UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you watching?

minimadman

I looked but could not find a thread dedicated to everyone's favorite living room accessory so I thought I'd start one. So what shows are everyone watching? I enjoy How I Met Your Mother, The Office, 30 Rock, Community, 24 (didn't care for last season but this season hopefully is better), LOST, Entourage, Party Down, True Blood, Phineas and Ferb, The Soup, American Idol, Man vs. Food.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only shows I consistently watch whenever I can are NFL games, PTI (Pardon the Interruption), and . . .that's about it. I used to try and watch the News Hour everyday, but I've been slacking on that recently. Soup is pretty good, and I also like various shows on the History Channel and A&E, as well as Hornets games. It is hard for me to turn off any of the Law and Orders when I see them, also. I used to watch Lost, but it got so wacky last year that I lost interest.

At this moment, I'm watching a DVD of Transformers cartoons (the original).

Edited by karamazov80

The only shows I consistently watch whenever I can are NFL games, PTI (Pardon the Interruption), and . . .that's about it. I used to try and watch the News Hour everyday, but I've been slacking on that recently. Soup is pretty good, and I also like various shows on the History Channel and A&E, as well as Hornets games. It is hard for me to turn off any of the Law and Orders when I see them, also. I used to watch Lost, but it got so wacky last year that I lost interest.

At this moment, I'm watching a DVD of Transformers cartoons (the original).

I got into LOST at the beginning and and if it were not ending and claiming to answer all questions i would not still be watching because you are right it did get strange but I think it started 2 years ago not last year.

Lost is pretty wacky, but I love it for the wackiness. It's kind of refreshing to see a tv show that really isn't afraid to be out there. True Blood, Entourage, 30 Rock, the Office, Fringe, Mythbusters are all on my DVR list. I'm catching up on Mad Men thanks to netflix...

And thanks to Netflix, I've been watching a lot of British tv shows. Spaced, Black Books, and The IT Crowd are all great and right up my alley. Coupling is also pretty funny. Life on Mars is a super fun blast. Philip Glenister is so perfect as DCI Hunt- one of my favorite tv characters ever. The miniseries State of Play and Traffik are both brilliant. I've learned that our friends across the pond REALLY know how to make tv.

Edited by Turtle

Once a week I watch Naruto Shippuuden and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and they're pretty good. Naruto has been really improving and FMA:B follows the manga more closely than first series. I've also been watching the second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and it's getting really irritating because they're stuck in a time loop.

Everyone seems to have a different line for what they consider an acceptable (or kind of "realistic") level of craziness for Lost, and for a lot of people it has crossed that line at some point from season 2 on -- personally I've only ever expected to be surprised by it, and I've loved the show the whole way through :)

Also a big fan of House, Mad Men, Law & Order (the last couple of years especially), Supernatural, Friday Night Lights. And I'm years behind on it, but Dexter is great. This year I've been pretty impressed by Community and The Good Wife.

Edited by battlecat

Yeah, I don't know what it was that turned me off last season, but I just decided it wasn't worth my time to watch anymore. I actually really dug the ridiculousness of it all for the first 3 seasons or so. But time travel, people coming back from the dead, "moving" the island, etc. etc. All added up, it must have been too much. I'll probably try to catch up on DVD to watch the last season and a half or whatever when it is over, however. Curious to see if they actually do try to explain what in Sam Hill that show was all about, anyway :lol:

I've also watched a fair amount of Dexter on DVD. Not a huge fan, but it is watchable. Certainly not near as good as that guy's previous work on Six Feet Under.

Edited by karamazov80

phineas and ferb is awesome! i really dig spectacular spidermen and brave and the bold. thats about it though dont watch tv that much. do try to catch bleach or cowboy bebop once in awhile.

I watch Mythbusters whenever I can, and occasionally Glee when I'm in a cheery mood. Otherwise I don't really watch anything regularly. I'm going to try tuning in to the Tonight Show more though, now that Conan appears to be on his last week :(

Still need to catch up on my DVD viewing: I still have to finish Doctor Who and BSG. And I just discovered Top Gear last month, and am now stuck with YouTube and wishing our local cable had it <_<

We do have some extremely good shows in the UK especially the ones mentioned. Oddly enough my favourite TV show at the moment is 'Wallander ' which revolves around the cases of a Swedish homicide detective & stars Kenneth Branagh . I've never been a great fan of Branagh but he is perfect for this role & the production is just stunning. Ironically 'Wallander' first hit these shores in it's original Swedish TV format a couple of years back & despite a Swedish cast & subsequent sub-titles it is perhaps even better than the British re-make. We've just finished watching all the episodes on DVD & it is perhaps the freshest cop-show I've seen in years......apart from Inspector Norse (sorry :D ).

Now if I tell you that my second favourite show is a French TV show called 'Spiral' than you'd probably think I'm into arty-farty european shows.......I'm not ....it's just coincidence. Spiral is a gritty law & order show set on the streets of Paris & makes 'The Wire' look like a kids' show . Sub-titles again I'm afraid but at least I can understand French which makes things easier than trying to understand the Swedish language(Wallander) which is completely unintelligible to me. Spiral is superb & deals with some pretty controversial stuff not usually dealt with in British or US drama.

Lost still grips me & I'm lining up Dexter DVDs to watch in the future whilst Top Gear is an institution here in the UK & if you haven't seen it on BBC World then give it a go it'll be worth it!

I've never been a Dr.Who fan in the way guys like Rad,Harley, jj & the others are but the present run, over the last few years, has been something that I ,as English SF fan , am particularly proud of because it is brilliant.

Finally.... Big Bang Theory........why do I like that show so much?

Finally.... Big Bang Theory........why do I like that show so much?

If it makes ya feel any better BHM... BBT is a big hit around here too, especially with the fellow comics/toy enthusiasts in our area. Another one of those shows I enjoy watching every once in a while.

Hurm... maybe it's genetic? :whistling:

Smallville is about the only scripted show I'm watching right now, although I'm a big Eureka fan. I am trying to watch some of the Friday night fair on Sci-Fi, Sanctuary, SGU, W13, but pretty meh on it. I watch a lot of "reality" (or at least unscripted) shows: Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, Ghost Hunters, Monsterquest, (yes I have an odd facination with ghosts and crypto's, and my wife 'mocks' me for it plenty) and Deadliest Catch among others. I may give Human Target a try. I've tried to watch Lost and 24 in the past, but it doesn't hold my interest. Fringe... well after 4 episodes I decided that I really had watched this show before and really didn't need to see the new gross-out edition. And I want to like Bones, I really do. I like the characters and ensemble chemistry. But I am burnt out on crime proceedurals, and just can't really get into it.

24 is another one that I used to really enjoy, but it just lost me somewhere along the line. I would love to see Jack Bauer vs. Jason Bourne vs. Chuck Norris vs. Freddy or something similar down the road.

Fringe... well after 4 episodes I decided that I really had watched this show before and really didn't need to see the new gross-out edition.

I'll take my Mulder and Scully knock-offs however I can get them. Although it's John Noble as mad scientist Walter Bishop that really makes the show. Sadly, for some unknown reason, I've missed most of season 2 so far.

Top Chef, and Project Runway.

We watch those too. There's almost always a crier, and it might be mean-spirited, but I enjoy making fun of that person. Watch out, Janeane, you're in my sights.

To save the paragraph, i'll go to a list. I love TV:

Battlestar Galactica(DVD rewatching)

Smallville

Warehouse 13 (or at least did...1st Season's over)

Batman: Brave and the Bold

How I Met Your Mother

Desperate Housewives (Yes...yes, i watch it. Believe it or not, it is some of the BEST writing for TV i have ever seen. Great show)

Degrassi

90s X-men (reruns)

90s Iron Man (reruns)

X-men Evolution (reruns)

Batman Beyond (reruns)

Batma: The Animated series (reruns)

Family Guy

American Dad

King of the Hill

The Cleveland Show

The Simpsons

Robot Chicken

NCIS

CSI: New York

That 70s Show (DVD rewatching)

Like i said; i love TV. That's my DVR and DVD Collection of current, weekly watching. :blush:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

That's my DVR and DVD Collection of current, weekly watching. :blush:

DVR? Who needs a DVR when you have a VCR? :P

Amen Although my VCR does not work so well now that my DTV converter box died :(

my ipod still works and i am making my way through he-man and the masters of the universe. the new one NOT the original, i figure if it can inspire a group of loyal action figure collectors it can't be that bad and it has not been!

Love does not describe my feeling for my DVR. I got my 1st Tivo in 2002 and can not imagine TV without one now. I love not having to worry about if I will make it home in time for a show. It's TV on my schedule and it is awesome. Oh and my DVR is HD let's see your VCR do that.

The only shows I follow are Dexter, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Tim and Eric: Awesome Show Great Job!, The Office and Family Guy when it's on Hulu.

I've got Arrested Development and the Mighty Boosh on DVD have been re-watching those lately when I'm customizing.

I also watch reruns of King of the Hill and Malcolm in the Middle when they're on.

I've got Arrested Development and the Mighty Boosh on DVD have been re-watching those lately when I'm customizing.

"I'll get to the point in a minute........"

I live in a tiny little town in Devon, England ( pop.1300 ) which has 2 'events' a year.....one of which is an art's festival. I'm not interested too much in any of the 'arts' except for one .....'Comedy Night' which features stand-up comedians who are starting out on their careers. Five or six years ago an unknown guy called 'Noel Fielding' was the star.... he was amazing ! He still is.

I just ordered a DVR expander for the one in our living room. All the HD shows really eat up the internal drive. I'm excited that 24 is now back on. Now if only Kim would quit dressing so frumpy and start running again in slow motion...yummy