UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

I've avoided modern cartoons like the plague for some time, but out of boredom i put Cartoon Network on the other day. Let me say, Regular Show is genius. Quickly became one of my favorite cartoons, it's a perfect satirical analysis of millenial hipster culture. The writing is pretty snappy, i'm addicted. Most other cartoons on right now are garbage, but Regular Show is so much fun.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've avoided modern cartoons like the plague for some time, but out of boredom i put Cartoon Network on the other day. Let me say, Regular Show is genius. Quickly became one of my favorite cartoons, it's a perfect satirical analysis of millenial hipster culture. The writing is pretty snappy, i'm addicted. Most other cartoons on right now are garbage, but Regular Show is so much fun.

I agree 100%! And, I have to say, there was so much hype regarding Adventure Time when it first came out, I completely breezed by it until the same night I discovered Regular Show. Both shows have literally become two of my favorite series on TV right now. Adventure Time is so brilliantly out there and unique, I am totally going to expose my wee ones to it if I ever have 'em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJTrD3R5cj0

• 5 weeks later...

Soi've been watching the 10th season of two&a half men (it's the only watchable thing Greek tv plays, the rest are either Mexican or Turkish shows with the same old recydled stories) and this is not a show, it's a commercial for drugs. Every 5 or so minutes they smoke a joint, get wasted and occasionally do crack and cocaine. Come on, when Sheen was on board the show was much,much better! On other news i've recently got into Supernatural and i'm halfway season 3 and i have to say, it's really good! Justified is pretty enjoyable as well.Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Sherlock, Dr. Who and Arrow. Oh and Agents of SHIELD.

Edited by Kostisfire

The Newsroom is back and once again i feel smart as hell watching it. God i love this show.

It's back?!? Me and my partner blitzed through the first season in about 5 days. Absolutely loved it. Such a smart show.

I'm guessing we'll need to wait a while before we get it over in the UK. But it will be worth the wait.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got on board and have been junkie watching Breaking Bad in anticipation for the final season and boy do I loathe Walter White. I feel no pity for him like I do for Jesse. The writers of that show sure do know how to coin a phrase though.

I saw that yesterday. The funny thing about that scene (besides it being, y'know, funny), is that I kept thinking that Jesse was going to walk out and shoot these two idiots, so by the end I wasn't even paying attention to what they were saying, I was expecting Badger's head to blow up at any moment. Just amazing. Who knew that Badger and Skinny Pete were Trekkies?

• 4 weeks later...

Netflix premeired Ricky Gervais' new series 'Derek', and we just watched all 7 episodes. This is easily one of the most simultaneously heart-warming and heart-wrenching tv shows I've ever seen.

Wonderfully acted, very touching, and unlike anything Gervais has created.

Agreed. I loved that show. I was moved to tears a few times during the series.

In other news I started watching Breaking Bad this week. I know I'm late to the party, but 3 episodes in, and I'm loving it.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright..so I've gotta ask. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. did anyone watch it? If so, what did you think? I thought it was good. Dialogue was good. Special effects were decent. I was disappointed that there weren't more superheroes, but it's got nice nods to the Marvel movie universe, and it was just the pilot.

Hope everyone else got a chance to watch.

Watched it, enjoyed it.

My only complaint was that it LOOKED too much like a pilot/tv show instead of a movie.

They may have gone a bit overboard with the name dropping in dialog; my wife kept asking me "what's that?" "is that something?" "who's that?" (on the other hand, she DID watch it with me and enjoy it!)

I love premiere season, but my social life hates me:

SHIELD

Hostages

Sleepy Hollow

Brickleberry

Tosh

Key and Peele

Daily Show

Colbert

The Bridge

How I Met Your Mother

South Park

Michael J. Fox Show

Ink Master

Shark Tank

Last Man Standing

New Girl

Legend of Korra

TOO. MUCH. I've notices that while shows like Dads, Mom, and We Are Men exist, there's a distinct lack of show like Partners that were practically made to be cancelled. Curious; guess it's not as big a pilot season as most years.

its not supposed to look like a movie...it is a tv show...

2nd of all there is no such thing as too much name dropping, and this show does not have nearly enough yet, it had some good stuff but most was characters or concepts made specifically for the show, now Arrow knows how to name drop for comic fans and I hope this show follows their model

having said that, I REALLLY enjoyed it, especially them finally following up on the teaser they gave us in cap ;)

What teaser was that? I was pretty disappointed with Agents of SHIELD. The production seemed pretty cheap. There were multiple lazy and awkward camera angles and cuts. The writing didn't seen as crisp as I expected it to be, but that may have been because the acting (for the most part) was pretty bad. The plot lacked any real sense of danger or intrigue, and I wasn't really drawn in by the characters. I'll watch a few more episodes, but I'm hoping for some improvement.