attack of the show

clonewars

batman the brave and the bold

smallville

simpsons

ironman armored adventures

wolverine and the x-men

these are some of my favorite shows

The Prisoner. Just watched the first episode of the revamp....quite good but needs to get going..quickly. Lost still grips me but the runaway winner is still 'Wallander' the Swedish homicide detective series which despite the sub-titles is bloody brilliant & quite unlike anything else that I have seen on TV....ever.

I've caught a couple of episodes of Justified on FX. It stars Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood, Die Hard 4, Crazies remake) as a Kentucky lawman (might as well be from Texas). He channels Seth Bullock quite a bit, which is a good thing. Based off of an Elmore Leonard character.

Just a very solid, well-written and acted show thus far. I hope that it survives for awhile.

Being an old-school pro wrestling fan, another show I've tried to catch is NXT on Sci-Fi channel. Not a great show, but one of the "rookies" is a guy named "Daniel Bryan." If you aren't familiar, his real name is Bryan Danielson, and he is one of the finest pro wrestlers I have ever seen. He feuded with (now) fairly well-known guys like Samoa Joe, CM Punk, AJ Styles, and Homicide while he was on the independent circuit, and when those feuds went on, pretty much all of his opponents respected him as the superior technical wrestling expert. Not sure how his tenure in WWE will play out, but he is definitely a guy to watch. . .if you are into that sort of thing :D

Edited by karamazov80

• 3 months later...

Just watched Sherlock on BBC its a new look putting him in modern times. Done by one of the guys behind Doctor Who, Stephen Moffet. It was good and very simler to me in style to the Doctor Who series. If you aint seen it try and get it on the BBC Iplayer its worth a watch.

Also tonights episode of Top Gear with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz was just excellent.

Are they still making new episodes of that show? Damn. I was watching that 10 years ago.

Tonight I was watching some AWA wrestling from 1988 on ESPN Classic. Good stuff, but not that good. There is a reason that company never seriously competed with WWF/WCW in that period.

I've just watched season one of Breaking Bad. . .

In a nutshell, it's about a man who finds out he has cancer . In order to make sure his family is looked after financially once he's gone, he decides to use his skill as a high-school chemistry teacher to create some fast cash making & selling crystal meth.

Obviously - his quest to make some quick cash doesn't go as smoothly as first hoped.

It's kind of a dark comic-drama. Or Maybe a dark drama with comic elements of comedy. Sort of an American Beauty kind of feel to it. Has anyone seen it? If so - what do you think?

Has anyone seen it? If so - what do you think?

I thought it started out great, and it only gets better and better every year. Some of the most tense scenes I've ever seen on a TV show, and yet also quite funny and kinda sweet, at times. Also I can't believe that guy was the wacky dad on Malcolm in the Middle, he's an amazing actor.

I have only seen season 1 so far, and it was awesome. I hope to get around to watching season 2 soon.

Related to that, last night I caught bits and pieces of the first couple episodes of Rubicon (in between taking care of baby). It definitely had its moments, and felt like it was much richer and of a higher quality than a network show, but I didn't get to see enough to get a complete impression.

I thought it started out great, and it only gets better and better every year.

Awesome! i'm glad to hear it keeps getting better. I can't wait to start the next season this week.

I was heartbroken to find that there were only 7 episodes in the first season. . . i thought my 3rd disc was faulty or something at first when the season ended. LOL

Last night they had video game music played by an orchestra on PBS. Weird. Sometimes cool, sometimes crappy, IMO. They started with Halo, ended with Castlevania, and played all the great songs from the original NES game, but the guy playing electric guitar was annoying.

Edited by karamazov80

I don't know anything about that show, but might have to check it out. . .I assume it is about super heroes?

It's a buddy cop comedy, with Bradley Whitford from The West Wing playing an old-school mustache kinda detective against a modern/by-the-books rookie. From the episodes I saw it's pretty funny, though I lost track of it when I noticed a new season of History Detectives had started.

Just watched Sherlock on BBC its a new look putting him in modern times. Done by one of the guys behind Doctor Who, Stephen Moffet. It was good and very simler to me in style to the Doctor Who series.

I missed the first but saw the second which is far & away the best TV show I've seen in some while...... Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock),who apparently turned down the part of Dr.Who, is perfectly cast & is just mesmerising to watch.

Watch it in the US ,on PBS, from October 24th . An un-aired pilot episode will also be available to watch when the DVD is released.

....& another thing whilst Steven Moffat deservedly takes the headlines ,the co-creator Mark Gatiss is a hugely talented guy being the only person in the current run of Doctor Who to act in & script for it. You may also remember him in the 'League of Gentlemen' the irreverent comedy show .....I certainly do :P

Edited by buttheadsmate

Just watched Sherlock on BBC its a new look putting him in modern times. Done by one of the guys behind Doctor Who, Stephen Moffet. It was good and very simler to me in style to the Doctor Who series.

I missed the first but saw the second which is far & away the best TV show I've seen in some while...... Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock),who apparently turned down the part of Dr.Who, is perfectly cast & is just mesmerising to watch.

Watch it in the US ,on PBS, from October 24th . An un-aired pilot episode will also be available to watch when the DVD is released.

....& another thing whilst Steven Moffat deservedly takes the headlines ,the co-creator Mark Gatiss is a hugely talented guy being the only person in the current run of Doctor Who to act in & script for it. You may also remember him in the 'League of Gentlemen' the irreverent comedy show .....I certainly do :P

BBCIPlayer is your friend :)