UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're put off by swearing only when it is necessary, then Game of Thrones won't be a good fit for you. :unsure:

I don't mind swearing when it's crucial to the scene or the story but swearing just to swear and be "mature" puts me off.Anyway,is the story good and captivating?

Yes. But there's a lot of swearing.

If you're put off by swearing only when it is necessary, then Game of Thrones won't be a good fit for you. :unsure:

I don't mind swearing when it's crucial to the scene or the story but swearing just to swear and be "mature" puts me off.Anyway,is the story good and captivating?

If you're put off by swearing only when it's necessary, real life won't be a good fit either.

Game of Thrones is utterly brilliant. Is it profane, graphic, gross, etc? Absolutely. But it represents a different time (and place i suppose), and does so beautifully. It's fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're put off by swearing only when it's necessary, real life won't be a good fit either.

Game of Thrones is utterly brilliant. Is it profane, graphic, gross, etc? Absolutely. But it represents a different time (and place i suppose), and does so beautifully. It's fantastic.

Actually i formatted my pc and forgot to save my files in a usb and now 7 seasons of drwho,2 seasons of got,3 seasons of walking dead and many more are lost.

• 1 month later...

So, what did everyone think of the series finale of Fringe?

Overall, I was happy with the ending, it didn't feel too rushed or out of place to me. They managed to wrap everything up very well, and all major players finally got the screen time they needed (looking at you Broyles!). The references to the various prior Fringe events was cool to see, and it was nice to get one final visit to the other side. I'll miss this show, as everthing worked for me from Season 1 to the end. Mostly, I'm going to miss Walter Bishop, one of the best written TV characters I've seen in a long time.

That is easy to do, we're just getting caught up on several shows we fell behind on, currently Justified is taking up most of our viewing time.

Definitely finish Fringe, I know you loved X-Files, and Fringe is the spiritual successor to that series, but without the annoying bits and long, drawn out stories with no satisfying ending. :wacko:

I loved the Fringe finale. Made me tear up, in fact. My father just passed away on Christmas Eve, so all the father/son stuff hit very close to home. While the show wasn't perfect, it was daring and impeccably crafted. I'm gonna miss it.

Also: I threw together a few Fringe quick customs last week in honor of the finale, and I'll get 'em up tomorrow.

I loved the Fringe finale. Made me tear up, in fact. My father just passed away on Christmas Eve, so all the father/son stuff hit very close to home. While the show wasn't perfect, it was daring and impeccably crafted. I'm gonna miss it.

Also: I threw together a few Fringe quick customs last week in honor of the finale, and I'll get 'em up tomorrow.

Sorry to hear you lost your father, Hellpop.

At the moment my main TV watching are

BBC's Ripper Street (I find it good and aimed more at an adult audience.)

Ken Folletts End of The World on C4.

Arrow

and the new season of Murdoch Mysteries starts tomorrow and I expect the next season of Castle to not be that far behind.

Ah nuts, I meant to watch The Americans. It looks fantastic. I started watching House of Cards on Netflix this weekend. I haven't seen the original to compare, but this is a pretty incredible show. Netflix has set a very high bar.

Oops. Phone freak out.

Edited by Turtle

Hey TTF, did you hear about the new BSG show they're coming out with

Ah nuts, I meant to watch The Americans. It looks fantastic. I started watching House of Cards on Netflix this weekend. I haven't seen the original to compare, but this is a pretty incredible show. Netflix has set a very high bar.

I get your point, I guess.

Who watched the 30 Rock series finale? Probably the best episode of the series and one of the most satisfying series finales i've watched. The last 10 minutes or so just left a huge smile on my face.

The Americans. Oh my GOD, The Americans. Ir there was ever a cooler show (well, there is, BSG). But yea, currently my new favorite. Incredible.

Missed the premiere because of work, so I am anxiously waiting for my cable provider to put it on Demmand.

Well, I guess you guys have encouraged me to check out a few new shows. I've avoided Arrow due to the highly annoying billboards that are *still* up around L.A. since October! But now I'll give it a chance.

I've been trying to watch Supernatural for awhile now. I know it has it's fans. I loved the first season, but it's getting really, really tough to marathon watch because of all the "Dad" exposition in almost every episode (i.e. he's missing, then he's not, etc, then let's explain to the audience every few scenes! I know, I get it, let's move on!) . Funny, I think I enjoyed it more when they were standalone episodes vs the whole storyline I see developing now. I really loved the s1 Wendigo episode, that's been my favorite take on Wendigos so far!

I've also been trying to watch Fringe.

My main problem with shows like Fringe, Supernatural, Dexter, Walking Dead is my wife. She wants to watch with me, so our schedules need to line up and we have to be in the same mood to watch something at the same time. Do we stay home and catch up on shows or do we make use of our Disneyland Annual Pass? Or go hunting for TRU exclusive Minimates?

Too much stuff to watch, too little time. We did get through all of Babylon 5 and DS9 last year at least! (first time for her, 3rd for me :) )

But I'm up to date on Breaking Bad at least!

My current passion is the Universal Monsters. I'm a Blu Ray fan, and got the set for cheap from the UK. I've never actually sat down and watched these movies before, and I'm digging the hell out of them! I love the restorations! I'm able to actually pay attention and appreciate the details. So now my Netflix disc queue is FULL of Karloff, Lugosi, etc. I'm trying too hard not to fantasize about more UM Minimates though since we're likely not to see them, but now I want them more than before, if that's even possible! But now I really hope they restore more of the Universal Monster Movies for Blu Ray, especially Hunchback and Lon Chaney's Phantom of the Opera!

Finally, I've been watching a lot of Star Trek lately. The Blu Ray restorations of TNG have re-ignited my love for Trek. I only bought the s3 DVD set back in the day, now I'm buying every Blu Ray season I can get my hands on! I have all of TOS and the movies, I'm even pre-ordering Enterprise.