UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

I'll have to check that Treme show out at some time. . .having some familiarity with NO, I'll be interested to see how that show's events match up with my own perceptions of things. Goodman has a strong connection with the city, anyway, so I'm sure there is some authenticity to his performance.

On a side note, he's not my favorite actor, either, but he's really shined in several Coen Brothers films--particularly Walter Sobchack in the Big Lebowski.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We gave up our huge cable bill and went down to basic cable. My only complaint is that now I tend to forget that shows are on because I'm watching so much Netflix these days :lol: Of course Archer had just gotten our attention when we shut it all down. Good thing Netflix has the first season. I cannot wait for Season 2 to hit :D

Yes please. That show is great! I think I watched the first season in 1 day. :( I'm tempted to just watch it again.

I just finished Witchblade. Pretty good actually.

Just rewatched seasons 1-4 of x-men evolution, season 1 of wolverine and the x-men, season 1 of fantastic four, season 1 of avengers earths mightiest heroes and im now working my way through the 90's spiderman show

• 1 month later...

Anyone else completely addicted to Game of Thrones on HBO? Only 5 episodes have aired, but it is one of the best produced series on TV. As far as the sets go, I haven't been this impressed since Deadwood.

I'm reading the first book too, and so far the tv series has been extremely accurate.

I'm watching it and LOVING it. I'm soon to finish the third book. Even knowing what happens next in the TV series (there have been a couple of little changes/enhancements), I have been impressed at the way each episode ends with such a gripping cliffhanger. It's definitely a well made and thought-out show.

I am a big fan of NBC's Parks & Recreation, and it seems that one of the characters, Ron Swanson, is becoming a bit of an internet star.

If you don't watch the show, this clip sums up his character:

Ron Swanson wants all of the bacon and eggs.

There are quite a few great comedies on right now but Modern Family, Parks & Recreation, and Community are the 3 that I make sure I don't miss.

Anyone else completely addicted to Game of Thrones on HBO? Only 5 episodes have aired, but it is one of the best produced series on TV. As far as the sets go, I haven't been this impressed since Deadwood.

I'm reading the first book too, and so far the tv series has been extremely accurate.

I've read the first 3 books and yep they pretty much have it nailed.

My problem is with the books not the TV show, The author has been very slow to continue give us new books and the current one is over 5 years late. I have put reading any more on hold as doubt he will ever get around to finishing the whole saga. I'd suggest reading through book 3 and then stopping until we get more as book 4 is half a book and only tells the story of some of the characters.

T.

• 2 months later...

So we're catching up on '24' on Netflix (didn't watch it when it was on air) and we're half-way through season 2 ... a friggin cougar?? :rolleyes: you got to be kidding me! I'm loving this show so far, but please tell me they ease up on the Kim-can't-walk-or-do-anything-without-resulting-in-her-spontaneously-combusting.

My TV watching has been a bit hit and miss at the moment.

There are a few new series restarting on UK TV which I DVR to watch at my leisure.

Falling Skies

Town Called Eureka

Warehouse 13

Castle (just finished)

Murdoch Mysteries

Fringe (waiting for the third season to appear on catch up TV and I will watch in a block)

Pitbulls & Parolees

Rescue Ink

My son streams Wilfred which he says is good.

I'm waiting on the new Sons Of Anarchy and is it Terra Nova?

I watched Falling Skies and thought that it was good enough to watch through but it wasn't amazing. I do have to say that the reveal they gave in the last couple of episodes did increase my interest in the show and the season finale was good.

I just started watching Starz's Camelot and it is good so far (about halfway through it) but the actor they got to play Arthur is atrocious!

Edited by gambitron