UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

My wife went and watched a few episodes of UKS without me.

sost.gif

Said it was good though. We have LMOE in our Hulu queue, but we're almost done with our P&R rewatch, so we will probably not get to it for a week or so at least.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orphan. Black.

This show is freaking amazing and has has only one real stumbling block, IMHO. I'd love to see mates... two waves could do it, I think...

Sara w Keira/Paul

Cal/Mrs. S.

Alison/Donnie

Art/Angela

Cosima/Delphine

Fee/Vic

Helena/Daniel

Rachel/Aldous

Heck... you could throw in some spare parts for serious variations

Has anyone else seen the first episode of Powers? I watched it last night. My son and I have read most of the comics and found it to be pretty faithful to the tone of the source material. My daughter enjoyed it and hasn't read the comic. We'll probably check out the rest.

I'll admit I'm still having a tough time seeing Sharlto Copley as Walker/Diamond. He's not as skinny as I'd expected but he's still not the physically imposing figure he is in the book. (I guess they ran out of viable Hemsworth brothers.)

http://youtu.be/gt2znyyXt3g

I'll admit I'm still having a tough time seeing Sharlto Copley as Walker/Diamond.

This. Copley isnt a good fit for Walker, but I've only watched the first episode. They definitely got the tone of the comic series, and I can see how the "genericness" of the superheroes could be a turn off for people new to the story.

Pilgrim is perfect!

Oh, and Mario Lopez! :)

Edited by youbastards

Better Call Saul keeps getting better. Loved last night's episode but I'm a big fan of Mike Ehrmantraut. (Minimates, please.)

It was so good. I thought this show sounded like a bad idea when they announced it, but it's my favorite thing on right now. At least until Community starts.

Anybody watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix? I stumbled on a commercial of this and have been watching it as much as possible. Some really funny stuff and zingers.

I loved series 1 . Series 2 not so much .

I particularly enjoyed the fictional town of 'Broadchurch' ......which is actually West Bay near Bridport (Dorset) . I lived there for a short period with an ex ,it's beautiful & part of the Jurassic Coast* , World Heritage Site .

If you visit the UK .....go there ...walk the beach & I defy you to NOT to find a fossil . *Hence the name .

I just finished Gracepoint, before realizing it was the American adaptation of Broadchurch. It's interesting now to watch Broadchurch and compare the subtle differences between the two offerings.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is hilarious and fun, and I'm eager for season 2. The theme has been stuck in my head for days.

I've been watching The 100 recently, and I have to say that while it started out as a clear ripoff of The Hunger Games, it has developed to be a pretty interesting watch on it's own merit. Not award winning material, and it could do without the tween appeal, but it has it's strengths.

I loved series 1 . Series 2 not so much .

I particularly enjoyed the fictional town of 'Broadchurch' ......which is actually West Bay near Bridport (Dorset) . I lived there for a short period with an ex ,it's beautiful & part of the Jurassic Coast* , World Heritage Site .

If you visit the UK .....go there ...walk the beach & I defy you to NOT to find a fossil . *Hence the name .

The trial was a bit drawn out, that's true. But apart from that, I didn't really find anything wrong with it. The first one had a stronger premise, that's for sure, but S2 followed it pretty good. All in all, I liked it well enough to hop into Season 3 when it comes out.

Huh, I didn't know anything about the actual history of the town. Well, you know what they say, you learn something new everyday.

We have 3-4 eps of Kimmy Schmidt to go, and I like it a lot. Ellie Kemper is a star, and a goofball, and she really makes that show work. It seems like it's done quite well for Netflix, which is interesting because I suspect it would have sunk like a stone on NBC.

Edited by hellpop

I get that Mnemosis, it is definitely an acquired taste of comedy and acting. Which is probably why hellpop is right about it sinking if it was on network. Right now I'm watching The Blacklist, The Walking Dead, Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, Sleepy Hollow and to lighten the mood a bit, The Goldberg's, BBT and Fresh off the Boat.

I'm out of the loop on TV at the moment.One series behind on things like Banshee, Vikings An at least 2 bheind on Walking Dead Etc. I actully have the boxset of of Breaking Bad to watch I bought it on just hearing the good stuff about it an not watched an episode yet

All that being said I love Flash cause its semi close to the comics ( An has costumes!) Plz give us Jay Garrick in seaason 2. Hell I would even take the father in prison being Jay Garrick. An he changed his name at some point. Smurf me! even as I typed that drunkish as I am that would rock. It would tie alot of stuff together An be nerdvana.

I dont tweet or anything like that so if anyone wants to run withe that idea hashtag away

• 2 years later...

We just finished 13 Reasons Why, and it was one of the most depressing things I've ever seen in my life. It's one of those shows that I can't say I'd ever watch again. And due to the subject matter, and some of the situations that happen, I can't say it was "good" or that I "liked it." However, I do feel it was worth watching once. 

We then started on the most recent season of Supernatural. Which I hear is also less than happy-go-lucky. 

And I'm binge watching Young Justice when my wife falls asleep. It's like a palette cleanser. God, I miss Young Justice....and DC Minimates. 

4 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I just finished the second season of Fargo. Never saw the movie (tried but couldn't get into it at the time for some reason) but I'm really enjoying the show.

We're into the third season......way different again & occasionally completely off the wall . 

44 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

We're into the third season......way different again & occasionally completely off the wall . 

I'm looking forward to it. I don't get FX so I have to wait until it's released on Hulu. My daughter loves that it's got a Legion vibe to it, thanks to having the same show runner.