watching Doctor Who. I used to have a strong dislike for the show, but now I adore it. I started with the Ninth Doctor and now I'm on the Eleventh. Recently, I've been pondering collecting what I can of older seasons out of curiousity.

Torchwood gets better its alot darker then Doctor Who but better for it.

The modern Doctor Who has to me 3 scales really all aimed at different audiences.

Sarah Jane Adventures. Aimed squarely at kiddies but if you like DW its could be worth it for the background sorta stuff.

Doctor Who. The main stream aimed for me at little older audience but accessible to all on most episodes. This is prob the only program on TV that we as a whole family watch together and that does include my 6 year old nephew when he visits.

Torchwood. Older audience really mid teens an up I would guess. Dark stories and characters that may be a bit harder for some ppl to get to grips with. This ain't a black and white stories but shades of gray. You can have ppl doing bad things for good reasons.

As for older doctors anyone upto and including Tom Baker is good in my eyes but after that it went downhill fast until the say the eighth doctor and the modern stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Torchwood gets better its alot darker then Doctor Who but better for it.

The modern Doctor Who has to me 3 scales really all aimed at different audiences.

Sarah Jane Adventures. Aimed squarely at kiddies but if you like DW its could be worth it for the background sorta stuff.

Doctor Who. The main stream aimed for me at little older audience but accessible to all on most episodes. This is prob the only program on TV that we as a whole family watch together and that does include my 6 year old nephew when he visits.

Torchwood. Older audience really mid teens an up I would guess. Dark stories and characters that may be a bit harder for some ppl to get to grips with. This ain't a black and white stories but shades of gray. You can have ppl doing bad things for good reasons.

As for older doctors anyone upto and including Tom Baker is good in my eyes but after that it went downhill fast until the say the eighth doctor and the modern stuff.

Very true!

I'm all caught up in modern Who now and I'm loving it. The new season is very different, but it's refreshing that Matt Smith doesn't feel like he's really replacing David Tennant, so much as the show has become something different.

I did not care much for Torchwood's first season. It honestly felt like they were pushing for the adult themes more than the Sci-Fi feel. Instead of chasing the monsters, they either frak or yell at eachother. This being a majority of each episode got kind of old fast. It did get better, though. Especially once the rift stuff became a big focus and characters became more fleshed out. (Although, the first season finale was incredibly weak, imo.) I'm onto season 2 now and it's pretty awesome.

Haven't checked out Sarah Jane Adventures yet, but I guess I will once I finish up with Torchwood.

I just started rewatching Battlestar Galactica again too.

My best friend was dying to watch for the longest time, and i finally sat her down and put it on.

We're currently midway through Season 2, and she LOVES it. ;) She now owns a Helo Action Figure. :lol:

Getting to see all these characters, for me, again has been a blast. Especially when I know what's gonna happen. ;)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

• 3 weeks later...